Lindsay Needs to be on the Field Less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay Needs to be on the Field Less

In order to Optomize his usage he needs to be used less rather than more. Much like a pure fastball pitcher he needs to be intermingled and used to the greatest effectiveness. At the very top end he should get 15 touches a game. My preference would be mostly from hand offs as he isn't as effective when sent on routes. Short Area Quickness is his specialty play to that.

Booker should see more Third Down work as well. He works in the passing game better than either of the other 2.

I don't agree that he needs to be used less. And I definitely don't agree that Booker should be used more. I do think Lindsay needs to be used less like a traditional feature back and more as an all-purpose offensive weapon. He needs to be used much more in the passing game in my opinion. What really bothers me is how much he gets used in short yardage situations.

Comment

OUR most reliable offensive weapon should be used MORE and in BETTER play-calling to accentuate his talents !

Look at the chargers, when gordon came back they used ECKLER less, and they LOST !
      they took theior best offensive weapon and sat him behind gordon.
      they have been on a losing streak ever since !

success for our offense will come from using Lindsey MORE, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        I don't agree that he needs to be used less. And I definitely don't agree that Booker should be used more. I do think Lindsay needs to be used less like a traditional feature back and more as an all-purpose offensive weapon. He needs to be used much more in the passing game in my opinion. What really bothers me is how much he gets used in short yardage situations.
        His production in the passing game does not make me think he needs to do that more. That is an area he needs significant work. I rewatched an early year play where he ran a route with 2 very separate speeds. Causing the throw to be off by several yards. He sprinted jogged then sprinted coming out of the backfield- Throw was off by 3 yards because the QB had no idea where he would end up.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
          OUR most reliable offensive weapon should be used MORE and in BETTER play-calling to accentuate his talents !

Look at the chargers, when gordon came back they used ECKLER less, and they LOST !
          they took theior best offensive weapon and sat him behind gordon.
          they have been on a losing streak ever since !

success for our offense will come from using Lindsey MORE, not less.
          Lindsay works best in 2 back sets. This makes for a personal grouping with a lot less diversity. And now with out a real FB it will be even more difficult.

Comment

as a rookie LINDSEY struck me as a viable pass outlet and a fair BLOCKER in his rookie season.
            Playcalling is at fault and lack of development .
            "hey, we did a poor job of developing lindsey so lets just bench him"
            yes, that's a winner mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post

His production in the passing game does not make me think he needs to do that more. That is an area he needs significant work. I rewatched an early year play where he ran a route with 2 very separate speeds. Causing the throw to be off by several yards. He sprinted jogged then sprinted coming out of the backfield- Throw was off by 3 yards because the QB had no idea where he would end up.
              I agree that Lindsay's a bit rough in the passing game, but the coaches need to work with him to fix that because getting him the ball in space should be a major goal in this offense.

Comment

Is there any evidence at all to suggest that Lindsay struggles late in games due to fatigue?

If not, send this thread to the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                  In order to Optomize his usage he needs to be used less rather than more. Much like a pure fastball pitcher he needs to be intermingled and used to the greatest effectiveness. At the very top end he should get 15 touches a game. My preference would be mostly from hand offs as he isn't as effective when sent on routes. Short Area Quickness is his specialty play to that.

Booker should see more Third Down work as well. He works in the passing game better than either of the other 2.
                  The only thing Booker should see is the footprint left on his ass after he's kicked out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

The only thing Booker should see is the footprint left on his ass after he's kicked out the door.
                    ROFL When Booker hit the punter late in the 1st half and drew the flag that led to the chargers first score, I bet you came out of your recliner and threw something at your widescreen. Didn't you! That's ok though, because so did I.

Comment

The issue is Royce Freeman looks like he's running through mud recently. He's not providing anything a street FA couldn't. And Booker - good christ.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

ROFL When Booker hit the punter late in the 1st half and drew the flag that led to the chargers first score, I bet you came out of your recliner and threw something at your widescreen. Didn't you! That's ok though, because so did I.
                        It was the perfect Devontae Booker play. Zero vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                          The issue is Royce Freeman looks like he's running through mud recently. He's not providing anything a street FA couldn't. And Booker - good christ.
                          Yeah, Freeman has been disappointing. He showed some really nice flashes as a rookie, but really hasn't done anything this season.

Comment

I missed the game. I was visiting family and didn't get a chance to watch.

Comment

close...no damage to the TV or remote, but I cursed the University of Utah. (Bowles, Cu loss, Booker, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                              X