Lock is the guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    Some folks here need to infuse a little joy into their football viewing experience. It's okay to get excited and lose yourself a little bit. And not feel "embarrassed" for the people who do, what a joke of a comment that was.
    This place has been such an appalling QB desert since 2015 (or perhaps even arguably since 2013!) that I think we're all entitled to enjoy some excitement for a change. The fact that we're even in the position of having to temper expectations is a massive step forward......

But yes, there will be struggles, and we have to be ready for them. Exhibit A: Trevor Siemien's 3rd start in 2016 against Cincinatti - 312 yards, 4 TDs 132.1 QB rating. Very similar, so clearly one good game does not make for the second coming. Yet Siemien did not have Lock's arm, his draft pedigree or his starting experience in college either (and despite the difference between college and the pros, 4 years as a college starter is still one of the more reliable indicators of success in the pros).

So too early to judge, but I agree its OK to get excited untill we're proved otherwise.....

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisp View Post

This place has been such an appalling QB desert since 2015 (or perhaps even arguably since 2013!) that I think we're all entitled to enjoy some excitement for a change. The fact that we're even in the position of having to temper expectations is a massive step forward......

But yes, there will be struggles, and we have to be ready for them. Exhibit A: Trevor Siemien's 3rd start in 2016 against Cincinatti - 312 yards, 4 TDs 132.1 QB rating. Very similar, so clearly one good game does not make for the second coming. Yet Siemien did not have Lock's arm, his draft pedigree or his starting experience in college either (and despite the difference between college and the pros, 4 years as a college starter is still one of the more reliable indicators of success in the pros).

So too early to judge, but I agree its OK to get excited untill we're proved otherwise.....
      Siemian was a Munson loser and everyone with two eyes could see it. It was an amazing game by him and I ate a lot of crow willingly because I was surprised such a gutless turd could look like an NFL qb. But, it was an anomaly and once again it turned out I was right after all (the one time I ate crow and I still was right lol)

lock is a winner. He is tebowesque in his ball juice but actually can throw the ball. so the comparison to siemian is not a good one.
      if lock doesn’t shrink in big games like manning he will already be the second best QB we’ve ever had based on skill set and leadership and attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by OABB View Post

Siemian was a Munson loser and everyone with two eyes could see it. It was an amazing game by him and I ate a lot of crow willingly because I was surprised such a gutless turd could look like an NFL qb. But, it was an anomaly and once again it turned out I was right after all (the one time I ate crow and I still was right lol)

lock is a winner. He is tebowesque in his ball juice but actually can throw the ball. so the comparison to siemian is not a good one.
        if lock doesn’t shrink in big games like manning he will already be the second best QB we’ve ever had based on skill set and leadership and attitude.
        Bengals managed to drop 3 or 4 Simein picks that game as well. It certainly wasn’t all roses

Comment

• Flacco will sign with Bengals next
          first Lamar then Lock next up Burrows

Comment

• Forget Tom Brady for the Broncos next year, Peter King now says, "Did you see Drew Lock on Sunday?"

"The Broncos have been searching for the heir to Peyton Manning for four years, obviously, and Lock’s the closest thing they’ve found. In the last three weeks, starting in Lock’s hometown of Kansas City this weekend (a good test with the revived KC defense), he’ll need to show he’s comfortable with taking more downfield risks, and succeeding at them. Through two games, he’s a 72.7 percent passer with a 111.4 rating—though young quarterbacks often debut strong on rating because they’re being protected by their play-callers. Lock hopes he can play well enough to ensure the Broncos don’t focus on a quarterback in the 2020 draft. A month ago, they might have. If Lock continues at this pace, I doubt John Elway will use a high pick on a passer. “It wouldn’t matter what the level of football was,” Lock said. “Youth league, high school, college, NFL. I never want to give my job up. I certainly don’t want to give it up now.”"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
              Lock will face some of the worst defenses the rest of the season. At least next week he will feel the need to score, and against the lions he will see some pretty decent pre-snap disguises. If the raider game is anything like the first, the running game won’t be much of an option and we will have to rely on locks arm. Interesting mix of challenges for lock in the coming weeks.
              The Raiders are melting down in epic fashion. They rode that whole, no one believes in us thing early in the season, but they've been blown out the last 3 weeks, giving up 37.7 PPG and only scoring 11 PPG. You could actually combine all the points they've scored of the last 3 weeks, and it still wouldn't be enough to have won a single one of those games. For as tough as the season has been for Denver, it was never that bad.

Comment

• A few things....

Looking good right now. Not much for teams to scout him. Pointed out on the broadcast yesterday.

Inevitably we will see how he adjusts back at the league after they adjust to him. That is always key and crucial.

IF he does turn out to solid, then this team has been drafting quite well over the last few years. The debacle of Lynch and Bolles aside.

There is a core of players that are absolutely productive and they will be able to build around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Mayfield didn't spend much time this off-season working on his craft. He was too busy shooting 30 commercials and shotgunning beers at the Indians games. If Lock can stay focused and hungry enough to get better mentally then he can keep on rolling.
                  Agree. But Mayfield isn't the only young QB who has had some struggles after looking good. Goff and Wentz (who was an MVP candidate in 2017 before getting hurt) immediately come to mind. Success is never final.

Comment

• That deep sideline pass to Patrick he put between 2 Texans was Aaron Rodgers-esque. There have been more than a few passes already that have been ridiculous. Will be interesting to see how he deals with guys in his face all day like he will in KC this week. Jones up the middle and Frank Clark off the edge is gonna give Lock something he's never seen before. Knowing he's gonna have to score points all day long to keep up with Mahomey is another wrinkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                      That deep sideline pass to Patrick he put between 2 Texans was Aaron Rodgers-esque. There have been more than a few passes already that have been ridiculous. Will be interesting to see how he deals with guys in his face all day like he will in KC this week. Jones up the middle and Frank Clark off the edge is gonna give Lock something he's never seen before. Knowing he's gonna have to score points all day long to keep up with Mahomey is another wrinkle.
                      Yup this week he is getting heavily blitzed in a tough place to play well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Flacco will sign with Bengals next
                        first Lamar then Lock next up Burrows
                        I think Flacco retires, which is what he should do. He can save face by citing his neck injury as the primary reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                          That deep sideline pass to Patrick he put between 2 Texans was Aaron Rodgers-esque. There have been more than a few passes already that have been ridiculous. Will be interesting to see how he deals with guys in his face all day like he will in KC this week. Jones up the middle and Frank Clark off the edge is gonna give Lock something he's never seen before. Knowing he's gonna have to score points all day long to keep up with Mahomey is another wrinkle.
                          Agreed, but when was the last time the KC defense had to chase down a Denver QB that could run out of the pocket as well? This should be pretty fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

The Raiders are melting down in epic fashion. They rode that whole, no one believes in us thing early in the season, but they've been blown out the last 3 weeks, giving up 37.7 PPG and only scoring 11 PPG. You could actually combine all the points they've scored of the last 3 weeks, and it still wouldn't be enough to have won a single one of those games. For as tough as the season has been for Denver, it was never that bad.
                            I haven’t seen any raiders since the 1st game against us. What is the cause of the implosion? Is Gruden’s schemes exposed, and he can’t mask Carr anymore? Not enough young guys stepping up? Just curious so I can give my raider-fan friends crap.

Comment

• I'd like to see how Lock handles some bad weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

IF he does turn out to solid, then this team has been drafting quite well over the last few years. The debacle of Lynch and Bolles aside.

Lynch was a debacle. He was a first round pick that could never beat out a 7th round journey-man and now can't even stick on an NFL roster 4 seasons later. Bolles is a disappointment. He is an inconsistent, but average starting left Tackle that plays with heart but not much intelligence. While we can look in hindsight and see there were far better options on the board in both 2016 and 2017 in the first round, equating the epic failure of Lynch to the underwhelming outcome of Bolles is disingenuous.
                                Last edited by v2micca; 12-09-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X