Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

I've mentioned several times that I need at least 8 games to make a determination. Now that being said, Lock is way ahead of the curve on going through reads and making big dick player throws vs check down charlie. He is hanging in the pocket and retreating and throwing at the right times. I expect him to throw WTF INTs with his aggressiveness but overall I'm super excited. He did have some sloppy throws but damn for 2 games we should be excited.
    The best thing is that he has the arm and he has the attitude/charisma, neither of which you can teach. Now it will mostly be about him working hard at getting better and better, and surrounding him with the right talent and coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

One aspect that I really like about Lock and liked watching him do at MIZZOU, is he manipulates the pocket and moves and slides away from pressure while keeping his eyes downfield. His footwork isn't bad in terms of moving around. He does need to continue to improve his mechanics at times though. He's a rookie. He will get better.
      Yeah, it’s clear he has the work ethic to keep getting better for years to come. He’s literally the polar opposite of Cutler when it comes to his mentality. It’s really great to see. Had I known he had these kinds of intangibles I would’ve taken him over Haskins in the OM mock. I got better points there, but now feel like I blew it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

The best thing is that he has the arm and he has the attitude/charisma, neither of which you can teach. Now it will mostly be about him working hard at getting better and better, and surrounding him with the right talent and coaching.
        Yup that is what I'm most excited about. Just like Mahomes showed right away(not saying he is mahomes) he is processing info fast and showing he is way ahead where rookies struggle to improve on. Players are even talking about it. Yeah I was on the fence with Scangs never said fire or keep him but Den totally need to keep him. Even if his play calling is suspect he is good with QBs and Denver doesnt need to get in this new coach every year crap that runs QBs.

Comment

pretty good, but I don't trust it yet. i wanna see us go behind and him have to go full throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Yup that is what I'm most excited about. Just like Mahomes showed right away(not saying he is mahomes) he is processing info fast and showing he is way ahead where rookies struggle to improve on. Players are even talking about it. Yeah I was on the fence with Scangs never said fire or keep him but Den totally need to keep him. Even if his play calling is suspect he is good with QBs and Denver doesnt need to get in this new coach every year crap that runs QBs.
            I just don't want Scangerelio trying to roll back the offense to that crap he was running with Fucco.
            He needs to tailor the offense to Lock. Not the other way around.

Comment

Drew lock saved this franchise. I ain’t slowing down. Jersey already on its way

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                Drew lock saved this franchise. I ain’t slowing down. Jersey already on its way
                Yeah, I already got one. I wanted it in time for last week game cause I went, but not fast enough.
                Orange.

Comment

Not every game will be like this, there will be ups and downs and more boneheaded plays like that interception, but Lock clearly has traits and that's what teams want to see when they're making a commitment to develop a QB. And his big-play ability and mentality will be much needed for a team that will have to compete against Mahomes for many years.Fight fire with fire.

Comment

Pls give him another blue chip receiver and OL, OL and OL.

Comment

• Bout time.

Lock stock and two smoking barrels

Comment

• Anyone that knows what they are looking at or has watched football for 20+ years has seen all they need to see. He belongs in the league, period. How much he can accomplish is dependent on many things. But this kid has the physical talent, the swagger, the leadership, the competitiveness, the love of the game that any team should want.

I am all aboard without an ounce of hesitation. The wait is over. And seeing how quickly it can change and now gel with Sutton, Patrick, Lindsay, Freeman, Risner, Hamilton, Chubb, Simmons is exciting as all hell. I imagine they have to be looking for an impact MLB in addition to oline, if so, watch out.

Comment

• If he cleans up his footwork he is going to be incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
                            Anyone that knows what they are looking at or has watched football for 20+ years has seen all they need to see. He belongs in the league, period. How much he can accomplish is dependent on many things. But this kid has the physical talent, the swagger, the leadership, the competitiveness, the love of the game that any team should want.
                            Yeah, it doesn't seem likely he'll end up not being our quarterback for quite some time based on what we've seen so far. The real questions are more about just how good he may end up being. He just needs to keep working his ass off. If he does, the sky's the limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely he'll end up not being our quarterback for quite some time based on what we've seen so far. The real questions are more about just how good he may end up being. He just needs to keep working his ass off. If he does, the sky's the limit.
                              He seems to just want to win. He seems to have a level head. He wants to make those around him better. I am eating crow on all the oline bashing I've done. That looks like a completely different unit with him in there. We don't have to worry about him crying on the end of the bench, or moping, or simply being physically limited. He seems to live and breathe the game. I'm ready to crown his a$$!

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

I've mentioned several times that I need at least 8 games to make a determination. Now that being said, Lock is way ahead of the curve on going through reads and making big dick player throws vs check down charlie. He is hanging in the pocket and retreating and throwing at the right times. I expect him to throw WTF INTs with his aggressiveness but overall I'm super excited. He did have some sloppy throws but damn for 2 games we should be excited.
                                The minimum he's earned in the last 2 games is being the starter for all of 2020. I didn't want Lock in the draft last year (certainly not at #10, but was okay with the value we got in the 2nd round), but I've been impressed with a lot he's done in the first 2 games. Reads are well ahead of where I thought he'd be, and his pocket presence is something he seems to have a knack for, - hitting his drop, no happy feet, gliding/sliding to give himself space, taking off at the right time. That's probably the thing I'm most impressed with right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X