X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yerner
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Make of it what you will, but McGovern is rated a fair bit higher than Paradis this year by PFF. Yes, I know, PFF is not really reliable, but it’s still interesting.

its going to come down what the number is for McGovern. I dont think he is worth being paid paradis or even close to that money.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Make of it what you will, but McGovern is rated a fair bit higher than Paradis this year by PFF. Yes, I know, PFF is not really reliable, but it’s still interesting.
    That is interesting. I always thought McGovern was a bust-in-waiting cuz they sat him for what, two years?

Leave a comment:

• kappys
    replied
    May be fair, I lost interest in the Panthers after Cam went down and haven't watched much of them recently. He was playing really well early in the year at least but wouldn't be surprised if he dropped off especially given their QB situation.

That said Mcgovern is really pretty good as a pass blocker. His run blocking stinks but now that we have Lock he has a lot more value than he did previously.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    I think you mean Paradis.

All Matt did was start every game anchoring that Super Bowl O-line in 2015. Started all 16 the next two years until the ankle injury. I don't know how bad the injury was but John couldda cut him a little slack.

Cooper Carlisle started every raiders game for 6 years after we let him go, and Lichtensteiger started 5 or 6 years for the Redskins after we cut him, although Shanny was the head coach there and he drafted Kory.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by kappys View Post

Paradis is the only one I regret, at $9 mil PA he would have been well worth it and I won't be surprised if we end up paying Mcgovern something similar for lower quality play.

Beadles only made the pro bowl once, as an alternate with the Broncos. Ben Garland, Schofield, and Sambraillo are still playing too but are any of them really better than Bolles or even Wilkinson?
    The Chargers have been playing Schofield at guard and I guess he's doing good there, at least he's been a consistent starter for the Chargers at the guard position.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Good points. Lichtensteiger was a big regret.
    He has had a **** year in Carolina though relative to his time here. 3 sacks allowed and 2 penalties. McGovern has allowed 1 sack and had 0 penalties.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied

Paradis is the only one I regret, at $9 mil PA he would have been well worth it and I won't be surprised if we end up paying Mcgovern something similar for lower quality play.

Beadles only made the pro bowl once, as an alternate with the Broncos. Ben Garland, Schofield, and Sambraillo are still playing too but are any of them really better than Bolles or even Wilkinson?
    Good points. Lichtensteiger was a big regret.

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

Reasonable to question his injury past. I would like to hear Schlereth weigh on this injury and the ability to play on it. He certainly fought through a significant amount of issues and still played. Don't like it but not ready to give up on him. There seems to be no middle ground here with all the expertise that is commenting.
    it's elways fault he signed him to that money. either way, dude is a big man that moves. he's an actual real talent. watch his snaps this year. by far the best line guy we have talent wise. risner and him is a good start finally.

Leave a comment:

• kappys
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Chris Clark too remember ... he had a brief hot run there in 2013 maybe, and we paid him a ton. He crapped out right after that.

This franchise has a history of cutting loose offensive lineman that catch on elsewhere and play a long time. Clark still playing, Okung and Franklin both played awhile, Zane Beadles went to a pro bowl or two after he left, Cooper Carlisle, Kory Lichtensteiger, even Tyler Polumbus to some extent. And now Matt Paradis.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied

We never realized how good we had it with Orlando franklin
    Chris Clark too remember ... he had a brief hot run there in 2013 maybe, and we paid him a ton. He crapped out right after that.

This franchise has a history of cutting loose offensive lineman that catch on elsewhere and play a long time. Clark still playing, Okung and Franklin both played awhile, Zane Beadles went to a pro bowl or two after he left, Cooper Carlisle, Kory Lichtensteiger, even Tyler Polumbus to some extent. And now Matt Paradis.

Leave a comment:

• manchambo
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
    I hope he is a demon to rushers next year.

He certainly didn't need to be in there hurting himself worse in a losing season. Not like he would have turned our flaming garbage bin tank into a playoff team with Flacco commanding the tank anyway.
    I agree with this. I know we're all supposed to be rabid, but it my knee was iffy I might well do the same thing in a lost season.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    I hope he is a demon to rushers next year.

He certainly didn't need to be in there hurting himself worse in a losing season. Not like he would have turned our flaming garbage bin tank into a playoff team with Flacco commanding the tank anyway.

Leave a comment:

• dsmoot
    replied
    Originally posted by yerner View Post
    you guys have decided to gang bang this guy i guess. he's pretty good when he plays. mcl's and knee ligaments are tricky.
    Reasonable to question his injury past. I would like to hear Schlereth weigh on this injury and the ability to play on it. He certainly fought through a significant amount of issues and still played. Don't like it but not ready to give up on him. There seems to be no middle ground here with all the expertise that is commenting.

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    you guys have decided to gang bang this guy i guess. he's pretty good when he plays. mcl's and knee ligaments are tricky.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X