X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOF Top 25 Semi-finalist Power Rankings

Atwater #2!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews

2) Steve Atwater, safety (Denver Broncos, 1989-1998; New York Jets, 1999): I hate to keep harping on this, but if you haven't seen Atwater blow up Christian Okoye on Monday Night Football in 1990, then you haven't seen anything. The hit was akin to Ice Cube taking out Deebo during the climactic scene of Friday. If I'm not mistaken, Okoye was never the same after that.

atwater accomplished so much more than just that hit.......kind of a lame write up looking at all the other candidates.

Comment

I’ve gotten really sick of watching safeties that couldn’t carry Atwater’s jock get into the HoF before him in recent years, so I hope he finally gets in. I’m not holding my breath though.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
        atwater accomplished so much more than just that hit.......kind of a lame write up looking at all the other candidates.
        Lighten up. The guy listed him at 2, obviously he recognizes he did a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          Atwater #2!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n=trendingNews

2) Steve Atwater, safety (Denver Broncos, 1989-1998; New York Jets, 1999): I hate to keep harping on this, but if you haven't seen Atwater blow up Christian Okoye on Monday Night Football in 1990, then you haven't seen anything. The hit was akin to Ice Cube taking out Deebo during the climactic scene of Friday. If I'm not mistaken, Okoye was never the same after that.
          I'd say more like Ice Cube ending NWA's run with No Vaseline, the greatest diss song ever. One guy killed the "World's most Dangerous Group," with one song. lol

Comment

I expected to see a list of the 25 finalists.
            the NFL is going to ADD 20 new members to the HOF to honor the 100th year, along with 5 current candidates.
            I think atwater will be one of those 20.
            troy P and ed reed should go in as well first ballot, jmho !

Comment

ed reed already in. troy was just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                I expected to see a list of the 25 finalists.
                the NFL is going to ADD 20 new members to the HOF to honor the 100th year, along with 5 current candidates.
                I think atwater will be one of those 20.
                It's not 20 and 5, it's 20 total. The 20 will be 5 from the list of semi finalists, 10 senior candidates, 3 contributors and 2 coaches.

Atwater will need to be one of the 5 from this list because he isn't eligible as a senior, contributor or coach.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosjf View Post

It's not 20 and 5, it's 20 total. The 20 will be 5 from the list of semi finalists, 10 senior candidates, 3 contributors and 2 coaches.

Atwater will need to be one of the 5 from this list because he isn't eligible as a senior, contributor or coach.
                  thank you for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

thank you for the clarification
                    No problem. The 20 inductee exception this year is really about trying to clear some of the backlog in the senior candidates. There are a lot of deserving players that didn't necessarily make it the first time around and that number gets bigger and bigger every year, so this is a really great opportunity to catch up a little bit. Unfortunately, it doesn't help any of the modern candidates like Atwater who should have been enshrined a long time ago.

Comment

Just wait until Peter King breaks it down and Atwater will be toast..

Comment

Working...
                      X