Garett Bolles blocks out critics to become Broncos highest-graded blocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garett Bolles blocks out critics to become Broncos highest-graded blocker

"Allowing a sack is much worse than getting called for a penalty. Much worse. Elijah Wilkinson has been charged with allowing 9 sacks this season, according to PFF. Bolles has surrendered 4."

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...9-9140a472fdb1

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
    "Allowing a sack is much worse than getting called for a penalty. Much worse. Elijah Wilkinson has been charged with allowing 9 sacks this season, according to PFF. Bolles has surrendered 4."

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...9-9140a472fdb1
    Still think he could be better suited at guard. He simply has a tougher time with the speed rushers cause his feet imo are too slow. Also, I would not say allowing a sack is MUUUUCH WORSE than getting called for penalties. It is not just the 10 yards they lose, but it negates any big play made. Which in theory could be a 50 yard penalty. Also, I think the odds of picking up a first down and 20 is quite small. That, is assuming he makes the penalty on first down.

I was pretty tough on him, and I am glad to see he is improving, but imo he is a guard.

Comment

Wow. King of the island of Misfit toys. Good for him. He's beating out an undrafted RT, a 5th round OG turned C, a has been RG and Rookie LG. Flacco was one of his biggest problems though, a statue that holds the ball too long.

I agree that he should move to RG next season. Draft an LT early, move Bolles to OG, draft a possible replacement for in the 4-5 round and Bolles can move to RT if/ when James gets injured.

Comment

Pff is a joke. Bolles sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
          Agree on both counts.

Comment

It doesn't even come remotely close to telling the story. He may only be credit with giving up that many sacks, but he has given up nearly five times the amount of pressures and QB hits. That matters, and when you factor that in with the crazy penalties and the consistency just isn't there.

FWIW, Bolles has actually had a couple of good games in recent weeks. He deserves some props, Alas, that's usually how it goes for him. He is streaky. You'll see him have a few good games, but then he regresses and has three terrible ones. We can only hope that he can continue to finish the year strong and actually be consistent. A position switch isn't in the cards for him. His deficiencies as a player would only be accentuated on the inside.

I'm liking the looks of this offensive tackle class. I'd decline Bolles' FYO and spend a selection in the Top 64 on getting a tackle to eventually replace him.

Comment

Wow!
              Did anybody see this?!
              The guy has been under the microscope that everything he does looks bad due to the fact that the amount and frequency of his penalties put him on the spotlight through the first games of the season and people were willing to ship his ass out of town on a rail.

Well, good for him. He needs to cut down on his mistakes and if it has taken him this long and a big amount of criticism for him to realize his career was in jeopardy if his poor performance continued, then I’d say, leave him at left tackle, and draft another one for depth in the later rounds.
              That to me says the guy has been working at getting better and shows perseverance in doing what he needs to do to make it in the NFL.
              Bolles, keep it up, you’ll be once again in the spotlight today.
              Best of luck!

Comment

Today’s first penalty cost the broncos a TD. Nice work pff

Comment

The ho gots to go. He's awful.

Comment

He’s not ideal, but I wouldn’t stray from BPA for a LT at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      It doesn't even come remotely close to telling the story. He may only be credit with giving up that many sacks, but he has given up nearly five times the amount of pressures and QB hits. That matters, and when you factor that in with the crazy penalties and the consistency just isn't there.

FWIW, Bolles has actually had a couple of good games in recent weeks. He deserves some props, Alas, that's usually how it goes for him. He is streaky. You'll see him have a few good games, but then he regresses and has three terrible ones. We can only hope that he can continue to finish the year strong and actually be consistent. A position switch isn't in the cards for him. His deficiencies as a player would only be accentuated on the inside.

I'm liking the looks of this offensive tackle class. I'd decline Bolles' FYO and spend a selection in the Top 64 on getting a tackle to eventually replace him.
                      A lot of that depends on who he is going up against. Plus not being the smartest tool in the shed doesn't help, there is a reason Belly picks smart role players over pure talent/measureables.

There is a spot on this team for him, I also think it is at guard. I want Leary gone more than I want Bolles cut. Move Leary to the RG and he can serve as swing tackle incase of injury.

At least this year we have the money to go out and buy a LT like the guy in Washington, there is an option to draft one of the top 2 Tackles depending on where we end up we have a lot of options but the biggest change the last 2 games has been the play of Lock. I just hope he keeps it up, what he has been doing isn't just one thing that D's can take away, his mobility and ability to get the ball out quick with velocity has made a huge impact.

I was really impressed with Locks vision today, we haven't had a QB with the ability to read a D the way Lock did today since Manning, I think Locks skills still set up more like John's than Mannings as Peyton didn't have the arm Lock does. The TD to Fant was awesome though the 1st throw to Fant was scary but he got it there and Fant took it a long way. I love Lock's ball placement too even when moving around.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
                        yep. they're a bunch of soccer nerds and bolles is hot dookie.

Comment

With Lock (and even Allen) Bolles issues are less of an issue. He may be able to excel if he has a good off season with the Staff. that would be great.

This team is definitely adding a tackle but probably not in the first 2 days of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post

And his "good" game was having a TD brought back because he can't help himself "finishing" blocks even though they turn into penalties (block in the back this time, but usually holding). I think they go either OT (more likely) or CB (less likely) in the 1st round since I think that CHj is going to be playing elsewhere next year - though Yiadom is looking serviceable and Bausby was good before he went down and Fangio usually gets a lot out of the lower drafted CBs in his scheme. I'd be quite happy with OT and CB in rounds 1 & 2 respectively.

Comment

Whomever was responsible for the Risner pick just needs to do their magic again. I say let BPA happen in the first round, then even consider packaging a couple second rounders to move back up for a top tier talent.

This team obviously still has some holes, but they seem much less apparent if we can score more than 30 points a game regularly.

Comment

Working...
                              X