Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

L. O. L.
    Thats not what I’m saying. The fade away throws are fine. He’s drawing in the defenders, while buying time and allowing the route to develop. If he doesn’t do that those plays never happen.
    I get the throwing off your back foot constantly complaint. But that’s no applicable to the fade away throws. He has the arm to make these plays. Mahomes and Rogers do it every game.
    Exactly, it's a necessity to be able to back up from that pressure and allow the route to develop. The throw to I think Beck is a perfect example. The first throw of the HOU game to Fant showed him standing in there and taking the hit. The kids has an obvious feel for the game. I haven't seen him look like Allen for example, with the antsy, panicky feet. That is something total different.

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post

Exactly, it's a necessity to be able to back up from that pressure and allow the route to develop. The throw to I think Beck is a perfect example. The first throw of the HOU game to Fant showed him standing in there and taking the hit. The kids has an obvious feel for the game. I haven't seen him look like Allen for example, with the antsy, panicky feet. That is something total different.

I agree that Lock does appear to have the foundational ability to feel the pocket. It needs to be refined and developed because there are still instances where he drifts in the pocket when he should be standing tall. That is why it is so essential for the front office to invest heavily in the Offensive line during his next few years of development. He needs to be able to trust that he can step up in the pocket and have solid room to throw. We fail to address the O-line and there is a good chance he will develop bad habits and start feeling ghost rushers.

I think I got over-excited by the early returns on Lock, both from just pure results and from how much better his mechanics looked than his pre-season sampling. Removing the hype goggles shows me that he still has a lot of work to do and It may well be the 2021 Season before he completely puts it all together. But, at the very least, we should go into this Off-season with Bronco's QB position offering excitement, relief and anticipation for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

L. O. L.
        Thats not what I’m saying. The fade away throws are fine. He’s drawing in the defenders, while buying time and allowing the route to develop. If he doesn’t do that those plays never happen.
        I get the throwing off your back foot constantly complaint. But that’s no applicable to the fade away throws. He has the arm to make these plays. Mahomes and Rogers do it every game.
        Not saying don't ever do it. Just don't do it when you don't have to. The fade away is a natural tendency for him so every now and then in college you'd see him fade from a clean pocket which made the throws more difficult than they needed to be. When his footwork is clean, he's accurate.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

I agree. I think some of the gripes over mechanics are people just trying to seem like they know what they're talking about. "Proper" mechanics would have resulted in worse outcomes on a handful of plays he made, ethic by way of getting sacked or having the get tipped.
            This is a good take. There is a big difference between proper mechanics in a vacuum and situational mechanics.

Sure Drew needs to keep improving his footwork, but a lot of those throws were were made from exactly where they needed to be made from based on the situation, not a perfect pocket, etc.

I think what JT whiffs on is the fact that, mechanics aside, there were very few throws where the ball wasn't placed in a great spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Lock seems to be really good at making adjustments. Can't wait to see him next year with a full off-season and added weapons.

Comment

• You guys like Robbie Anderson opposite Sutton??

super fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

We ****in'....

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                    Right off the bat, O'Sullivan says something really stupid in that video. On the first play he analyzes, Lock threw the ball inside away from the corner, and therefore the corner didn't have a shot at it. Beyond that I think he had fair criticisms, but I also think it's coming from a guy who lacked the physical talent to succeed without perfect mechanics. Lock doesn't have that limitation. Certainly Lock needs to clean up a lot of stuff to be great, and not just another Cutler or maybe Stafford (two guys guilty of complacency due to arm talent).
                    This vid had all kinds of retarded in it “I don’t know why he’s backing away this is blocked up” as a free runner is coming for him lol. Also it was the best throw of the game too.

Comment

• If Lock Wants to be the guy he has to get use to playing Mahomie at Camarohead

no time like the present

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        If Lock Wants to be the guy he has to get use to beating Mahomie at Camarohead

no time like the present
                        FYP

Comment

You guys like Robbie Anderson opposite Sutton??

super fast
                          Nope. Draft a WR. This draft is deep with all kinds. Hell, double up on them.

Comment

You guys like Robbie Anderson opposite Sutton??

super fast
                            He is the type of WR that would help this offense. It depends on the cost, but unlike a draftee/rookie we know he can play in NFL.

Comment

• Sorry , adding Anderson if hes a mid-level FA but also drafting from this stud WR class for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

FYP
                                3-17 in Dec at Arrowhead. Tough to do even for Elway

Comment

Working...
                                X