If you think anyone but Peyton Manning should be MVP, you are wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think anyone but Peyton Manning should be MVP, you are wrong

"On the first day of the NFL season, Peyton Manning threw seven touchdowns against the Ravens.

He became the NFL MVP favorite that day, and there hasn't been a moment since when he hasn't led the field in that race.

But I get it. It's boring to repeat the same thing for four months. It doesn't draw any attention to yourself to state the obvious. So we have this ridiculous "debate" brewing that anyone but Manning could be the MVP this season. It's maddening to anyone who understands logic.

Manning has 45 touchdowns, already tied for fifth most in NFL history with three games to go. You know who has 44 touchdowns this season? Tom Brady and Russell Wilson combined. Manning also has 400 more passing yards than anyone in the NFL. Saying he shouldn't win the MVP is like predicting the sky will be pink tomorrow. Bet on the sky being blue – you'll probably be right.

Yet, there are those who want to stand out in the crowd. Those arguing for anyone but Manning for MVP generally fall under one of these categories...

Continued at - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9498--nfl.html

Though I liked the article and I do agree, there wasn't a lot of analysis that went into it. Why not toss up Brady's stats and who he is throwing to and then shoot down why he isn't in contention? Same with Wilson, or whomever… Fun, but flat article, IMO.

That being said, Manning is MVP, clearly.

Comment

To be honest, this is a 5-6 win team without him... He will be the reason we finish with 14 wins

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
        To be honest, this is a 5-6 win team without him... He will be the reason we finish with 14 wins
        pretty obvious since our team's defense has been suspect.

Comment

I can see the winner of the Super Bowl as the MVP. Hopefully, that will be Peyton Manning...

Comment

Manning with a regular season MVP, a SB win and a SB MVP would be just fine with this guy.

Comment

MVP
              Offensive Player of the Year (I know, I know)
              Superbowl MVP

THIS ONE'S FOR PEYTON

Comment

Broncos best offensive player: Peyton Manning
                Broncos best defensive player: Peyton Manning.

Comment

It's clear cut. And even if he never threw another touchdown he'd still get it.

That said, here's some names worth being honorably mentioned.

Russel Wilson
                  Calvin Johnson
                  Jamaal Charles (that's right! I said it!)
                  Drew Brees
                  Shady McCoy
                  Philip Rivers

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

Russel Wilson
                    Calvin Johnson
                    Drew Brees
                    Shady McCoy
                    Philip Rivers
                    I am not too sure on Rivers. They have had some last minute losses but can't remember if it was on the D and not his offense. The others do have a good argument for MVP. Johnson to me is a reachand would be listed after most of those you have.

Comment

Can we post 40 times please? Thanks.

Comment

It's hard to see Peyton NOT winning MVP. But I don't really care if he wins or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                          I can see the winner of the Super Bowl as the MVP. Hopefully, that will be Peyton Manning...
                          Uh the postseason has no bearing on MVP voting.

Comment

Nah, according to Heath Evans, Russell Wilson is more deserving than Manning, but Tom Brady deserves it overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

Russel Wilson
                              Calvin Johnson
                              Drew Brees
                              Shady McCoy
                              Philip Rivers
                              is Russell Wilson on that list for merit or because his team is the class of the NFC? I like him but his stats are really nothing special, kind of Alex Smith-like. Tony Romo is more deserving. McCoy to me isn't even the most deserving Eagle.

Comment

Working...
                              X