John Elway MUST FIRE Rich Scangarello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

So sez the resident pussy. Everyone knows you're the most thin skinned person on this Board. **** off and mind your own business, I wasn't talking to you.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	giphy.gif Views:	0 Size:	4.22 MB ID:	2530452

look at you. All mad.......

I love how you call someone thin skinned in a rage post. So precious!

Comment

• Originally posted by rugbythug View Post

Wait what? Our Secondary is full of other teams cut players and still playing better than average. They are killing it!
      Killing it as in missing reads and leaving guys wide open for big plays multiple times a game maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by OmegaBronco13 View Post

I'm seeing this as well. I don't think he's sold on Lock. I don't think he wants to make changes based on the local media know-it-alls either. The team needs consistency and a chance to grow. Need to make sure the best players are getting on the field.
        Thank you for posting on my overall point, and not some bull**** "gotcha point" to support a narrative. Like I said, if Fangio thinks the problem is Scangs, then he can fire him. If he doesn't, and he thinks the main problem is personnel, then he can bring it up to Elway at the end of season.

Being an old school defensive coach, he probably isn't sold on Lock to the extent that he really didn't want to play him this year, but has no choice now, really. I'm sure he sees and knows that the kid has potential, but OTOH also knows potential can get you fired, as they say. Hopefully, Lock will do enough in the next 4 games to have Fangio completely sold enough to declare him next year's starter at season end. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Another quality post. Will read again.

Comment

• Well wonder if how long Elway will last. That is the key there. As really if he knew how to play QB, he needs to pick QB's there!

Comment

• Scangerello can't walk on water and the OM wants him fired after one season!

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

The OC of his choosing was Kubiak, as he said so in his intro PC. When Kubes insisted on bringing his cronies with him like Dennison, Barone, etc, Elway told him no. Kubiak got mad and left for the Vikings. Does Elway want the Shanny based WCO as one consistent offense for the team, especially when your coach is defensive minded? Yes, absolutely. I have no doubt that the two of them talked and came to an agreement about finding someone who can replace Kubiak, but provide the same system.

You can bash the decision all you want, but no other system has brought the Broncos a SB Trophy. Elway knows it can still be successful with the right personnel and coach, and Shanny Jr is proving that. McVey was proving also until the SB, and Goff got paid. McVey didn't all of a sudden forget how to call plays, things happen.

However, if Fangio agrees with most on this thread that Scangerello is the problem rather than the personnel, than he can/will fire him because it's in his contract, and the thing I've learned the past month or so, is that Fangio is nobody's puppet. If he wants to make changes on that side of the ball, he'll do it. If he doesn't, then he's basically saying it's a personnel problem more than it is a coaching problem.
                I’m not certain Kubiak was Fangio’s choice, even if that is what was said at his press conference. I honestly don’t know.

It’s become very apparent Elway micromanages all aspects of the team. His position should be general manager, not dictator. I just think that if you want someone to cook you dinner, you at least should let them buy the groceries.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

I’m not certain Kubiak was Fangio’s choice, even if that is what was said at his press conference. I honestly don’t know.

It’s become very apparent Elway micromanages all aspects of the team. His position should be general manager, not dictator. I just think that if you want someone to cook you dinner, you at least should let them buy the groceries.
                  IMO Kubiak to OC was being considered before any HC was even hired. We got that from sources and the media. It’s why there weren’t ANY SERIOUS offensive coaching candidates in the search. Kyle was never even a thought because Elway had a plan for Kubiak, as well as Kyle wants more control. The micro meddler pushed the OC on the 2nd defensive minded HC in a few years. You think VJ pined for McCoy? He put on a great face for him in that offseason. Then VJ fired McCoy after only a few games. Elway and Kubiak couldn’t square it cause Gary demanded his guys with him. So Elway went and got the close cousin to the system in Scangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

IMO Kubiak to OC was being considered before any HC was even hired. We got that from sources and the media. It’s why there weren’t ANY SERIOUS offensive coaching candidates in the search. Kyle was never even a thought because Elway had a plan for Kubiak, as well as Kyle wants more control. The micro meddler pushed the OC on the 2nd defensive minded HC in a few years. You think VJ pined for McCoy? He put on a great face for him in that offseason. Then VJ fired McCoy after only a few games. Elway and Kubiak couldn’t square it cause Gary demanded his guys with him. So Elway went and got the close cousin to the system in Scangs.
                    Dmac brought up an interesting scenario on the radio tonight. Matt Nagy gets fired at seasons end. Which probably will happen. Rivera who was just fired a few hours ago, gets the HC job in CHI.
                    Nagy becomes DEN's new OC when Vic puts his foot down and says Scangerleio was not my guy to Elway and demands Nagy. Which would be a perfect fit for Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

His exact quote at the PC was "If Gary Kubiak is interested, I am interested."

Did Elway also want that to happen? Of course. But what he didn't want is Kubiak's cronies that he would want on his staff, thus the breakup. When that happened, Scangerello was probably the compromise.

Comment

• Before Fangio was even hired:

When the Broncos fired Joseph, and before Vic Fangio was hired, the buzz was that whomever John Elway hired to be the 17th head coach in franchise history, that next guy would be saddled with Kubiak as his offensive coordinator. On Black Monday, just hours after Joseph was jettisoned, Elway stood at the podium at Dove Valley and acknowledged that Kubiak wanted to get back into coaching and that the Broncos were looking to find him a role “on the offensive side”.

denial that he wasn’t being considered by Elway BEFORE an HC hire is extremely naive.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Dmac brought up an interesting scenario on the radio tonight. Matt Nagy gets fired at seasons end. Which probably will happen. Rivera who was just fired a few hours ago, gets the HC job in CHI.
                          Nagy becomes DEN's new OC when Vic puts his foot down and says Scangerleio was not my guy to Elway and demands Nagy. Which would be a perfect fit for Lock.
                          It would be OK with me, if that's what the coach really wants, but it's Dmac, so no chance in hell it really happens. But it would be just like Chicago to blame their woes on the coach rather than the QB they selected. Nagy had no input on that draft pick, but that's the league.

I actually wouldn't mind if Elway/Fangio calls Jay Gruden and asks him if he wants to either be OC, or possibly a title like what Kubiak has in Minny--Assistant HC, Offense. He's familiar with the system, and can help Scangerello with playcalling and game planning. Just not sure he would want to coach in the same division as his brother. Besides, John Gruden may hire him his self for all we know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Before Fangio was even hired:

When the Broncos fired Joseph, and before Vic Fangio was hired, the buzz was that whomever John Elway hired to be the 17th head coach in franchise history, that next guy would be saddled with Kubiak as his offensive coordinator. On Black Monday, just hours after Joseph was jettisoned, Elway stood at the podium at Dove Valley and acknowledged that Kubiak wanted to get back into coaching and that the Broncos were looking to find him a role “on the offensive side”.

denial that he wasn’t being considered by Elway BEFORE an HC hire is extremely naive.
                            It's not naive, it's revisionist. Elway honks love their revisionism.

Comment

• I can’t see Nagy being fired this year.

next year if it’s a bad season then sure

Comment

• ha. fangio putting his foot down against elway. tell me how that goes for him.

this is so silly, scrangarello is staying unless fangio and elway just don't think he's talented. i doubt that's even a consideration right now.

plus, scrangarello and fangio have the same agent. that's a pretty solid relationship to have in the nfl.

Comment

Working...
                                X