What to do with a top 5 pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allen C View Post
    Unless we have pick 2 or 3 then Burrow, Young and Thomas are most likely gone before we pick. If we stay at our draft position then I think we have 4 possibilities and none of them are LT. Derrick Brown, Okudah, AJ Epenesa, Isaiah Simmons
    I don't see a very likely scenario of getting higher than 4. Hopefully a team falls in love with a 2nd QB prospect and trades up with the Redskins to take him, leaving Thomas for Denver

Comment

Myles Garrett has been dominated by Bolles twice in the last 2 seasons. Clowney is legit he's not a classic edge guy he just blows up plays all along the defensive line. The reason Clowney will struggle to get paid what he's worth is because of his injury history not because he doesnt put up the sack numbers. He pressures and hits the QB at a very high level.

Comment

Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
        Myles Garrett has been dominated by Bolles twice in the last 2 seasons. Clowney is legit he's not a classic edge guy he just blows up plays all along the defensive line. The reason Clowney will struggle to get paid what he's worth is because of his injury history not because he doesnt put up the sack numbers. He pressures and hits the QB at a very high level.
        When he wants to play hard he’s the best in the NFL. Like twice a season.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

I don't see a very likely scenario of getting higher than 4. Hopefully a team falls in love with a 2nd QB prospect and trades up with the Redskins to take him, leaving Thomas for Denver
          I really don't see any of the top 3 wanting to trade back as the top 3 prospects are needs for the top 3 teams right now. Cincy needs Burrow, NYG need a DE, Washington needs a LT

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I really don't see any of the top 3 wanting to trade back as the top 3 prospects are needs for the top 3 teams right now. Cincy needs Burrow, NYG need a DE, Washington needs a LT
            Agreed. I don't see any of those teams with a better record than Denver either. Who knows what happens after the combine though

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
              As future prospects, they probably ranked

1. Myles Garrett (consensus #1)
              2. Jadeveon Clowney (likely #1)
              3. Chase Young (top 2 or 3)
              4. Von Miller (top 5)

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post

As future prospects, they probably ranked

1. Myles Garrett (consensus #1)
                2. Jadeveon Clowney (likely #1)
                3. Chase Young (top 2 or 3)
                4. Von Miller (top 5)
                I tend to agree, although this is impacted by who else is in the draft. For example, if you take Burrow out of this year's draft then Young is a very likely #1.

Comment

I tend to agree, although this is impacted by who else is in the draft. For example, if you take Burrow out of this year's draft then Young is a very likely #1.
                  True. I would like to see prospect grades for all the past years. I think Garrett had NFL.com’s highest grade under their new system while Andrew Luck was rated the highest on their old system.

Comment

Same thing with Cam and Von

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post
                      Unless we have pick 2 or 3 then Burrow, Young and Thomas are most likely gone before we pick. If we stay at our draft position then I think we have 4 possibilities and none of them are LT. Derrick Brown, Okudah, AJ Epenesa, Isaiah Simmons
                      Wirfs is a definite possibility imo. Also if Lock sucks hard to finish the season, Herbert almost certainly will be considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

I haven't seen Young play yet (I know). Is he more suited for 3-4 OLB or 4-3 WDE?
                        He can play either but he's probably better equipped to be a 3-4 OLB who rushes with his hand on the ground in obvious passing situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

He can play either but he's probably better equipped to be a 3-4 OLB who rushes with his hand on the ground in obvious passing situations.
                          That would make him better suited as a 4-3 DE. 3-4 OLBs don’t rush with there hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Wirfs is a definite possibility imo. Also if Lock sucks hard to finish the season, Herbert almost certainly will be considered.
                            I don't know about Wirfs as a top 5 pick. He's mainly played RT and theres still Leatherwood, Prince Tega, Austin Jackson, Trey Adams, Alaric Jackson, Calvin Throckmorton who could be had either later in the 1st or early 2nd. I haven't watched enough film on CBs yet to tell if I think Okudah is worth a top pick 5 but right now if we are sitting inside the top 5 and don't trade back I want either Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa if Thomas is gone. We need Line help on both sides of the ball. We could be losing Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis this off-season although I expect Wolfe and Harris to be brought back we still need a NT. Purcell has been a great find but Brown is 10 x more talented when it comes to a pass rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I don't know about Wirfs as a top 5 pick. He's mainly played RT and theres still Leatherwood, Prince Tega, Austin Jackson, Trey Adams, Alaric Jackson, Calvin Throckmorton who could be had either later in the 1st or early 2nd. I haven't watched enough film on CBs yet to tell if I think Okudah is worth a top pick 5 but right now if we are sitting inside the top 5 and don't trade back I want either Derrick Brown or AJ Epenesa if Thomas is gone. We need Line help on both sides of the ball. We could be losing Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis this off-season although I expect Wolfe and Harris to be brought back we still need a NT. Purcell has been a great find but Brown is 10 x more talented when it comes to a pass rush.
                              We do need help on both sides but not as badly as we do on Oline. Even if Lock doesn’t pan out they’ll still need to address it to have any resemblance of a NFL offense. If Lock does prove himself then You’ll need to definitely fix the Oline. I could see Elway taking Oline with the first couple picks.

Comment

• It kinda depends, is Lock worth a damm? If only there was a way to find out.........

Comment

Working...
                                X