Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.Denver 515 , 2. Chicago 368

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1.Denver 515 , 2. Chicago 368

    Enough with people acting like we're not the team to beat. That is the most dominant stat ive ever seen by the most dominant offense ever. But dont worry, we'll get our respect eventually. We'll be talking about this team for a generation. That's total pts btw thru 13 games.

  • #2
    We do deserve a lot of respect. I think the reason we're not getting as much as some would like is another number: 345.

    Comment


    • #3
      The last time a team with a big time offense won the superbowl.


      2009 Super Bowl Champions

      Scored 510 points (31.9/g), 1st of 32 in the NFL.
      Allowed 341 points (21.3/g), 20th.
      Differential of 169 points (10.6/g), 1st.


      (pro football ref)

      comparison
      Record: 11-2-0, Currently 1st place in AFC West Division

      Scored 515 points (39.6/g), 1st of 32 in the NFL.
      Allowed 345 points (26.5/g), 25th.
      Differential of 170 points (13.1/g), 1st.
      Expected W-L: 9.4-3.6.
      3 games remaining, avg opp win %: 0.308

      Comment


      • #4
        Sigh. I think "people" respect the Broncos and consider them a top contender for the Super Bowl.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          We do deserve a lot of respect. I think the reason we're not getting as much as some would like is another number: 345.
          How much respect would these 'some' like? How much would you yourself like? What form would it come in? More empty talking heads saying the words 'Denver Broncos'? Better Vegas odds?

          Comment


          • #6
            I understand what the OP was TRYING to say. We have the best Vegas odds, but the media seems to want to crown Seattle, San Francisco or New Orleans (whichever team comes out of the NFC)...

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not defending the defensive performance thus far, but that 345 needs a little perspective. How many points are off short fields due to turnovers/crappy ST play?

              Comment


              • #8
                last time I checked, the defense and special teams were required to play too.
                ask dan fouts to show you his superbowl rings.
                His O dominated the NFL when he played too.
                I love my broncos, our broncos, but I am not taking the ranch deed to vegas any time soon.
                If we shut out the chargers this week, I may take it out of the safe and look at the deed.
                maybe... with a shut-out... no turnovers... and a great special teams performance...
                "martha, what's the combination to our safe? "

                Comment


                • #9
                  it's our D yo... We couldn't stop Betty White at QB or Blanche at RB.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                    I understand what the OP was TRYING to say. We have the best Vegas odds, but the media seems to want to crown Seattle, San Francisco or New Orleans (whichever team comes out of the NFC)...
                    Most "media" think that PFM will take our broncos to the SB. those same talking heads still have doubts about PFM's ability to perform in the cold and WINDY meadowlands.
                    Otrher than frisco seattle and nawlins, the rest of the NFC is pretty mediocre, or like the packers, missing vital components.
                    for now, I will be happy to outscore the chargers on thursday.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                      last time I checked, the defense and special teams were required to play too.
                      ask dan fouts to show you his superbowl rings.
                      His O dominated the NFL when he played too.
                      I love my broncos, our broncos, but I am not taking the ranch deed to vegas any time soon.
                      If we shut out the chargers this week, I may take it out of the safe and look at the deed.
                      maybe... with a shut-out... no turnovers... and a great special teams performance...
                      "martha, what's the combination to our safe? "

                      Its all Champ Bailey fault, right.

                      Go make me a sandwich.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                        I understand what the OP was TRYING to say. We have the best Vegas odds, but the media seems to want to crown Seattle, San Francisco or New Orleans (whichever team comes out of the NFC)...
                        Classic east coast bias.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For me I'm still very optimistic. We've lost 2 games (both on the road) by a total of 9 points. Think about it. 11 points more and you're talking about an undefeated team through 13 games. Considering all of our injuries, this team has played great thus far and I believe has what it takes to win it all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lost in all of this is the revelation that CHEF LUIGI's wife's name is Martha.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd like if Broncos fans believed we could win the SB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X