Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Good point about HIPAA, but I believe the standard NFL player contract waives at least some HIPAA provisions.

I've been like everybody else castigating this monumental Juwanna-slob waste of money, but there is another viewpoint ... this guy singles out Vic "you kids get off my lawn" Fangio:

https://1043thefan.com/2085444/vic-f...him-there/amp/
    "“I’ve played football a long time; I’ve played through pain,” James said on Tuesday, when he opened up to the media for the first time about his situation. “But this was something way different. This was my knee giving out on me when I’m on the field and just buckling on me. That’s way different than pain.”

That certainly doesn’t sound like a mental hurdle. That’s a physical issue.

Nonetheless, the Broncos training staff cleared James to play. And Fangio was expecting him to be on the field.

The right tackle had a different game plan, however. He was thinking long-term.

“That (instability) was the biggest thing for me,” James explained. “After talking to (the doctors), they were like, ‘This thing just needs time to heal. We don’t want to do surgery right now. Let it try to heal over and scar over and you should be fine, hopefully in the offseason.’”

That seems like a reasonable response. If a player can avoid going under the knife, that’s always the best course of action. And getting healthy before returning to the field is also the prudent path.

So why didn’t Fangio provide that information to the media? Why didn’t the head coach say that they’re trying to let the injuries heal naturally, hoping it will be in time to be this season? Why didn’t he say the team was content with letting James get back to normal and be ready in 2020 and beyond?

That would’ve been honest. That would’ve been protecting his player.

Instead, Fangio tried to bully his high-priced right tackle onto the field, chucking him under the bus in the process. And when the backlash came, the head coach didn’t do anything to clarify the situation or defend James."
    Last edited by BroncoBuff; 12-26-2019, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Greek needs to build him a bionic knee so he can be the best RT that ever played in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

Meniscus injuries can be difficult to nail down and identify without actual surgery. An MRI will only tell so much.

when I had my knee injury, they knew there was a problem with the meniscus, but until they went in to do surgery on my ACL they didn't think so It was too serious, and it turned out to be torn and detached. I had a MRI, and the hospital was known for its sports medicine.

It's easy to say "the doctors are terrible", but it's not as easy as playing Dr. Mario. They can give their best guess on a lot of things, but often it is just an educated guess.
    Yep, which is why Im never too critical of the medical staff or the player in these situations. Plus, no 2 injuries are the same. Im pretty sure I have a slightly torn meniscus and labrum, but I can do everything I want to with minimal limitations, so why would I even get an MRI. Symptoms are often more important than any test they do.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
    So either they missed a meniscus injury, or he injured it later. Either way, I have a hard time with keyboard heroes that have no medical knowledge criticizing a medical staff or a player without all the information. I don't even trust the coaches have full knowledge of the situation.
    Meniscus injuries can be difficult to nail down and identify without actual surgery. An MRI will only tell so much.

when I had my knee injury, they knew there was a problem with the meniscus, but until they went in to do surgery on my ACL they didn't think so It was too serious, and it turned out to be torn and detached. I had a MRI, and the hospital was known for its sports medicine.

It's easy to say "the doctors are terrible", but it's not as easy as playing Dr. Mario. They can give their best guess on a lot of things, but often it is just an educated guess.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

Because any doctor who knows enough about the situation to have a relevant opinion would lose his job by sharing that opinion because of Hipaa because they are involved with the case. Any other doctor knows that they don't have the relevant information
    price isn’t one to let reality get in the way of his crazy narratives.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    I haven't heard an opinion from any doctor saying James can't play. Not even from a 2nd opinion. I don't believe him. I believe doctors. And that's exactly why Broncos contend he can play.
    Because any doctor who knows enough about the situation to have a relevant opinion would lose his job by sharing that opinion because of Hipaa because they are involved with the case. Any other doctor knows that they don't have the relevant information

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    I haven't heard an opinion from any doctor saying James can't play. Not even from a 2nd opinion. I don't believe him. I believe doctors. And that's exactly why Broncos contend he can play.
    Wait, you’re expecting to hear from doctors regarding James’ status? Rofl...

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied

Leave a comment:

• elsid13
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

There’s been plenty of examples where players sandbag and pretend with injuries. Shouldn’t be so easy to think every player is truthful. Some players are soft. JT and James are examples of that IMO.
    Really? You are pushing a urban myth if you believe players are faking injuries in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    So either they missed a meniscus injury, or he injured it later. Either way, I have a hard time with keyboard heroes that have no medical knowledge criticizing a medical staff or a player without all the information. I don't even trust the coaches have full knowledge of the situation.
    And it’s not like the medical staffs of the Broncos and other teams aren’t wrong fairly often. Trent Williams nearly died because he had faith in an NFL medical staff.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Jhabvala has proven that she'll give a platform to anybody who will badmouth the organization. Doctor's say James can play without re-injuring his knee and I believe them. I don't believe James. Neither does anyone else in the Broncos organization, including the FO, the coaches, and the players.
    So your take is the guy shouldn’t have a platform? I swear, the **** you say...

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Jhabvala has proven that she'll give a platform to anybody who will badmouth the organization. Doctor's say James can play without re-injuring his knee and I believe them. I don't believe James. Neither does anyone else in the Broncos organization, including the FO, the coaches, and the players.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Just another hit piece from Jhabvala. James looked just fine is his only half of football this year. Doctor's say he's not injured.
    Reporting James’ side of things isn’t a hit piece, dumbass.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Just another hit piece from Jhabvala. James looked just fine is his only half of football this year. Doctor's say he's not injured.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X