Is there really a sellout streak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there really a sellout streak?

Seems like the FO got cute and held a bunch of former season tickets for individual gouging and now its backfiring spectacularly.

Seems like if you call that a sold out game, it's in name only.

Depends. Are there still people on the waiting list willing to buy season tickets? As long as there’s a waiting list with willing fans, I don’t think you can really make the argument that the sellout streak is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Depends. Are there still people on the waiting list willing to buy season tickets? As long as there’s a waiting list with willing fans, I don’t think you can really make the argument that the sellout streak is over.
      The Denver Broncos Reserved Season Ticket Waiting List currently has over 84,000 names. The number of tickets offered to waiting list customers each year is based solely on the number of season tickets not renewed from the prior year. Currently, we cannot predict wait times due to our extremely high renewal rates.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/ticket...ts/waitinglist

Comment

There were tons of $20 tickets on NFL Ticketmaster because I was thinking of selling my tix so I checked the current prices. These are $60 seats asking $20 and still no takers.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          If they hadn't artificially restricted the pool of season tickets to try to cash in on upselling individual games, I would agree with you. I mean any franchise in the league could build a 'waiting list' by tightening the number of season tickets offered like the Broncos did a couple years ago.

At the end of the day, I'm 99.9% sure that the franchise was holding significant numbers of individual game seats that were never sold to anyone because they didn't sell. I don't believe there were anywhere near 19k+ season ticket holders that just didn't show.

Tickets that never sold? Not a sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
            There were tons of $20 tickets on NFL Ticketmaster because I was thinking of selling my tix so I checked the current prices. These are $60 seats asking $20 and still no takers.
            Right. But add in what we discovered last year, which was that the Front Office was listing a bunch of individual games on the ticket exchange directly for exorbitant prices. If those tickets you saw didn't sell, neither did the ones the Broncos held.

Guessing the Broncos making that scotch money grab move is backfiring spectacularly as we slide into irrelevance.

Comment

Somewhere on Twitter there was something about this. The tickets sold were ~75000 but there were almost 19,000 no shows.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

If they hadn't artificially restricted the pool of season tickets to try to cash in on upselling individual games, I would agree with you. I mean any franchise in the league could build a 'waiting list' by tightening the number of season tickets offered like the Broncos did a couple years ago.

At the end of the day, I'm 99.9% sure that the franchise was holding significant numbers of individual game seats that were never sold to anyone because they didn't sell. I don't believe there were anywhere near 19k+ season ticket holders that just didn't show.

Tickets that never sold? Not a sellout.
                You could also read it as the FO sold the tickets to themselves only to resell them

Comment

2017 Last game against KC, 19 degree weather after Christmas only 5K no shows.
                  2018 Last game against LAR , 50 degrees 8K no shows

You cant' go to Minny and show up and play real good football then lay an egg against Josh Allen and BUF. Need a consistent product and one that can at least win at home.

This is the fans standing up and showing their displeasure with bad football.

Even Fangio acknowledged it up to the team to bring in the fans not the fans obligation to show up.

Comment

You cant' go to Minny and show up and play real good football then lay an egg against Josh Allen and BUF. Need a consistent product and one that can at least win at home.

Even Fangio acknowledged it up to the team to bring in the fans not the fans obligation to show up.

They were saying something similar on Stink's show yesterday, but I'm not necessarily 100% sold on the bad football angle. I think that's part of it.

But in my mind, the two bigger factors were how badly they botched the starting QB situation, and the fact that Chargers fans fill excess seats worse than just about any opposing fanbase.

I think most local fans will pay at least something to take the opportunity to watch Lock grow and build some hope for the future. The prospect of a known stopgap fueling bad football against a bad team was probably the biggest difference in why that no show number was so high.

Comment

This is not unique to the Broncos. The NFL and really all professional sports as a whole have a real problem brewing and I don't see a solution in the near future. Everyone has a big screen now. Everyone has a smart phone. It's 70 degrees and comfortable watching on one's couch. No traffic, no overpriced tickets, parking, concessions or bathroom lines. Etc. No risk of a DUI.

Combine all that with the horrible product most teams put out there along with the neutered atmosphere teams are fostering in their stadiums nowadays (sit down! no yelling! no cheering too loud!) and there are fewer and fewer reasons to actually go to games.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

They were saying something similar on Stink's show yesterday, but I'm not necessarily 100% sold on the bad football angle. I think that's part of it.

But in my mind, the two bigger factors were how badly they botched the starting QB situation, and the fact that Chargers fans fill excess seats worse than just about any opposing fanbase.

I think most local fans will pay at least something to take the opportunity to watch Lock grow and build some hope for the future. The prospect of a known stopgap fueling bad football against a bad team was probably the biggest difference in why that no show number was so high.
                        Don;t know if you remember but there use to be like 100 no shows and they were booed. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                          This is not unique to the Broncos. The NFL and really all professional sports as a whole have a real problem brewing and I don't see a solution in the near future. Everyone has a big screen now. Everyone has a smart phone. It's 70 degrees and comfortable watching on one's couch. No traffic, no overpriced tickets, parking, concessions or bathroom lines. Etc. No risk of a DUI.

Combine all that with the horrible product most teams put out there along with the neutered atmosphere teams are fostering in their stadiums nowadays (sit down! no yelling! no cheering too loud!) and there are fewer and fewer reasons to actually go to games.
                          The Ravens have had 7-12K no shows every week this season. Its def not unique to poor W/L records.

Comment

You guys think my line of thinking with this FO is the minority cause there’s just a few of us here who want him gone. Reality is there’s many in this fanbase across the country who think the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

The Ravens have had 7-12K no shows every week this season. Its def not unique to poor W/L records.
                              How about all their years? Other fanbases haven’t been like Denver. What’s the norm for other teams hasn’t been the norm for Denver over the decades.

one question solves it. If this team was 8-3 would those seat be filled? Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X