X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

That is a pipe dream. Can you at least back it up why you think he will double his output from last week? Take in account our coaching too.
    Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

Are you Scabby?

That is exactly what Houston is going to look for.

plus teams know how bad our OL is so they will run blitz us all day and make Lock beat us throwing it.

I would go with the type of game plan they had vs the Vikes featuring Sutton every way possible. I would attack down field give Lock some confidence and the work in Lindsay and the run game.

This week would be a good one to fake a stupid TE screen then chuck it deep to Sutton. Throw every first down and do no play action or boots until the second half when up 17. Also if we do get up 2 or 3 scores half way in the 2nd quarter don’t try to run the clock out for the rest of the game.

I would rather see them lose being aggressive than blowing another win trying to protect a lead.
    The only thing I was wrong about was Houston blitzing us all day. They took the run away and made Lock beat them and he did.

They also faked the boot and threw quick passes across Locks body to the left catching the Texans off guard. The ability of Lock to do so with accuracy was impressive in his 1st start on the road when he could barely hear at the start of the game.

They didn't run a single TE screen, at least not that I remember, they were throwing to the TE's down field.

They played aggressive on both sides of the ball and it paid off with 31 points on O and 7 on D. The still need to put together a drive after the 1st possession of the 2nd half, they have scored FG's or a TD with the 1st possession of the 2nd half in other games including today but after that the O falls asleep. It was nice to see the D get a turnover to end the game on D. Still a lot to clean up on both sides of the ball but it was fun to see them score 38 for the 1st time in a long time. I hope we can hang with the chefs if not shock them too. We don't have the talent they have on O but with Lock making guys like Hamilton and Patrick and even Fant better I think we have as good a chance as we have had since Manning was here.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    It really isn't hard to throw for 250 yards in a football game, especially if you're working from a negative game script.
    Drew almost hit this mark in a half, and did it from a positive game script.

"No way a QB can pass for 250-300 yards" was such a bizarre take in 2019

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

We rarely get 200 yards throwing in a game but with no Sanders on our team and a QB in his 2nd game, somehow we are going for 250-300 yards? GTFO!
    lulz

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
    9.5 underdogs
    predicting a surprise win 31-28 Denver. Drew Lock 250-300 yds 3 TDs. yes I’m being overly optimistic here. I do think he throws another pick. Not a stupid type turnover, just one where he trusts his arm a little too much or it bounces out Hamiltons hand into a defenders hand. Hopefully Scangarello opens up the offense a lot more this week.
    most importantly, more improvements by Lock.
    Pretty much nailed Lock's performance today

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    I had the score about right. I just got the teams mixed up. I must admit that it feels good to be wrong sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• gyldenlove
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
    Solid take.
    Kid came out to play. I stand corrected.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post

REP
    I was ****ing with everyone. If you noticed I edited it. I thought Denver would get thumped. I was wrong. I'm actually excited for the first time in 2 years with a possible long term QB solution. He has a long ways to go but he has been very encouraging and doesnt look that uncomfortable out there.

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    Originally posted by strafen View Post
    My expectations are for our team to be competitive.
    On a team like Houston we would ideally want to score first and often if at all possible.
    Make them play catch up. That way they’ll be forced to alter their game plan a little.

All I want is for Lock to play his game and continue to make strides and not feel pressured.
    Though I see him as the type of guy who just wants to be out there and have fun while playing.
    I'm excited to finally get back into looking forward to watching broncos games again.

We didn’t get Andrew Luck, but we’ve got Drew Lock. Close enough for me, pun intended.
    Thank you!
    I love your post. Right on the money!

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
    30 to 10 Denver! Lock has 3 TDs at half and at least 1 to Fant.
    REP

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
    24-13 Houston. Drew will pass for less than 200 yards and have 2 INTs.
    Solid take.
    Last edited by Dedhed; 12-08-2019, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Apparently I wasn’t being overly optimistic. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I'm more or less predicting what I want to see, rather than being bluntly realistic, but if things go well I can still realistically see a tough win happening. Houston has a poor pass defense and a poor pass rush, good game for Lock's first away game. One of six teams to allow more than two TDs per game. Arguably the weakest defense left on the schedule.

Denver wins 31-28 with the help of 4 Lock TDs. I'm speaking this madness into existence. Make it so
    Denver has already hit my point total and Lock is one TD away from making my prediction come true. Texans need not match my expected point total, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Drew says all you Debbie Downers can suck his LOCK!

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    Pass and pass some more please!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X