John Elway MUST FIRE Rich Scangarello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

The thought never should have entered his mind.
    He should have a play dialed up for that situation.
    He did, but it was a jet sweep with Noah Fant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
      Why is Davonte Booker still on the team?
      Theo Riddick is still on IR

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

L. O. L.
        Yeah, some cheeses!ck crap behind the LOS.

Comment

Comment

lulz

Comment

lol friggen lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

To be fair, I wasn’t thinking about that era of football. A lot of coaches did that back then. I was more referring to offenses over the past couple decades.
                I am old. I know it. First game I can still remember watching is GB - Colt, 1965, OT playoff game, Tom Matte QB, Don Chandler missed the FG but it was good. I was pretty young.

Here is a trivia question. What was the team with the best record which did not make the playoffs. Wins and Percentage. Hint: you have to go back to 14 game season. Second twist: Which is the team in the 16 game era.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

I am old. I know it. First game I can still remember watching is GB - Colt, 1965, OT playoff game, Tom Matte QB, Don Chandler missed the FG but it was good. I was pretty young.

Here is a trivia question. What was the team with the best record which did not make the playoffs. Wins and Percentage. Hint: you have to go back to 14 game season. Second twist: Which is the team in the 16 game era.
                  In the 16 game era, I believe it was the patriots w/ 11-5 record Matt Cassell was the qb.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                    In the 16 game era, I believe it was the patriots w/ 11-5 record Matt Cassell was the qb.
                    Broncos in 1985 were also 11-5 and did not make the playoffs.

Also I think there may have been a team in the 60s like the Vikings or something that only had one loss and did not make the playoffs.

I think they had a bunch of ties or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Asking the HC if he wants to take a knee is a bit different from calling a kneel down before being overruled.
                      Yes it is. To go for it that way HAS to be Fangio’s call. Scangerello is just making an assumption, and not necessarily making the call. Fangio knows he worded his post game response very poorly, thus he had to clarify it.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Yes it is. To go for it that way HAS to be Fangio’s call. Scangerello is just making an assumption, and not necessarily making the call. Fangio knows he worded his post game response very poorly, thus he had to clarify it.
                        Any other OC would have assumed the same especially the way fangio has been calling defense on 3rd and 14 with just 3 men rush, giving up easy first downs. He made me think John fox was an aggressive coach.

Comment

• So can we change the title of the thread because Scag might actually know what he is doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

What were the good things? The best play of the day was Lock going against Scangs' dog **** play-calling.
                            It’s been verified by Fangio that he did no such thing. He said it was a play that he had the option to change the route(s). Orlando Franklin and Sandy Clough also said today that what Lock did was nothing more than an audible; it just that he did it in the huddle, and it’s not uncommon. What they were laughing at was how reluctant Flacco was do the same thing during a game, which is a separate argument.

If Fangio thinks all the problems with the offense are because of Scangerello, he will fire him at season end. And no, Elway won’t interfere; it’s in Fangio’s contract. If Elway has no problems with letting his good friend Kubiak leave the organization to go to the Vikings because Elway didn’t want his cronies to come with him, then he certainly isn’t going to force his coach to keep somebody that he doesn’t want. That is assuming he doesn’t want him, which we don’t know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos786 View Post

Any other OC would have assumed the same especially the way fangio has been calling defense on 3rd and 14 with just 3 men rush, giving up easy first downs. He made me think John fox was an aggressive coach.
                              This is a completely made up narrative. The three man rushes have not led to lots of easy 1st downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

There are two teams involved in that one. The 1985 Broncos, and the 2008 Patriots when Tom Brady blew his knee out first game of season. Both teams were 11-5, and missed the playoffs. IIRC, the Browns won their division in 1985 with an 8-8 record.

Comment

Working...
                                X