Broncos Screen Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Screen Game

We keep running several screens every single week. To my memory we have not made one work yet. We have to be one of the worst screen teams in the history of the league. Not sure what it is but somehow we are tipping the lineman off. I wish they would just scrap the entire concept for a few games. For every screen call just throw a seam pass or delayed hand off. Anything would be better.

I think they need to keep doing it, to keep defenses honest and slow down the blitz. Even if they aren’t successful it does help the lineman.

Comment

The screen plays have been too slow to develop and the blocking is non existent. To be that bad, my guess is the rookie OC does not know how to practice these plays and teach the players how to execute them properly. I've heard NFL people say Andy Reid spends a lot of time in practice teaching every detail for each block in his screen game. I doubt this is the case with this offense.

Comment

The screen game doesn’t usually work if the opposing defense is crowding the line with no fear of downfield passes against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          The screen game doesn’t usually work if the opposing defense is crowding the line with no fear of downfield passes against them.
          Also the way our oline normally pass blocks is like a screen so there is no way to surprise dlinemen

Comment

That’s pretty much it. I’ve seen screens called with 10 defenders up in there.

earlier in the year Flacco would just dirt the balls to the RBs feet.

every defense can see them coming.

what’s even worse than the screens are the run plays to the TE. Multiple ones this year. Every time a fail.

Comment

I think we had 1 screen pass work this game. The rest probably lost -20 yards or more.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                I think we had 1 screen pass work this game. The rest probably lost -20 yards or more.
                And we ran waaaay too many of them. That was seriously one of the worst offensive gameplans I've ever seen.

Comment

I miss the days of DT breaking a screen for 20+ yards, and scoring a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                    I miss the days of DT breaking a screen for 20+ yards, and scoring a TD.
                    Which only worked because teams were concerned about passes in all areas of the field.

Comment

Which only worked because teams were concerned about passes in all areas of the field.
                      Sutton double coveraged with Knuckles Hamilton and Swivel Head Fant, I just can’t fathom how teams can’t respect our air attack...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                          Wait, do we seriously throw the most screens in the league?

Comment

We just don't have the line personnel to make screen passes work, nor do we have an experienced enough OC to create other ways in terms of looks and schemes to be effective.
                            The screen passes we've seen so far have been a carbon copy of previous ones, and that's what Polumbus is saying, we keep doing it just to see if it works, even if no variation has been thrown in to the mix.

Comment

Our OC doesn't understand NFL football. The O will improve when he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X