Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post

Oh cmon already. That's so overrated. What about that endzone laser he threw to Fant. The CB was glued to Fant, it was just a perfect pass. You're trying to tell us game film would have led to the Texans having even better coverage on that play? You couldn't cover it any better than they did. And don't forget, there's tape on the defenses too. So teams looking at tape on Lock is fine, because Lock will be looking at tape of the defense as well. It goes both ways dude. There's countless hours of game tape on many QB's and yet we still see many of them putting up huge numbers every week. That's why it's important for a QB to have many good attributes (read defenses, look off your targets, arm strength, touch, accuracy, scramble, throw on the run, etc). When the good QB's have all of that going for them, it's very difficult to defend. I'm not trying to paint the picture that's always full of roses. He'll have bad games, it just happens. But no way am I going to say the only reason Lock was money today was because nobody has much tape on him. BS
    Exactly. The guy passes the eye test. Confident, poised in the pocket. Mobile. Making good decisions. Rocket throws, touch throws, deep throws, crisp passes on time to the out routes. We've seen it all already. Guy belongs in the league, period. How good he can be of course remains to be seen but there should be no doubts that this is the guy for the next 3 years at least. There of course will be bad games but that comes with the territory. The search is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Lynch was a debacle. He was a first round pick that could never beat out a 7th round journey-man and now can't even stick on an NFL roster 4 seasons later. Bolles is a disappointment. He is an inconsistent, but average starting left Tackle that plays with heart but not much intelligence. While we can look in hindsight and see there were far better options on the board in both 2016 and 2017 in the first round, equating the epic failure of Lynch to the underwhelming outcome of Bolles is disingenuous.
      Bolles was a first rounder along with Lynch. Imo, a first rounder should at the very least be considered a pro bowler by year three. If they are not even on that radar by year three, that is a disappointment.

We, after year three are sort of thinking he will probably be cut. Could be wrong, but I really cannot take another penalty from him costing this team a productive play.

As of now, Bolles is a bust, not a disappointment. Bradley Roby, is an example of a disappointment. Was never pro bowl worthy but he did produce at an average to decent level. That is disappointing cause he was a first rounder.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by OABB View Post

Siemian was a Munson loser and everyone with two eyes could see it. It was an amazing game by him and I ate a lot of crow willingly because I was surprised such a gutless turd could look like an NFL qb. But, it was an anomaly and once again it turned out I was right after all (the one time I ate crow and I still was right lol)

lock is a winner. He is tebowesque in his ball juice but actually can throw the ball. so the comparison to siemian is not a good one.
          if lock doesn’t shrink in big games like manning he will already be the second best QB we’ve ever had based on skill set and leadership and attitude.
          Hey I'm a believer in Lock - I said as much - I wasn't really comparing them in terms of anything other than the stat line, which is often the worst thing to compare in QBs. But its still early days. All the signs are good but you have to be successful in more than 2 games before you can say you've arrived.

But he's played with authority. He seems to know the playbook better than anyone we've had under center since Manning, and he clearly has arm talent. I'm excited, but let's see what happens.

The early returns on Siemien were a pleasant surprise on a 7th rounder who was never supposed to see the field - it was only down the stretch that he was a big disappointment. It was disheartening but not a major surprise he faded down the stretch but with Lock it will be if he does, and I don't think Siemien's best games generated anything like the enthusiasm and excitement Locks have.

You know which play sold me? It wasn't this week, it was a 3rd and 2 last week. He dropped back to pass and there was nothing there, so he started scrambling. I assumed he was going to try and run it as it was only 2 yards, but no, he scrambled to buy time, then converted with a pass over the middle. 9 out of 10 rookie QBs try to run it in that situation. That told me a) he's calm and patient under pressure, b) he knows the playbook, is able to go through progressions, c) has good pocket awareness, and c) is not afraid to improvise - all outstanding indicators.

The swagger isn't in the way he carries himself - its in the way he plays.....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
              Insane that there were people in here saying Flacco and Allen were the better choice.

Allen? Gtfo with that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Insane that there were people in here saying Flacco and Allen were the better choice.

Kind of like the same guys who said LJ was a receiver and couldn't hold up to the NFL punishment.

I didn't think Allen was the better option, just that he deserved the same consideration as everyone else. With that said, Lock sure does look to have a little luck on his side so far. Some of his passes weren't very accurate yet turned into big plays. FWIW, I think he has a bright future with the Broncos.

Go Elway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Bolles was a first rounder along with Lynch. Imo, a first rounder should at the very least be considered a pro bowler by year three. If they are not even on that radar by year three, that is a disappointment.

We, after year three are sort of thinking he will probably be cut. Could be wrong, but I really cannot take another penalty from him costing this team a productive play.

As of now, Bolles is a bust, not a disappointment. Bradley Roby, is an example of a disappointment. Was never pro bowl worthy but he did produce at an average to decent level. That is disappointing cause he was a first rounder.

Bolles will not be cut. Despite 1 to 2 boneheaded decisions a game, he produces at least league average and occasional above league average play at the left tackle position. Now, if better options become available, I could see them kicking him into guard for his fourth season. I actually think Roby is a fair comparison in terms of outcomes. I liked Roby, but he too could make some bone-headed decisions when going for picks or strips and just flat out missing tackles as a result. He could also be caught guessing on routes and got burnt more than once when we moved him to the outside.

So, I maintain that Bolles is not a bust. When you start every game from day one at your drafted position for the first 3 seasons of your NFL career and provide at least average production, you have taken yourself out of bust territory, even if you were a first round selection. And while Bolles has disappointed, I still think the majority of hate he sees on this board is a result of him not being Ryan Ramczyk.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Bolles will not be cut. Despite 1 to 2 boneheaded decisions a game, he produces at least league average and occasional above league average play at the left tackle position. Now, if better options become available, I could see them kicking him into guard for his fourth season. I actually think Roby is a fair comparison in terms of outcomes. I liked Roby, but he too could make some bone-headed decisions when going for picks or strips and just flat out missing tackles as a result. He could also be caught guessing on routes and got burnt more than once when we moved him to the outside.

So, I maintain that Bolles is not a bust. When you start every game from day one at your drafted position for the first 3 seasons of your NFL career and provide at least average production, you have taken yourself out of bust territory, even if you were a first round selection. And while Bolles has disappointed, I still think the majority of hate he sees on this board is a result of him not being Ryan Ramczyk.
                    Hes by far the biggest penalty maker in the league. Other OL not even close. He’s actually taking points off the board multiple times. You cannot have that for a 1st rounder who’s old already. He may not be cut after this year, but IMO he won’t be optioned the 5th year and contract is up after 2020. They will draft an LT high, or bring in a FA LT.

Bolles is not the long term answer and they will make it a priority to replace him this offseason, likely making 2020 his last year here.

Comment

“Let’s develop Allen.” L. O. L.

Comment

Hes by far the biggest penalty maker in the league. Other OL not even close. He’s actually taking points off the board multiple times. You cannot have that for a 1st rounder who’s old already. He may not be cut after this year, but IMO he won’t be optioned the 5th year and contract is up after 2020. They will draft an LT high, or bring in a FA LT.

Bolles is not the long term answer and they will make it a priority to replace him this offseason, likely making 2020 his last year here.
                        Buy or draft the O line. Move Bolles to G. Put him next to Risner. Last chance.
                        Go get Trent Williams. Or draft USC OT Austin Jackson at DEN’s pick in the 1st.
                        Theres numerous FA G’s this year. Sherff. Glasgow, who’s playing C well after Ragnow went down in DET is a G.
                        Theres a bunch of guys out there to rebuild the o line in one offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

“Let’s develop Allen.” L. O. L.
                          hahahahaha. so stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

hahahahaha. so stupid.
                            Lock’d in, baby. Let’s roll.

Comment

I don't think anyone said that honestly. Flacco was the bridge and it made sense but, he stunk, badly. Had Lock not gotten hurt, Allen would never of even been a Bronco, yet alone gotten 3 starts.

Lock was always the QBoF Hopeful.

Comment

• Every lock play. The fant TD and the Patrick pass down the sideline are 2 plays that show just how much talent Lock has. That pass to Patrick was so awesome, and the TD to Fant , I think the defender probably heard the ball whipping past his ear.

Comment

Working...
                                X