Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    The Broncos should put all of their resources into him only for the time being. There should be no plans to bring Flacco back, draft a high round QB, or trade for or sign a starting caliber QB this offseason. Don't screw around and put anything in front of Lock. No more QB competitions. Just make him the guy for at least next year. If he lights it up, then they've got their QB of the future. If he sucks, well back to the draft.
    Exactly. I think they will too. Elway has actually drafted better and made better decisions of late outside of Falccid trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
      The Broncos should put all of their resources into him only for the time being. There should be no plans to bring Flacco back, draft a high round QB, or trade for or sign a starting caliber QB this offseason. Don't screw around and put anything in front of Lock. No more QB competitions. Just make him the guy for at least next year. If he lights it up, then they've got their QB of the future. If he sucks, well back to the draft.
      It will be Lock & Allen, you can bank on it; and MAYBE a vet back up, but I doubt it. If they think there is a clear upgrade to Allen & Rypien in the draft, then they can draft one in 3rd round or later.

Comment

Comment

Let's slow it down a little. The NFL has no game film on Lock yet. He showing a lot of promise, but we don't have anything until we see DCs taking his strength away. The Detroit and Oakland game will tell us were we stand.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
              Let's slow it down a little. The NFL has no game film on Lock yet. He showing a lot of promise, but we don't have anything until we see DCs taking his strength away. The Detroit and Oakland game will tell us were we stand.
              Fair. And for that matter, we won't even know then. Look how much worse Mayfield has looked this season, for example. Still, plenty of reason for optimism.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Kareem Jackson is the best FA we've had in some while, and is worth every penny he is paid. I'm glad he is on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                    Allen is a fine backup.
                    Yeah. I have no problem with Lock and Allen next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                      Allen is a fine backup.
                      Yes, I agree. I'm perfectly fine with going with Lock & Allen next year.

Comment

I can't argue that you're wrong but I'll point out that there is a ton from college, a fair amount from the preseason, and definitely last week. Defenses will definitely adjust but I think on this particular issue we can be more optimistic since his best throws haven't been pure luck like Allen (or Tebow's limited rookie season for that matter).

Comment

I think it’s about physical tools and attitude right now. I’d like to see him have a bomb as stinker of a game next and see how he reacts/ bounces back the next week. I think that situation will tell you a lot more about Lock than a game like we had against Texans today..

but yeah, we see it every year a rook looks like the next coming... then they get dinged up, filmed on, distracted...

not or saying he will, but yeah it’s best to temper expectations appropriately... but we can still be excited about the possibilities, and they look pretty damn amazing...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Kareem Jackson is the best FA we've had in some while, and is worth every penny he is paid. I'm glad he is on the team.
                              He’s been on par with the Talib/ Ward additions... and I didn’t think that would be the case. Glad i was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

That first tweet is as right as my jerk hand....

Comment

Working...
                                X