Juwanna James not emotionally ready to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yerner View Post
    dude just doesn't feel right, pretty common in knee injuries, you tough guys should give the broncos a call.
    Tell him to rub some dirt on it and do his job. Be a man, not a little girl. Juwann James is a sissy.

Comment

What do you think, does he make it through the entire game??

Comment

I can’t remember a player I hated more than this puss.

Comment

Mental midget

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-ways-blog-graphic.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	2532013

Name:	41hIls%2BYHkL.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	2532014

Name:	hsm-ad-2.jpg?1567330797.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	2532015

Comment

Played the first half, we went up 31-3, OL looks MUCH better with him in the lineup. Hope he can stay healthy next year.

Comment

Was off the field for the sack Wilkinson gave up. Dude needs to be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                  Was off the field for the sack Wilkinson gave up. Dude needs to be in there.
                  Yup for the cash he is making he needs to be a fulltime player. Seems to have a lot of the Eric Fisher syndrome where is scared to play at times.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Yup for the cash he is making he needs to be a fulltime player. Seems to have a lot of the Eric Fisher syndrome where is scared to play at times.
                    I wonder if he has anxiety or something. Odd how he has issues every other year:
                    2014: started 16 games
                    2015: started 7 games
                    2016: started 16 games
                    2017: started 8 games
                    2018: started 15 games
                    2019: started games (so far)

If the pattern holds, he should be a full time starter for us next year!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

I wonder if he has anxiety or something. Odd how he has issues every other year:
                      2014: started 16 games
                      2015: started 7 games
                      2016: started 16 games
                      2017: started 8 games
                      2018: started 15 games
                      2019: started games (so far)

If the pattern holds, he should be a full time starter for us next year!
                      Yeah maybe he has anxiety on what to do with his excess money.

Comment

Regardless how we feel about his missed time and various issues, there is no denying that he is a massive upgrade at Right Tackle over anything else we have on the roster. I hope he can stay healthy and mentally engaged for the remainder of the year and into the 2020 season. We are already going to be looking for Leary's replacement, and possibly and upgrade for McGovern. I'd prefer not to have to over-haul the entire O-line again this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                          Regardless how we feel about his missed time and various issues, there is no denying that he is a massive upgrade at Right Tackle over anything else we have on the roster. I hope he can stay healthy and mentally engaged for the remainder of the year and into the 2020 season. We are already going to be looking for Leary's replacement, and possibly and upgrade for McGovern. I'd prefer not to have to over-haul the entire O-line again this off-season.
                          His contract is guaranteed next year. He will be the RT. My hope is they draft an LT early, and an OG late. Bolles takes over at RG and can move to RT if James gets injured, then hopefully the OG drafted can fil in for Bolles. Gives a chance to evaluate Bolles at OG and possibly RT.

Comment

A lot of internet tough guys who know how an NFL lineman coming off injury issues should feel mentally. Not sure how anyone could follow sports for any amount of time and think getting a big contract equals a lasting sense of security and peace for an athlete.

Dude has played well when healthy but struggled with injuries. Big new contract came with big expectations to prove himself at his craft in a new place. Going into game 1 with those pressures and then immediately getting injured again would be a blow to anyone. Working his way back to play again this year and then getting hurt again? How would that not have some psychological toll, especially as fans and media grow more critical of his signing?

So yeah, I don't think you have to resort to calling him weak or a coward to understand some of the factors that made this second return from injury this season a bit more difficult for him. Sure a big contract gives him security in some important areas of his life, but as a pro athlete a huge amount of his self image and confidence is going to be based on proving himself on the field. Constant injuries have to have him scared about losing that part of his life. These guys are human, no matter how much money they've banked in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

His contract is guaranteed next year. He will be the RT. My hope is they draft an LT early, and an OG late. Bolles takes over at RG and can move to RT if James gets injured, then hopefully the OG drafted can fil in for Bolles. Gives a chance to evaluate Bolles at OG and possibly RT.
                              On paper, I like the idea of Bolles at Right Guard. You want a nasty road grader type player at that position to open up the run game. It would allow him to leverage more of his heart-over-head style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

On paper, I like the idea of Bolles at Right Guard. You want a nasty road grader type player at that position to open up the run game. It would allow him to leverage more of his heart-over-head style of play.
                                And you could upgrade 2 positions with 1 draft pick and very little money. He is also athletic enough to be a pretty good pulling guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X