Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Right, you liked Will Grier more lol.
    I did. That certainly hasn't panned out....the point is....I never said I thought Lock would be a good NFL QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Uh.....no I didn't.....this board is full of my pre draft Drew Lock opinions....I loved him because he was my schools college QB and he's a KC kid...I NEVER posted anywhere that I thought he'd be a good pro....quite the opposite.
      Yes you did Gary. You raved about him.
      Only when it was known to you that Lock was legitimately on Elways radar did you begin to talk down on him.

Comment

Right, but you have to understand that Chief fans have a well-deserved inferiority complex, and even if they have the better QB, the thought that the Broncos might have a good one scares them profoundly. Hell, we won a title with a broke down old man who led the league in interceptions, while they haven’t even sniffed a title in 50 years no matter who their QB is. They’re probably right to be afraid.
        That may apply to some Chiefs fans...but again...I can point to several posts I've made here where I specifically don't want Denver to suck like Cleveland or Cincy...but to be 9-7, 10-6 every year and have some degree of postseason hope, only to have it crushed year after year....much worse than just sucking. if Lock is THAT kind of QB....good enough to get you there, but never advance much at all....too good to cut, not good enough to be a champion...THAT would be great. You need that pain in your life. Consistant 5-11 just gets numb and boring....annual crushed dreams is on a much higher level. (yes, I know what I am talking about due to experience)

Comment

That may apply to some Chiefs fans...but again...I can point to several posts I've made here where I specifically don't want Denver to suck like Cleveland or Cincy...but to be 9-7, 10-6 every year and have some degree of postseason hope, only to have it crushed year after year....much worse than just sucking. if Lock is THAT kind of QB....good enough to get you there, but never advance much at all....too good to cut, not good enough to be a champion...THAT would be great. You need that pain in your life. Consistant 5-11 just gets numb and boring....annual crushed dreams is on a much higher level. (yes, I know what I am talking about due to experience)
          Right, which is just a variant of what I’m talking about. You are hoping we get our own Alex Smith basically.

Comment

Right, which is just a variant of what I’m talking about. You are hoping we get our own Alex Smith basically.
            yeah...that would be pretty good....Smith is a little better than I'd hope you'd get....he could rise up and win a division here and there....I'd like to hope Denver never does, but realistically you will....it's not lost on me KC won the division in 97 and you were a 12-4 wild card that beat us in KC on your way to super bowl.....Elway and Denver had some losing seasons along the way...injuries happen, things happen....but overall...yeah, if you get Alex Smith type post season outcomes from Lock.....that would be incredible.

Other than **** talking though....nothing to do until next season when we get to see what Lock is after about 10 games into the season in 2020. By then we should be pretty close to having a handle on what you have.

Comment

yeah...that would be pretty good....Smith is a little better than I'd hope you'd get....he could rise up and win a division here and there....I'd like to hope Denver never does, but realistically you will....it's not lost on me KC won the division in 97 and you were a 12-4 wild card that beat us in KC on your way to super bowl.....Elway and Denver had some losing seasons along the way...injuries happen, things happen....but overall...yeah, if you get Alex Smith type post season outcomes from Lock.....that would be incredible.

Other than **** talking though....nothing to do until next season when we get to see what Lock is after about 10 games into the season in 2020. By then we should be pretty close to having a handle on what you have.
              Oh, not more of this "first 16 games predicts a QB's career" nonsense. Rofl...

Comment

Oh, not more of this "first 16 games predicts a QB's career" nonsense. Rofl...
                Yeah...more of that....I think there is something to it way more often than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                  One thing I find interesting: Legwold continues to speak about Lock differently from other broncos media members. After the Lions game, where Lock was 25-33, his blurb about the broncos centered around Lock's "inaccuracy" and "inconsistency"

And today, this (in a piece about NFL questions for 2020):

Figure out the full answer at quarterback. Broncos boss John Elway said the day after the season it would be "unrealistic'' to say Drew Lock isn't the starting quarterback in 2020. But Denver has nothing but questions about the developing Lock, who has just five starts under his belt. Joe Flacco doesn't yet know if he will need surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck, and his contract includes cap figures of at least $23.65 million in each of the next two years. The Broncos may have to address quarterback depth both in free agency and the draft. -- Jeff Legwold

He's not the type to ever have an opinion, so I'm wondering where this spin is coming from.
                  Wow. I normally like Legwold, but it's almost like he was hibernating through the last month of the season if that's what he thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Yes you did Gary. You raved about him.
                    Only when it was known to you that Lock was legitimately on Elways radar did you begin to talk down on him.
                    Dude.....Find ONE post here where I said anything remotely close to Lock being a good NFL QB...I have ALWAYS said I didn't think he'd be good in the NFL...it's all over this forum. I can probably find 10 separate posts of me saying so way out ahead of the draft....there are posts of me HOPING YOU GOT LOCK for this very reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Wow. I normally like Legwold, but it's almost like he was hibernating through the last month of the season if that's what he thinks.
                      I mean I don't have a problem with not being totally sold on Lock after five games. It's kind of crazy to think you know what a QB is after a mere five starts. The issue with Legwold is he seems to be seeing things that aren't there. Lock certainly wasn't inaccurate or inconsistent by rookie QB standards, I'll say that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Stop Gary. You loved Lock when there was little to no chance he was getting drafted by DEN and now like all your WRONG predictions your just grasping at straws again.
                        Whats kinda sad is your not even good at this.
                        Your just not good at sewing discord and creating an insecure atmosphere.
                        You’d think a queefs fan would be an expert in those areas but amazingly, your not.
                        Gary loved Mason Rudolph too, so....yeah. ;-) His QB evaluation isn't as good as he thinks it is.

Comment

So, basically like the Chefs ;-D

Comment

Gary loved Mason Rudolph too, so....yeah. ;-) His QB evaluation isn't as good as he thinks it is.
                            I don't like to rag on people for their player predictions since pretty much no one is that good at it if they do it enough, but Rudolph and Grier were pretty easy to identify as backup-level talents once you watched the tape. I initially liked Grier off his highlights, but once I really started looking at his game film it became really obvious he couldn't read defenses and didn't have high level arm talent, which made his NFL projection look iffy. Rudolph was similar, but I didn't even like his highlights.

Comment

So, basically like the Chefs ;-D
                              He's not really hiding that that's what he wants. He wants us to go through the NFL purgatory the Chiefs have known for so long.

Comment

I mean I don't have a problem with not being totally sold on Lock after five games. It's kind of crazy to think you know what a QB is after a mere five starts. The issue with Legwold is he seems to be seeing things that aren't there. Lock certainly wasn't inaccurate or inconsistent by rookie QB standards, I'll say that much.
                                You have to take into account the situation he was put in. Bad O-line, no good receivers other than Sutton after Sanders got traded away midseason, 1st season conservative offensive coordinator still learning on the job, coming off an injury and missing lots of practice time, etc. And still he showed far more than Flacco or Allen ever did this season. His arrow is definitely pointing up. I can get saying we need to look at a #2 later in the draft or a lower-tier FA to replace Allen, but saying we need to address QB in the draft AND FA is just crazy. If anyone else besides Lock is #1 going into next season, then Elway's totally lost his marbles.

Comment

Working...
                                X