• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does it say aboutLOCK ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

req runs the draft version 1.0

Tristan Wirfs is unavailable and Dove Valley is in a panic. Elway is four drinks in and the war room phone is covered in sweat, nacho cheese, taco sauce, and Mountain Dew. The following ensues.

Elway trades down from #15 and acquires extra third and fifth-round selections.

Round 1: Laviska Shenault, Jr. - WR, Colorado (From Trade Down)

Offensive weapon added for Drew Lock.

Round 2: Prince Wanogho - OT, Auburn

Addition of a long-term guy beyond Bolles and/or James.

Round 3: Patrick Queen, LB - LSU

Adds speed at the linebacker position, special teams help, future starting aspirations.

Round 3: Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississippi State (From Trade Down)

Boundary corner for Vic's defense. Banged up this year, but has good length and ball skills.

Round 3: Cam Akers, RB - Florida State via Pittsburgh Steelers

This kid can play. Will be a much better pro than he was at FSU. The team was a dumpster fire.

Round 3: Cesar Ruiz, OC - Michigan via San Francisco 49ers

Good on the move and I'd rather draft a young guy than pay McGovern $10M a year.

Round 4: Jauan Jennings, WR - Tennessee

More punch you in the face fun at WR.

Round 4: Nick Coe, DL - Auburn via San Franciso 49ers

Rotational help on ODL.

Round 5: Benito Jones, DL - Ole Miss (From Trade Down)

Rotational help on IDL.

Round 5: John Simpson, OG - Clemson Compensatory pick

Adding help at OG since Leary is a goner.

Round 6: Jeremy Chinn, DS - Southern Illinois via Washington Redskins

Chess piece for the defensive backfield. Impressive MVFC player.

Round 7: SPECIAL TEAMS HELP via New England Patriots
      Round 7: SPECIAL TEAMS HELP
      Round 7: BEST PUNTER YOU CAN FIND BECAUSE COLBY WADMAN IS BAD
      Good draft

I see Jennings is starting to show up. He’ll probly end up going no later than 2nd.

CB I really like Amik Robinson La Tech
      interception machine and loves to tackle. Slot CB. our next Chris Harris

Without a trade down who you got.

Last edited by CEH; 01-19-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• I definitely love the idea of Laviska opposite Sutton (or more likely, all over the place and not just "opposite"). On paper, that's a DC's nightmare.

Comment

• MODS, can we change the title of this draft thread, "lock is the guy" does not work .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            I definitely love the idea of Laviska opposite Sutton (or more likely, all over the place and not just "opposite"). On paper, that's a DC's nightmare.
            Me too laviska is very versatile and a better all round player than Henry ruggs and he has speed too won't be surprised if he runs in low 4.40s. people here are drolling over Henry ruggs because he could be next tyreek hill. Remember the last time we chased tyreek hill type player it was in disastrous 2016 draft ( Carlos, Langley, McKenzie, Henderson)

Comment

• draft thread #13, had a nice run there for awhile, but the draft zombies proved to be too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos786 View Post

Me too laviska is very versatile and a better all round player than Henry ruggs and he has speed too won't be surprised if he runs in low 4.40s. people here are drolling over Henry ruggs because he could be next tyreek hill. Remember the last time we chased tyreek hill type player it was in disastrous 2016 draft ( Carlos, Langley, McKenzie, Henderson)
                L. O. L.
                Ruggs isn't those players and if you can't figure that out, I don't know what to tell you.
                No one is chasing Ruggs at 15. Most will be suprised I'd he's even there at 15.
                Shenault is a great player there though. But your homer is showing.

Comment

• I honestly like Shenault more all-around than Ruggs, but his durability worries me a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                    I honestly like Shenault more all-around than Ruggs, but his durability worries me a bit.
                    If DEN ends up with Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb or Shenault @ 15, its a win.

Comment

• Can Shenault avoid injury enough? Nearly every time I saw CU on TV, he was out with an injury. Not true with Ruggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

What pick did we trade down til and who was on the board? This WR draft reminds me of the one that was supposed to be spectacular a few years ago and the 2nd and 3rd rounders were the better players. Too bad Harris blocked the 2 pt conversion because that loss would have put Denver around 10 I think.
                        Trading down to 20, 21, 22. (Jaguars, Eagles, Bills).

Did it in a scenario where the Top 3 WR ranked by most (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs), as well as Wirfs, Simmons, and Brown were OFF the board.

Epenesa, Delpit, Kinlaw, Fulton, Diggs, Higgins, etc. would have been ON the board.

I think the Top 3 QB, OT, WR all are off the board by the time DEN picks. Also, have Young and Okudah being long gone.

If a few crazy teams move up past 15, who knows what can happen. I just expect all the players in my scenario to be gone.

If I were DEN I think you can move back and still get Shenault or Reagor if they are really looking at adding a WR early.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I like it. I like it a lot. Especially cause you traded down.
                          The Broncos already have a ton of picks, but if they are OTC @ #15 and the grades between their remaining players aren't that different, why not add some more?

Like I've said before, I don't think highly of Fulton or Diggs at #15.

As much as I don't think the Broncos need to go with a 1st Round WR, if they wait until their second-round selection, the top guys will be gone. IDK. Lots of ways for them to do a good job. I just think that draft adds a lot.

Comment

Did it in a scenario where the Top 3 WR ranked by most (Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs), as well as Wirfs, Simmons, and Brown were OFF the board.

Epenesa, Delpit, Kinlaw, Fulton, Diggs, Higgins, etc. would have been ON the board.

I think the Top 3 QB, OT, WR all are off the board by the time DEN picks. Also, have Young and Okudah being long gone.

If a few crazy teams move up past 15, who knows what can happen. I just expect all the players in my scenario to be gone.

If I were DEN I think you can move back and still get Shenault or Reagor if they are really looking at adding a WR early.
                            Trading down is good but that only allows you to control the narrative. Who do you select at #15. Who was available?

Comment

The Broncos already have a ton of picks, but if they are OTC @ #15 and the grades between their remaining players aren't that different, why not add some more?

Like I've said before, I don't think highly of Fulton or Diggs at #15.

As much as I don't think the Broncos need to go with a 1st Round WR, if they wait until their second-round selection, the top guys will be gone. IDK. Lots of ways for them to do a good job. I just think that draft adds a lot.
                              One reason I like the idea of trading back from your scenario Is, then turn around and do what they did last year. Trade right back up into the top of the 2nd and get 2 really good players.
                              If they got Shenault, I would be OK with this move.

Comment

I am on board with that plan. More picks to throw at the many holes and lack of depth on the team. Hit on a bunch and outlook for the team goes through the roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X