Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Ryan Tannehill proving how much coaching makes a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is Ryan Tannehill proving how much coaching makes a difference?

Actually I am not all that sure how great the coaching actually is in Tennessee, but it is really astounding what Tannehill is doing. Dolphins fans down here are going a little nuts on the radio this morning. It is funny listening to them, but it does make one wonder.

Now, granted it has been a relatively small sample size with Tannehill in Tennessee. He is really producing though and the Titans could be quite dangerous if they make the playoffs.

Now, it could be that this shows how bad Mariotta is. That is also a distinct possibility and if I were him I would be a little bit concerned. The Titans have a lot of talent on that team.
    Last edited by Broncoblood32; 12-09-2019, 04:23 AM.

What was the dolphins record when Tannehill played? He was always talented but often injured and unable to play.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
      What was the dolphins record when Tannehill played? He was always talented but often injured and unable to play.
      42-46-0

Comment

He also went through 4 OC in 6 years. There much to be said about stability in the system for young QB.

Comment

It's not like he was a bust in Miami. Every year that he was healthy for 16 games, beyond his rookie year, he averaged 26 combined pass/rush TDs a year. He had injury issues the last 3 years, and was never truly great, but you could see he had talent and was developing nicely-

Miami was foolish to let an above average QB go for essentially nothing. Especially if they don't hit on a QB this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            It's not like he was a bust in Miami. Every year that he was healthy for 16 games, beyond his rookie year, he averaged 26 combined pass/rush TDs a year. He had injury issues the last 3 years, and was never truly great, but you could see he had talent and was developing nicely-

Miami was foolish to let an above average QB go for essentially nothing. Especially if they don't hit on a QB this draft.
            Sometime its better to move on and I think Tannihill and MIA need to do that

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

Sometime its better to move on and I think Tannihill and MIA need to do that
              Better on both ends now same can be done with Marriota. Mariotta sucks though in my opinion. Plays scared.

Comment

Comment

Kind of reminds me of when Kurt Warner went to Arizona after a less than inspiring tenure in New York. Health and supporting personal all contribute. Tannehill is a tough one to figure out. Talent was always there, but he just never seemed to be able to put it together before now. Maybe something about the offense in Tennessee just clicks with him.

Comment

It’s always been about health more so than skill for Tannehill. The guy can ball out. But has to be healthy to do it.

He’s going to get a nice contract.

Comment

Health and then Miami was just a bad situation. He needed to move on.

Comment

I think he’s benefited from a system that’s perhaps suited better to his skills, and some other things, like a change in teams and his experience in the league have also helped him this season.
                        I’ve seen enough of the guy that I’m not 100% sold at this point.
                        He’s adequate at best.

Comment

Coaching matters. its the most important thing for a player.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            Coaching matters. its the most important thing for a player.
                            The offense is similar to one he ran at Texas AM and first 3 years in Miami under Sherman. So the understanding and comfort in it are there.

Comment

Buyer beware on Tannehill. He’s already been paid in 2015, and has made $62 mil. on that contract. It should also be noted that his peak was 2014, and then he began a slow but steady descent. 2015 was also his last year he played a full 16 games, and was out for the entirety of 2017. He is now playing for a measly $2 mil., and waaaay out playing that contract, but one can’t wonder what happens when the Titans step up and pay him again. Does he dedicate himself to the craft like he did in 2014? Or does he relax a bit knowing he’s got financial security all wrapped up?

Comment

Working...
                              X