Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Short lived Chef vs Broncos QB Reversal is OVER, or at least Reversed back.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thinking you have a QB's future pegged after 8 quarters of football is a little silly, but it's hard not to get a chub when watching the kid. It's just awesome to see a QB in orange that looks like a legit playmaker and not just a ****ing bandaid.

    That said, if he pulls it off this weekend that might just open up the door of the bandwagon for me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by strafen View Post
      Mahomes and Lock are special players and very talented ones, able to put up some good numbers and points on the board.
      I personally think Mahomes is not quite 100% healthy.
      I want him to be at his best and stay healthy to see how we can fare from this point forward.
      Best of luck and good health for both of them.
      Looking forward to the fun...
      He still has trouble running, his ankle and knee aren't 100% then he hit his hand on a helmet last week, I saw a report that he was afraid to throw it deep after that. The MRI was negative but muscle tissue damage takes time to heal too.

      I hope we can pressure him half as much as the Pats did and put him on the ground. Going to need Lock to keep us in this one for sure. I just hope it is something we have to claw for instead of getting up big and watching the lead fade away.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

        I could see it go either way. He's going to be super motivated coming back to his hometown to play, but that could possibly amp him up too much. Also the last time we played the Chiefs our OL had its worst game of the season. That happens again and it'll be damn near impossible for Lock to have a good game.
        God Flacco was such a wet blanket that game though. It would be impossible to have this kid lead the team to something that flat.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

          God Flacco was such a wet blanket that game though. It would be impossible to have this kid lead the team to something that flat.
          Right, but that really was arguably the OL's worst game this season. They were getting beat badly on nearly every play.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

            Right, but that really was arguably the OL's worst game this season. They were getting beat badly on nearly every play.
            They were absolutely stacking the box though. Joe wasn't precise enough short to work around it, and couldn't buy any time to make anything deeper work.

            Drew's improv skills should make a world of difference in getting the Cheaps D in a more honest posture.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hugh Jasole View Post
              Thinking you have a QB's future pegged after 8 quarters of football is a little silly, but it's hard not to get a chub when watching the kid. It's just awesome to see a QB in orange that looks like a legit playmaker and not just a ****ing bandaid.

              That said, if he pulls it off this weekend that might just open up the door of the bandwagon for me.
              Everything this weekend will fall on the offensive line especially from the LT position and protection of the A gap.
              The right side has been a bit of a concern as well.
              Hopefully we will have made some adjustments to improve upon the debacle of the OL on our first meeting.
              Lock will do the rest. We need to employ a lot of quick passes over the flat taking advantage of Lock’s quick release If KC goes man coverage.
              We've got to keep those midrange options open too, use Fant on the deep sideline routes and use Huermann on short post.
              With our tight ends stepping up huge in Texas after they had double teamed Sutton, now our offense has become a headache for some defensive coordinators knowing that shutting down Sutton doesn’t translate into shutting down our offense.
              it should be a fun game to watch if the let Lock go out and do his thing.
              Last edited by strafen; 12-11-2019, 02:26 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                The only question with Flacco is whether he's immediately cut or designated a June 1 cut to open up more cap room in 2020 (with year to year inflation, you save more money overall this way but kick the can into 2021 a bit)
                From what I’ve read, there will be no June 1st cut designation next year since the cba is set to expire.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by orange crusher View Post

                  From what I’ve read, there will be no June 1st cut designation next year since the cba is set to expire.
                  Ah. Makes sense.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                    He still has trouble running, his ankle and knee aren't 100% then he hit his hand on a helmet last week, I saw a report that he was afraid to throw it deep after that. The MRI was negative but muscle tissue damage takes time to heal too.

                    I hope we can pressure him half as much as the Pats did and put him on the ground. Going to need Lock to keep us in this one for sure. I just hope it is something we have to claw for instead of getting up big and watching the lead fade away.
                    Hopefully Lock and some more creative playcalling by Scangarello can help open things up on the ground for Lindsay. He had a tough game last time due to the Flaccid effect, but statistically, KC has the worst run D in the league, so they're definitely beatable on the ground.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

                      They were absolutely stacking the box though. Joe wasn't precise enough short to work around it, and couldn't buy any time to make anything deeper work.

                      Drew's improv skills should make a world of difference in getting the Cheaps D in a more honest posture.
                      Yep, they took the run away and then all out blitzed on 3rd downs. Scabby didn't have the best game plan for that game either. I am hoping Lock makes them pay if they try to blitz him the way they did Flaccid. Once teams realize they can't afford to just take our run game away things will open up again for Lindsay and Royce.

                      I am hoping for something along the lines of how they featured Sutton in the 1st half of the Vikes game, just not taking their foot off the gas this time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

                        Yep, they took the run away and then all out blitzed on 3rd downs. Scabby didn't have the best game plan for that game either. I am hoping Lock makes them pay if they try to blitz him the way they did Flaccid. Once teams realize they can't afford to just take our run game away things will open up again for Lindsay and Royce.

                        I am hoping for something along the lines of how they featured Sutton in the 1st half of the Vikes game, just not taking their foot off the gas this time.
                        Scangs wasn’t the problem in that game.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X