Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happened to Marcus Mariota?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what happened to Marcus Mariota?

    This is an excellent analysis of Mariota's situation. I mostly agree. Although the impact of his injuries on his career is hard to evaluate -- I still think Mariota could be very successful on a team built around his skill set. The obvious example is how Baltimore re-organized their offense around Lamar Jackson.

    I seriously doubt, however, that Elway and Co could repeat in Denver with Mariota what the coaches in Baltimore have achieved with Lamar.

    https://youtu.be/AZcprypiFks

  • #2
    Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
    This is an excellent analysis of Mariota's situation. I mostly agree. Although the impact of his injuries on his career is hard to evaluate -- I still think Mariota could be very successful on a team built around his skill set. The obvious example is how Baltimore re-organized their offense around Lamar Jackson.

    I seriously doubt, however, that Elway and Co could repeat in Denver with Mariota what the coaches in Baltimore have achieved with Lamar.

    https://youtu.be/AZcprypiFks
    Just call John Elway. He’s got Marcus scheduled for a visit Jan 2nd.

    Comment


    • #3
      He sucks, sucked, and will suck. Never thought he was a SB team leading Qb player.

      Comment


      • #4
        He was never that good to begin with was the issue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nah, Marcus is YEARS away from entering his prime. Gonna be Eli, Phyllis Rivers, or Flacco in 2020. Book it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
            He was never that good to begin with was the issue.
            He led Oregon to the national championship game -- blowing out numerous teams along the way. Oregon's loss in that final game to Ohio State had nothing to do with Mariota.

            Comment


            • #7
              Just more proof, to the extent we even needed it, of how hard it is to draft and develop QB's. 2015 draft, Winston and Mariota go 1-2, both are struggling. 2016 draft, Goff and Wentz go 1-2, both are struggling (although I think Wentz can recover). 2017 draft, Trubisky goes 2, struggling. 2018 draft, Mayfield and Darnold go 1-3, both have had their struggles (although far too early to give up on either of them). Notice a pattern here? And these guys were all top 3 picks! It's hard, people. Even with a very high pick.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                He was never that good to begin with was the issue.
                He was considered an elite prospect. Let's not re-write history here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                  He was considered an elite prospect. Let's not re-write history here.
                  Don't want to speak for him, but I think Dui is referring to his NFL time, not college. I could be wrong though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

                    He led Oregon to the national championship game -- blowing out numerous teams along the way. Oregon's loss in that final game to Ohio State had nothing to do with Mariota.
                    What does that have to do with him not being a good pro QB?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                      He was considered an elite prospect. Let's not re-write history here.
                      He wouldn't be the first elite prospect to not pan out. I dont think I need to go into all the Ryan Leafs and other elite prospects that didnt make the jump.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tim Tebow in his first year of starting won a playoff game until we give him a chance to start and design a O around him I am a no go for Mariota

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Carson Wentz's career is going south like Mariota's...Or as Goddell says "Marioto"..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            Just more proof, to the extent we even needed it, of how hard it is to draft and develop QB's. 2015 draft, Winston and Mariota go 1-2, both are struggling. 2016 draft, Goff and Wentz go 1-2, both are struggling (although I think Wentz can recover). 2017 draft, Trubisky goes 2, struggling. 2018 draft, Mayfield and Darnold go 1-3, both have had their struggles (although far too early to give up on either of them). Notice a pattern here? And these guys were all top 3 picks! It's hard, people. Even with a very high pick.
                            32 teams in the league. 23 of which have QBs I consider are at the least average to elite.

                            forcing a system on every QB who comes here is the problem. You think Lamar does what he’s doing now here? No way. He’d be forced under center in an offense he’s not comfortable with = struggle to develop QBs. Is it hard to find QBs? OK. Does this FO make it even harder by being narrow minded about what a QB looks like, along with only one system? Elway is a ****ing idiot and his dumbass QB model/system is one reason why it’s hard.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                              32 teams in the league. 23 of which have QBs I consider are at the least average to elite.

                              forcing a system on every QB who comes here is the problem. You think Lamar does what he’s doing now here? No way. He’d be forced under center in an offense he’s not comfortable with = struggle to develop QBs. Is it hard to find QBs? OK. Does this FO make it even harder by being narrow minded about what a QB looks like, along with only one system? Elway is a ****ing idiot and his dumbass QB model/system is one reason why it’s hard.
                              Truth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X