Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lock is the guy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post

    He didn't hold on to the ball too long on that play and considering what he walked into today, he looked pretty good. If his receivers didn't drop so many balls, it would have been another 300 yard game
    He had around 6 plays that were genuinely bad, including the pick (the pick that was cancelled out was whatever, since it was on 4th down and he was under pressure). He had quite a few good throws on the other hand. When your running game manages around 50 yards, your OL lets you get pressured/hit on roughly half your dropbacks, and your receivers drop 6+ passes, you're probably going to have a bad game as a QB, rookie or not.

    Comment


    • Considering it was a snow game and he was on the ground after half his throws because of pressure, I think its hard to be critical of him. The Interception may have simply slipped out of his hand (I guess that may be where having small hands comes in to play). First priority this offseason is to fix the OL. Get a LT, and make Bolles the backup RT for when James gets hurt.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

        He had around 6 plays that were genuinely bad, including the pick (the pick that was cancelled out was whatever, since it was on 4th down and he was under pressure). He had quite a few good throws on the other hand. When your running game manages around 50 yards, your OL lets you get pressured/hit on roughly half your dropbacks, and your receivers drop 6+ passes, you're probably going to have a bad game as a QB, rookie or not.
        Combine that with running very predictable run/pass vs down and distance. That would be my biggest complaint with Scangs is running and passing when the D suspected it.

        Comment


        • Got to watch the game this morning and I am impressed. I was expecting a complete disaster having seen the score and instead Lock was the best player on the field coupled with an O-line that couldn't block, receivers that couldn't catch, and a running game that couldn't move the ball. He made a lot of great throws. The interceptions don't matter much at all - young QB trying to spearhead a 3 score comeback. He stayed aggressive and at least went for it and is the first QB we've had in 4 years who has the agreeable habit of throwing the ball beyond the first down marker on 3rd and long.

          All that matters is that we've found a QB, everything else flows from that.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kappys View Post
            Got to watch the game this morning and I am impressed. I was expecting a complete disaster having seen the score and instead Lock was the best player on the field coupled with an O-line that couldn't block, receivers that couldn't catch, and a running game that couldn't move the ball. He made a lot of great throws. The interceptions don't matter much at all - young QB trying to spearhead a 3 score comeback. He stayed aggressive and at least went for it and is the first QB we've had in 4 years who has the agreeable habit of throwing the ball beyond the first down marker on 3rd and long.

            All that matters is that we've found a QB, everything else flows from that.
            The only thing that really bothered me about the interception was that it was 1st down. Throw it away and live for another down.

            Comment


            • Maybe projecting my hopes on him, but even as the game quickly felt out of hand, Lock's composure and attitude seemed like exactly what you'd want. He took his licks and the only time he really looked mad was at himself. Yes, that interception was a throw even a rookie should know not to make—the second I saw him point to a guy that direction and plant his feet to launch across his body that way I groaned.

              But if Sutton makes that catch and a couple other guys don't have even worse drops, his statline better reflects his performance. Which is to say not very good, but a passing C+ grade performance given the curve of 1st snow game, 1st arrowhead game, 3rd game ever, worst o-line performance since he's started.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

                The only thing that really bothered me about the interception was that it was 1st down. Throw it away and live for another down.
                Wasn't a good decision but down 3 scores at the end of the third its a choice I can live with. He didn't get enough on it, probably because of the pressure and the weather but if he had might have gotten Fant in the corner of the EZ.

                Big difference in making that throw in desperation mode compared with making it early in the game.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                  Maybe projecting my hopes on him, but even as the game quickly felt out of hand, Lock's composure and attitude seemed like exactly what you'd want. He took his licks and the only time he really looked mad was at himself. Yes, that interception was a throw even a rookie should know not to make—the second I saw him point to a guy that direction and plant his feet to launch across his body that way I groaned.

                  But if Sutton makes that catch and a couple other guys don't have even worse drops, his statline better reflects his performance. Which is to say not very good, but a passing C+ grade performance given the curve of 1st snow game, 1st arrowhead game, 3rd game ever, worst o-line performance since he's started.
                  The Int shouldn’t bother you either. You can clearly see Lock is basically making $h!t up on the fly down 3 scores.
                  This team is devoid of talent. Especially on the O line. It’s really bad.
                  Schlereth and Evans are basically parroting what your saying.
                  Theres just no way in hell Lock is going to magically turn this turd of a team around in the snow, in Camarohead, 3rd start ever with this putrid O line and the really bad defense.

                  Also they get a boat load of texts on their show and they are saying 90% of the texts are of the same opinion.

                  Baker has had games like this. Darnold has had games like this. It’s just part of being a rookie on a bad team.

                  Comment


                  • Can't say I was surprised. I expected this O-line to get eaten alive. Nothing will change until that is addressed.

                    Comment


                    • 40 throws is an indictment of the team in these conditions and with that protection.

                      Lindsey got a serviceable 4.6 per. How many attempts? Seven.

                      Almost like it didn't occur to Scang that the weather would be an issue.

                      Comment


                      • pass happy production is exactly what we got ona day that demanded even the dumbest show respect for the weather.
                        run the ball to win; we did not.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                          40 throws is an indictment of the team in these conditions and with that protection.

                          Lindsey got a serviceable 4.6 per. How many attempts? Seven.

                          Almost like it didn't occur to Scang that the weather would be an issue.
                          You should be throwing in snow. KC got it. It is tough to line up and run the ball on first down when the D is expecting it. Denvers pass numbers are skewed a bit when they were all pass in the second half but they needed to be throwing more and farther down the field on 1st and 2nd down.

                          Comment


                          • Disgusting part is we held Lock out all this time in the name of protecting him. Puts out a couple good games. Then we decide to throw him on the rocks at Arrowhead with zero commitment to the run in terrible passing conditions. Took the beating of his life.

                            Thanks for 'playing it safe' with him all year just to have him physically dismantled for no particular reason.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jacob2125 View Post

                              So a rookie needs more than 5 games to decide his career? Hot take, Joe Rowles .
                              I don’t think he’s saying it in a bad way. He for better or for worse, seems to be skeptical about him, which is fine, it’s not up to him to decide anything.
                              I personally think Lock is a raw product with a great talent and a set of skills that make him a special player I believe will turn him into a great quarterback.
                              He’s got everything to be successful and we’ll see it in these last two games of the season.
                              That will give us an idea going into the off season, what we need to do to build an offense to compliment him well.
                              I’m ok with his performance yesterday, he’s not a one-man team and given how bad the weather was, it affected both teams to the point KC only scored 23 points, albeit having the better offense and players on both sides of the ball.
                              We will be fine...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

                                You should be throwing in snow. KC got it. It is tough to line up and run the ball on first down when the D is expecting it. Denvers pass numbers are skewed a bit when they were all pass in the second half but they needed to be throwing more and farther down the field on 1st and 2nd down.
                                Did you read the part about our most dynamic back getting 7 carries?

                                And it's not like he was getting stonewalled. We did nothing to run the ball or slow that game down from the very beginning.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X