Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
    Let's slow it down a little. The NFL has no game film on Lock yet. He showing a lot of promise, but we don't have anything until we see DCs taking his strength away. The Detroit and Oakland game will tell us were we stand.
    Yeah, he’s doing way too many things well as a rookie for me to be inclined towards cautious optimism rather than full blown optimism. Obviously nothing is set in stone.

Comment

Let's slow it down a little. The NFL has no game film on Lock yet. He showing a lot of promise, but we don't have anything until we see DCs taking his strength away. The Detroit and Oakland game will tell us were we stand.
      ME:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	563
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	2533092

Comment

I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of the stats an on field analysis. I will leave that to those far more capable and suited to breaking down NFL film than I ever will be. I just know that for the first time in years, the Denver Broncos are fun to watch on Sunday again. Win or lose next week against KC, if Lock can keep the team this entertaining to watch, I will die on this hill defending him as our QBOTF.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
          I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of the stats an on field analysis. I will leave that to those far more capable and suited to breaking down NFL film than I ever will be. I just know that for the first time in years, the Denver Broncos are fun to watch on Sunday again. Win or lose next week against KC, if Lock can keep the team this entertaining to watch, I will die on this hill defending him as our QBOTF.
          We’re all Lock Homers already... it’s ****ing embarassing

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

A man dying of thirst will find even Bud Light palatable. And Lock just might be a high quality limited barrel run Belgian Quad.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

ME:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	563
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	2533092
              ROFL #metoo!

Comment

That’s normal I guess, but what we’re seeing here is the real deal.
                There are good DC that can game plan to neutralize somebody like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, and guess what, they’ve been able to shut them down, just like we’ve done to Brady, but more often than not, those players will show their mettle.
                To say there’s not enough tape on Lock is a fair assessment, do I think it will make a difference, nope!
                The only thing more effective to shut down a player with Lock’s ability is perhaps a man to man coverage where all our receivers can’t get open, even then, he can still thread the needle.

Lock so far has shown good decision making, a strong arm with a beautiful soft touch when needed, and a quick release on top of his nice pocket presence, nice moves around the pocket and his ability to throw on the run and avoid the sack.
                I see that type of skills to be hard to game plan against.
                If he was one-dimensional , yeah, you can take that single element out, but I see Lock as a very resourceful quarterback that can make things happen in more ways than one.
                Last edited by strafen; 12-08-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post

Being happy and excited about football is so embarrassing. Your avi could not fit more perfectly.

Comment

I've been saying since before the draft that he is the guy. We need to continue to build the offense through the draft and get Lock some protection and speed.

Each win moves us further down in draft order but I'll take the wins and built confidence for the team over a top 5 pick. Jeddrick Willis, Tristan Wirfs, Austin Jackson should all be in the conversation in Rd 1

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Fair. And for that matter, we won't even know then. Look how much worse Mayfield has looked this season, for example. Still, plenty of reason for optimism.
                      That is part coaching, and part Mayfield getting a big head, buying into the hype, and accepting every off season endorsement offer that came his way. The best thing for Lock will be continuity in the offense and coaches, and an agent that tells him to hold off on the out of control "brand building" for a while; he's got plenty of time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Fair. And for that matter, we won't even know then. Look how much worse Mayfield has looked this season, for example. Still, plenty of reason for optimism.
                        Totally true. If you’re interested this is one of the best quarterbacking videos I’ve ever seen. It’s great analysis on Mayfield.

https://youtu.be/dx8nXTjEqhI

It's relevant because it shows just how sound Lock is as a QB already. The things Mayfield struggles with Lock already does well (particularly Locks cleaned up footwork and in particular the depth on his drops).

So far Lock hasn’t seen a lot of base zone (what undid Siemian in the end), the chargers spent the whole game last week in cover one trying to take the run away. It was hard to tell what Houston threw out there from TV.. but it was definitely quite a bit of man. I suspect next week we’re going to see a defense that respects Locks arm quite a bit more... it’ll be fun to see how he responds.

Comment

Guys who start out hot in their first few starts usually turn into good QBs, especially when they have the kind of talent Lock has. Nothing’s guaranteed, but I think it’s relatively safe to be optimistic at this point.

Comment

I've mentioned several times that I need at least 8 games to make a determination. Now that being said, Lock is way ahead of the curve on going through reads and making big dick player throws vs check down charlie. He is hanging in the pocket and retreating and throwing at the right times. I expect him to throw WTF INTs with his aggressiveness but overall I'm super excited. He did have some sloppy throws but damn for 2 games we should be excited.

Comment

I wasn't not over the moon about him pre playing last wek but he has terendously exceeded my expectations. I don't expect two steps forward every game there will be some growing pains. Need to see more for sure to get a real sample size (chargers taking the run away, Jacksons crip notes on the Houston D).

The the one really really different thing is the team is playing loose and fun.

Lock may may have saved Von Miller from the trade block for picks.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

I've mentioned several times that I need at least 8 games to make a determination. Now that being said, Lock is way ahead of the curve on going through reads and making big dick player throws vs check down charlie. He is hanging in the pocket and retreating and throwing at the right times. I expect him to throw WTF INTs with his aggressiveness but overall I'm super excited. He did have some sloppy throws but damn for 2 games we should be excited.
                                One aspect that I really like about Lock and liked watching him do at MIZZOU, is he manipulates the pocket and moves and slides away from pressure while keeping his eyes downfield. His footwork isn't bad in terms of moving around. He does need to continue to improve his mechanics at times though. He's a rookie. He will get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X