No announcement yet.

Denver vs Houston: expectations/predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Texans were mauled by the Ravens a few weeks ago, but since then they've played pretty well. They aren't an offensive powerhouse, but they score a lot more than Denver and their defense is comparable. I fully expect a loss here, especially on the road, but an upset wouldn't be unthinkable. The defense must bring its A-game and the O will have to do more than merely avoiding self-destruction.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Who?

Comment

UDFA from TCU in 2018. Made practice squad as backup C/G. Undersized last year, but maybe he's put on some muscle. Subbed for Leary after the concussion last week. I believe this will be his first NFL start.

Comment

I've been messing around with playoff scenarios....IF denver won out and went 8-8, they can get in, even if KC were to win 9 or more and win the division.

1. IF KC were to lose out and Denver won out. Denver would win the division. If KC and Denver finish tied at 8-8. If the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos all finish tied at 8-8, KC wins the division on tiebreakers. Denver would still be AFC wild card at 8-8 in that case IF (see no.2)

2. IF Denver wins out AND finisihes 8-8 and are tied with ANY of Pit, Oak, Jax, TEN, HOU, CLE, at 8-8, Denver would win out on tiebreakers. If Any of those same teams gets to 9 wins, Denver is mathematically eliminated. Denver has head to head tie breakers on TEN, and winning out would give them a head to head on HOU, and better DIV record than OAK if OAK is 8-8. ALSO....one of Houston or TEN could have more than 8 wins and Denver can get in because someone has to win the AFC south...as long as the next best team is 8-8 or less, that works.

.....Essentially, the only KC game that matters is the one you play against KC...it's the other AFC teams you need to be rooting for to not get win 9. If one of Hou or TEN gets win no.9, you must root for the other not to.

Not great odds....but still possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                  i don't think we can keep up...

...my gameplan would be to keep it within Lock's range (heavy run) until the mid-late third then just open it up and lean on his athletic ability to create plays. it will be hard for the HOU to adjust. not much tape on the guy and he can beat you with his arm, if HOU gives him underneath take it all day long for the rest of the game and go back to running the ball controling the clock best you can. can't rely on him to make 2,416 3rd and 4-6 yard pass completions down the stretch.
                  Are you Scabby?

That is exactly what Houston is going to look for.

plus teams know how bad our OL is so they will run blitz us all day and make Lock beat us throwing it.

I would go with the type of game plan they had vs the Vikes featuring Sutton every way possible. I would attack down field give Lock some confidence and the work in Lindsay and the run game.

This week would be a good one to fake a stupid TE screen then chuck it deep to Sutton. Throw every first down and do no play action or boots until the second half when up 17. Also if we do get up 2 or 3 scores half way in the 2nd quarter don’t try to run the clock out for the rest of the game.

I would rather see them lose being aggressive than blowing another win trying to protect a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                    9.5 underdogs
                    predicting a surprise win 31-28 Denver. Drew Lock 250-300 yds 3 TDs. yes I’m being overly optimistic here. I do think he throws another pick. Not a stupid type turnover, just one where he trusts his arm a little too much or it bounces out Hamiltons hand into a defenders hand. Hopefully Scangarello opens up the offense a lot more this week.
                    most importantly, more improvements by Lock.
                    We rarely get 200 yards throwing in a game but with no Sanders on our team and a QB in his 2nd game, somehow we are going for 250-300 yards? GTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

We rarely get 200 yards throwing in a game but with no Sanders on our team and a QB in his 2nd game, somehow we are going for 250-300 yards? GTFO!
                      JFC, what part of “I’m being overly optimistic“ did you not understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                        The Texans were mauled by the Ravens a few weeks ago, but since then they've played pretty well. They aren't an offensive powerhouse, but they score a lot more than Denver and their defense is comparable. I fully expect a loss here, especially on the road, but an upset wouldn't be unthinkable. The defense must bring its A-game and the O will have to do more than merely avoiding self-destruction.
                        Their defense has many holes especially in the Red Zone where we need to improve.

Comment

JFC, what part of “I’m being overly optimistic“ did you not understand?
                          That is a pipe dream. Can you at least back it up why you think he will double his output from last week? Take in account our coaching too.

Comment

I’m going back track on what I’ve said before, Denver should just run a heavy spread offense that suits Locks strength for the rest of the season. Install the WCO in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post

The Texans give up a good amount of yards passing, so 250 yards for Lock wouldn’t be that surprising. Especially since we will probably be playing from behind most of the game.

Comment

I’m going back track on what I’ve said before, Denver should just run a heavy spread offense that suits Locks strength for the rest of the season. Install the WCO in the offseason.
                                Why? Last game showed that he’s learned the offense well so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X