Denver vs Houston: expectations/predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    People keep pointing to the Arizona game, but that was a weird game where were two pick sixes. So it's been even longer since the offense scored a legit 30+.
    Nevermind, for some reason I thought they scored 41 in this game. So, actually a legit 31 insofar as finishing drives with touchdowns. But they barely cracked 300 yards in that one, so it wasn't some explosion. Defense gave them great scoring opportunities.

Comment

unfortunately, more of this

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	193
Size:	664.6 KB
ID:	2531049

Comment

I'm more or less predicting what I want to see, rather than being bluntly realistic, but if things go well I can still realistically see a tough win happening. Houston has a poor pass defense and a poor pass rush, good game for Lock's first away game. One of six teams to allow more than two TDs per game. Arguably the weakest defense left on the schedule.

Denver wins 31-28 with the help of 4 Lock TDs. I'm speaking this madness into existence. Make it so
        Last edited by Papa-pwn; 12-05-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I wasn't sure before but can confirm now: the last game Denver scored 30+ in a "move the ball up and down the field" fashion was Week 2 of 2017 against a Cowboys defense missing both starters at corner.

****ing yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            What I said to do a few weeks ago.

Someone reads my posts

Comment

People keep pointing to the Arizona game, but that was a weird game where were two pick sixes. So it's been even longer since the offense scored a legit 30+.
              We scored 45 that game. Good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

We scored 45 that game. Good enough.
                Corrected in a post above but that was far from an offensive powerhouse performance. They get props for finishing drives but that was about a pissed off and proud defense beating up on the worst offense in football, and giving our offense easy opportunity after easy opportunity.

Comment

Corrected in a post above but that was far from an offensive powerhouse performance. They get props for finishing drives but that was about a pissed off and proud defense beating up on the worst offense in football, and giving our offense easy opportunity after easy opportunity.
                  Lots of 30 point games aren't necessarily powerhouse performances. Hell, Sanders threw a TD that game. That 45-pointer counts as much as most.

Comment

Lots of 30 point games aren't necessarily powerhouse performances. Hell, Sanders threw a TD that game. That 45-pointer counts as much as most.
                    Sure, Beavis. The offense was absolutely incredible, couldn't be stopped at all. What a weird thing to get stuck on when any person with a functioning brain agrees with the larger point here.

Comment

Sure, Beavis. The offense was absolutely incredible, couldn't be stopped at all. What a weird thing to get stuck on when any person with a functioning brain agrees with the larger point here.
                      Nobody's holding up a single 30-point game as an indication of a world-beating offense. Most teams score multiple 30 point games per year, good or bad. Patriots are in offensive panic mode and have hit 30 like 5 times this season.

Our dry spell there is an indication of bad offense. No need to artificially stretch it into something worse.

Comment

Nobody's holding up a single 30-point game as an indication of a world-beating offense. Most teams score multiple 30 point games per year, good or bad. Patriots are in offensive panic mode and have hit 30 like 5 times this season.

Our dry spell there is an indication of bad offense. No need to artificially stretch it into something worse.
                        Yeah, no need to evaluate these games with the slightest regard for context so we can actually make meaningful distinctions. Thinking sure is the worst.

Comment

Yeah, no need to evaluate these games with the slightest regard for context so we can actually make meaningful distinctions. Thinking sure is the worst.
                          Not really much reason to put much thought into an arbitrary 30-point threshold. Certainly not the measure for success with a new QB.

We're lucky to get good plays, let alone good games.

Comment

I look at this game much like I did the Vikings game. We probably aren't going to win because we shouldn't based on overall talent. They are a legit playoff contender that is well balanced between offense & defense. They have an established QB and coaching staff, while we are going on the road with a young QB making his second start. However, there is one caveat to this that might give us a chance, and that is that their secondary may be the weakest of all the teams we've played since the raiders, but their run defense is comparable to ours. If Lock can find some holes early, then it may help loosen up the run game also, and who knows if it's close in the 4th. But granted, that's a big IF.

Comment

Not really much reason to put much thought into an arbitrary 30-point threshold. Certainly not the measure for success with a new QB.

We're lucky to get good plays, let alone good games.
                              The issue, all arbitrary numbers aside, is the offense not having a complete day at the office since Dallas in 2017, now 43 games ago. So it makes sense for me to dig into the Arizona game that's been referenced over and over, because that game was all about the defense. It's a curious thing that you'd push back on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

What I said to do a few weeks ago.

Someone reads my posts
                                A few weeks ago? He's only missed one game.

Comment

Working...
                                X