Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Elway MUST FIRE Rich Scangarello

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not real impressed with most of the offensive playcalling today, but way too late in the season to start firing OCs. Let's wait and see what happens over the last few games.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by yerner View Post

      right now, yep. coaches do get better though.
      The issue to me is that he hasn't gotten any better throughout his first season. That's a problem.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by OABB View Post
        Fire the secondary coach too
        Wait what? Our Secondary is full of other teams cut players and still playing better than average. They are killing it!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

          College playbooks are a third of the size of NFL playbook and that is without relearning the verbiage.
          He'll be fine.
          This fake, WCO crap needs to go. It's embarrassing.
          Lock needs a real O coordinator.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

            The issue to me is that he hasn't gotten any better throughout his first season. That's a problem.
            Look at the two QB he worked with, before Lock. Both are ****. This game plan was design for a rookie making his first start with 3 days of practice. Hopefully it will expand a little in the next 4 weeks as they move forward.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

              The issue to me is that he hasn't gotten any better throughout his first season. That's a problem.
              i'm not defending him. it looks bleak. i thought the last five minutes of the first half today were abhorrent. still, scrangs is a first time play caller. they knew he'd have a learning curve. i'm just saying i get why it would be fair to give him another year with a real young qb to put in his system and get the right players for it to fit.

              Comment


              • #22
                When you start a different QB weekly and have the same peter out result every week in the second half, it is coaching. So the offensive calls are too conservative which they are and the opposing teams are making solid adjustments which they are but we are staying the same course. We never throw teams off balance.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

                  Look at the two QB he worked with, before Lock. Both are ****. This game plan was design for a rookie making his first start with 3 days of practice. Hopefully it will expand a little in the next 4 weeks as they move forward.
                  After Lock started out by lighting the Chargers up, a good OC would've adjusted his game plan and gotten more aggressive. Instead they dumped a bucket of ice water on a hot QB because of some trash gameplan that was worth less than a wet fart. There's really no defense for it. Sorry.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

                    After Lock started out by lighting the Chargers up, a good OC would've adjusted his game plan and gotten more aggressive. Instead they dumped a bucket of ice water on a hot QB because of some trash gameplan that was worth less than a wet fart. There's really no defense for it. Sorry.
                    Yeah, totally should have thrown it 50 times today, with a first time rookie QB, and definitely not lean on a run game and supposedly shut down defense that are the strong points of the team.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rugbythug View Post

                      Wait what? Our Secondary is full of other teams cut players and still playing better than average. They are killing it!
                      And our DL/LB front is missing it’s two best players. And other than Risen, the other 4 OL are either JAGS or worse. Other than Sutton and Lindsay there are no other stars on offense other than rookie Fant, and the chargers took him out of the game, or Lock just missed him. Heuerman is a JAG at best, but actually was adequate today. The QB is a rookie that fell to the 2nd round for a reason...he had a lot to learn. But this is the Mane, where some seem just as pissed off with a win, as they do a loss.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

                        Yeah, totally should have thrown it 50 times today, with a first time rookie QB, and definitely not lean on a run game and supposedly shut down defense that are the strong points of the team.
                        How about not jerking Lock around by wasting half his passing attempts on crappy screens and dumpoffs? How about the season is already over so just let the kid play his style of football, which is not whatever the **** they were calling today. Lock is at his best throwing downfield, not dumping it off constantly. Also, how about we don't run on nearly every 1st down? Jesus you're a dip****.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

                          Yeah, totally should have thrown it 50 times today, with a first time rookie QB, and definitely not lean on a run game and supposedly shut down defense that are the strong points of the team.
                          Because it can only be either 30 or less throws or 50 throws...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

                            After Lock started out by lighting the Chargers up, a good OC would've adjusted his game plan and gotten more aggressive. Instead they dumped a bucket of ice water on a hot QB because of some trash gameplan that was worth less than a wet fart. There's really no defense for it. Sorry.
                            I would be surprised if at max there was 40 to 50 pass plays installed vs the 100 they usually install. Teams come in with limited number of plays each week and rookie QB usually get less.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

                              I would be surprised if at max there was 40 to 50 pass plays installed vs the 100 they usually install. Teams come in with limited number of plays each week and rookie QB usually get less.
                              It would surprise me. Lock isn't nearly as rudimentary as some seem to think.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                                It would surprise me. Lock isn't nearly as rudimentary as some seem to think.
                                Drew Lock is a very stable genius.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X