All signs pointing to Drew Lock starting...finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All signs pointing to Drew Lock starting...finally

He's definitely got the Beeber hair going...

Comment

Like all of Broncos Country, I’m hoping he flashes and gives us true hope. I wasn’t his biggest fan after the draft, but I’m willing to give him a chance. Sounds like the veteran players are behind him. Let’s hope they tailor the offense to help him out. Good luck, Drew Lock!

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
        Like all of Broncos Country, I’m hoping he flashes and gives us true hope. I wasn’t his biggest fan after the draft, but I’m willing to give him a chance. Sounds like the veteran players are behind him. Let’s hope they tailor the offense to help him out. Good luck, Drew Lock!
        Scangerlio is really the issue here. He needs to get out of his own way with Lock.
        I guess all we can hope for is he continues to call the offense he was calling with Allen in there. It's disgustingly bad, but that's all we can hope for at this point.

Comment

Open the offense up with more college concepts to help Lock succeed and let’s go!!!

Comment

this has been missing since Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

this has been missing since Manning.
              Erhardt-Perkins
              Just bring back Peyton and let him run the offense with Drew. Tell the old man to run the defense.
              I bet it improves dramatically in 2 weeks.

Comment

I'm expecting massive struggles in these five games with a little improvement in each one. I also expect him to learn from these mistakes and come back in 2020 much improved.

However, it is possible that he comes out better than that. What if he has a 5 games stretch like Watson's first 5 starts? 1200 yards, 14 TDs, 4 ints, 2 rushing TDs. Now that would get fans excited.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Erhardt-Perkins
                  Just bring back Peyton and let him run the offense with Drew. Tell the old man to run the defense.
                  I bet it improves dramatically in 2 weeks.
                  Sometime in the future we will see behind the scenes of the atmosphere back in 2014-15 between what went down with Manning/Gase/Elway etc. Manning is a complete pro that doesn’t let the drama get out of locker rooms. But mid 2014 after that Rams/Dolphins games it wasn’t the same on offense and hasn’t been since. I know Manning was old haggled and burnt up 2015 but the philosophy changed in a week from then on and Manning didn’t have the same aura. He looked bummed all the time with no fire after that offense was forced, then set in stone when Kubiak arrived. Manning IMO won’t come to Denver in a working capacity as long as Elway is here. He will always put on a good positive relationship. the offense has crumbled from the time Elway meddled into the OCs head, until today.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    I'm expecting massive struggles in these five games with a little improvement in each one. I also expect him to learn from these mistakes and come back in 2020 much improved.

However, it is possible that he comes out better than that. What if he has a 5 games stretch like Watson's first 5 starts? 1200 yards, 14 TDs, 4 ints, 2 rushing TDs. Now that would get fans excited.

im just expecting more than 4.8 inches per play.

thats not too much to ask for.

Watson did that with the worst OL in football. When I say worst, I mean an OL full of Bolles Brains with Meniliks technique. They were HORRENDOUS. That’s impressive.

Comment

Scangerlio is really the issue here. He needs to get out of his own way with Lock.
                      I guess all we can hope for is he continues to call the offense he was calling with Allen in there. It's disgustingly bad, but that's all we can hope for at this point.
                      It's going to be interesting to see what Scags does. Zone-read concepts with Lock and Lindsay could be highly entertaining, Run some tempo, work some mismatches with Fant and a ILB. Have some fun. But I'm fully expecting more of the same meh. At least the Allen era is over.

Comment

I am not expecting a whole lot of anything.

If this coaching staff has a lick of sense, they'll adjust the scheme to Lock's abilities and try to make him comfortable.

Next year is where I want to see some improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Sometime in the future we will see behind the scenes of the atmosphere back in 2014-15 between what went down with Manning/Gase/Elway etc. Manning is a complete pro that doesn’t let the drama get out of locker rooms. But mid 2014 after that Rams/Dolphins games it wasn’t the same on offense and hasn’t been since. I know Manning was old haggled and burnt up 2015 but the philosophy changed in a week from then on and Manning didn’t have the same aura. He looked bummed all the time with no fire after that offense was forced, then set in stone when Kubiak arrived. Manning IMO won’t come to Denver in a working capacity as long as Elway is here. He will always put on a good positive relationship but the offense has crumbled from the time Elway meddled into the OCs head, until today.
                          I know. If only Elway would just go away to his bottle and the improvements would be almost immediate.
                          Could you guys imagine Peyton running the offense with a rocket armed Drew Lock?
                          Sutton-Patrick-Lindsey-Freeman-Fant-Fumagalli. Weapons galore. Hell, I bet Winfree suddenly becomes a threat.
                          Peyton would have a field day immersing Lock with his mastermind offense schemes.
                          Bad O line? Not a problem. Peyton teaching Lock to get the ball out like he did so quick it doesn't matter. It's all there for a coordinator with some real understanding of NFL defenses, who knows how to scheme all week and prepare a game plan.
                          Imagine how happy Drew Lock would be. How engaged he would be. Imagine how the locker room attitude would change. Imagine how the accountability would skyrocket with a guy like Manning roaming the halls of Dove Valley again. Expecting everyone to be......perfect.
                          Oh well.

Comment

I know. If only Elway would just go away to his bottle and the improvements would be almost immediate.
                            Could you guys imagine Peyton running the offense with a rocket armed Drew Lock?
                            Sutton-Patrick-Lindsey-Freeman-Fant-Fumagalli. Weapons galore. Hell, I bet Winfree suddenly becomes a threat.
                            Peyton would have a field day immersing Lock with his mastermind offense schemes.
                            Bad O line? Not a problem. Peyton teaching Lock to get the ball out like he did so quick it doesn't matter. It's all there for a coordinator with some real understanding of NFL defenses, who knows how to scheme all week and prepare a game plan.
                            Imagine how happy Drew Lock would be. How engaged he would be. Imagine how the locker room attitude would change. Imagine how the accountability would skyrocket with a guy like Manning roaming the halls of Dove Valley again. Expecting everyone to be......perfect.
                            Oh well.
                            So you think the Scheme made Manning? I don't even know what to say. If that were the case why wouldn't every team just switch to that scheme and destroy. Manning made that offense by changing the plays on the fly to exploit the defense. That is a unique skill which has not been duplicated to that level by any other QB. There are some who do it more than others but none to the extent that Peyton did. You put a rookie QB in the same scheme who is not Manning and you get the 2011 Colts (2-14 first pick in the Draft)

Comment

I think Lock’s best friend will still be getting Lindsay rolling, that being said I’m interested to see how Lock deals with two things.

1. We really don’t have a deep ball threat since we dumped Sanders. Lock excels at the deep ball, so who now runs these routes for the Broncos?
                              2. The return of Derwin James. The dude is really, really good and it will be interesting to see the chess game between Lock and James. James should have the advantage at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X