Denver vs Houston: expectations/predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

That is a pipe dream. Can you at least back it up why you think he will double his output from last week? Take in account our coaching too.
    Why is it a pipe dream? A few key drops and the miscue between him and Fant could’ve been another 100+ yards and a 3rd TD against the Chargers. Obviously it’s far from guaranteed, but it’s also not a pipe dream. The Chargers have a much better pass defense than the Texans by the way.

Comment

It really isn't hard to throw for 250 yards in a football game, especially if you're working from a negative game script.

Comment

This is a game that yardage won’t matter much. Broncos must score 24+ points, or they probably don’t have a chance. Our defense is missing too many pieces to expect a low scoring game.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

Are you Scabby?

That is exactly what Houston is going to look for.

plus teams know how bad our OL is so they will run blitz us all day and make Lock beat us throwing it.

I would go with the type of game plan they had vs the Vikes featuring Sutton every way possible. I would attack down field give Lock some confidence and the work in Lindsay and the run game.

This week would be a good one to fake a stupid TE screen then chuck it deep to Sutton. Throw every first down and do no play action or boots until the second half when up 17. Also if we do get up 2 or 3 scores half way in the 2nd quarter don’t try to run the clock out for the rest of the game.

I would rather see them lose being aggressive than blowing another win trying to protect a lead.
          Man are you serious? You think we will be up by 2-3 scores or 17 points on Houston? Sure anything is possible but that is rare air. We barely score as it is. Don't you think they are going to try and take Sutton away off the bat? Guy scored 2 tds in five minutes last week he is Locks warm blanket

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
            This is a game that yardage won’t matter much. Broncos must score 24+ points, or they probably don’t have a chance. Our defense is missing too many pieces to expect a low scoring game.
            I always say yardage. shmardage.
            Keep lock under 26 pass attempts, call at least 5 QB run plays in the first half.
            run the ball early and often.
            use fant as a receiver, NOT a blocker if and when he is on the field.

figure out how to cover a tight end !

do all that and then good luck with watson, that should be elementary.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post

Man are you serious? You think we will be up by 2-3 scores or 17 points on Houston? Sure anything is possible but that is rare air. We barely score as it is. Don't you think they are going to try and take Sutton away off the bat? Guy scored 2 tds in five minutes last week he is Locks warm blanket
              Houston isn’t exactly the 2000 ravens. They got the 27th ranked defense. 28th against the pass and 19th against the run. Denver should be passing the ball like there’s no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

I always say yardage. shmardage.
                Keep lock under 26 pass attempts, call at least 5 QB run plays in the first half.
                run the ball early and often.
                use fant as a receiver, NOT a blocker if and when he is on the field.

figure out how to cover a tight end !

do all that and then good luck with watson, that should be elementary.
                If we had drafted a running QB I’d be with you, but we didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

If we had drafted a running QB I’d be with you, but we didn’t.
                  I was merely listing all the not gonna happens as to why it aint gonna happen.
                  I think I forecast something like 38-17.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

Houston isn’t exactly the 2000 ravens. They got the 27th ranked defense. 28th against the pass and 19th against the run. Denver should be passing the ball like there’s no tomorrow.
                    "tomorrow" is essentially all we have to look forward to...
                    Que Annie and the dog, set the lights...

Comment

• https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...ncos-at-texans

Despite their 8-4 record, the Texans rank 32nd in third-down defense, 31st in red zone defense, 28th in passing defense and interceptions and 26th in sacks.
                      Great game to let Lock off his leash.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• .....annnnnd he's playing

Comment

• I would really like to see Denver execute some successful screens

Comment

Working...
                                X