Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I really hope they look for a proper feature back as well. I love Lindsay, but he should not be the main guy in our running game.
    Lindsay and Freeman will be fine if they improve at LT and add a WR. Lock will open up the defense and allow the backs more running room.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I don't think anyone said that honestly. Flacco was the bridge and it made sense but, he stunk, badly. Had Lock not gotten hurt, Allen would never of even been a Bronco, yet alone gotten 3 starts.

Lock was always the QBoF Hopeful.
      Lmao. You said it. You defended not playing Lock even to the point of him not even seeing the field this entire year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        And now Elway and Co will trumpet that BS line about him not being ready before. He was ready, they didn't want to play him cause Elway thinks rookie QB's need to sit.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	301
Size:	565.8 KB
ID:	2533479

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

And now Elway and Co will trumpet that BS line about him not being ready before. He was ready, they didn't want to play him cause Elway thinks rookie QB's need to sit.
            He sat behind Steve Deberg. Therefore sitting is the only way.

But I don't fault him too much for wanting to kick off the season with a vet. It's the way he handled the rookie in the process that was the problem. Developing Lock was priority #1. And we treated it like an afterthought for most of the season.

Comment

He had some quote about how putting a guy out too early and it going poorly can ruin a QB. Maybe carry over from Paxton experience, but he wasn't going to succeed however long they sat him. Peyton Manning still holds the rookie INT record! Rebounded okay from that scarring experience. Talented and confident QBs (and Lock does not lack for confidence) will take those knocks rookie year and move on. At least it's past now, and hopefully won't have to watch them stumble through how to transition in a new QB for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

But I don't fault him too much for wanting to kick off the season with a vet. It's the way he handled the rookie in the process that was the problem. Developing Lock was priority #1. And we treated it like an afterthought for most of the season.
                He was doing a lot of work while on IR, and it clearly paid off.

Comment

Things have changed since Elway’s era.
                  Kids these days are super smart and there’s better technology around them now, than there was then, so the tools for learning and developing players are top of the shelf right now.
                  They no longer need to sit and learn, they can now learn as they play as the mental part of the game is not as tough to learn, as it is to be physically able to play the game and develop their skills and talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post

Kids these days are super smart and there’s better technology around them now, than there was then, so the tools for learning and developing players are top of the shelf right now.
                    They no longer need to sit and learn, they can now learn as they play as the mental part of the game is not as tough to learn, as it is to be physically able to play the game and develop their skills and talents.
                    The game is more complex and complicated than ever, how is that easier to learn?

Comment

Will y'all still be crying about this 3 years from now? My goodness, can we let it go already?!?

Comment

Yes I agree, but it was collaborative between Elway & Fangio. Fangio wanted a vet as much as Elway, and both of them way overestimated Flacco’s impact.
                        However, what rookie coach wants to go into his first season with a rookie QB, a crappy OL, and really only Lindsay & Sanders as any real talent, as Sutton’s rise was an unknown at that time. Not to mention, Fangio knew he had to teach a new defensive scheme, and completely revamp the secondary. But no matter, it’s Lock Time now, and they can use the remaining season figuring out the young guys, and what will be the priorities for next offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post

Back then CBs could ride piggy back on WRs as they ran their routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Will y'all still be crying about this 3 years from now? My goodness, can we let it go already?!?
                            Fucco
                            Keesum
                            Sanchez
                            Siemian
                            Paxil
                            Allen
                            Osweiller

Just a reminder of the fustercluck Elway created.

OK. I’ll let it go now.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Fucco
                              Keesum
                              Sanchez
                              Siemian
                              Paxil
                              Allen
                              Osweiller

Just a reminder of the fustercluck Elway created.

OK. I’ll let it go now.
                              That goes for every team though. Some more than others, but this is nothing new for NFL clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

That goes for every team though. Some more than others, but this is nothing new for NFL clubs.
                                I expected more from a HOF QB.
                                Just sayin.

I get it. Who cares. Elway drafted the guy I wanted all along and we F***in, again!!

Comment

Working...
                                X