No announcement yet.

What to do with a top 5 pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 is pretty much out of the question. There is absolutely no way the Bengals are trading down from #1.

#2 is a possibility and that gives us the best case scenario. This allows you to throw out that Chase Young is going #2, who wants him? You'll get multiple first round picks, and if you're lucky, it's going to be a team that sucks in 2021.

If we're 5th, I think you pick Andrew Thomas (LT) or Jeffrey Okudah (CB), if available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
      #1 is pretty much out of the question. There is absolutely no way the Bengals are trading down from #1.

#2 is a possibility and that gives us the best case scenario. This allows you to throw out that Chase Young is going #2, who wants him? You'll get multiple first round picks, and if you're lucky, it's going to be a team that sucks in 2021.

If we're 5th, I think you pick Andrew Thomas (LT) or Jeffrey Okudah (CB), if available.
      At #2 we probably should just take Young ourselves. Von’s time in Denver will be over soon, and Young is the best player in this draft. He’s as close to a guaranteed HoFer as you can get in the draft honestly.

Comment

... trade it for a huge fast food franchise.

Comment

burroghs the presumed #1 ?
          He still has a chance at injury.

Comment

With Elway making he call, who knows? The higher the pick, the less Dewar’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
              Aga, if the Broncos had the #1 pick, what would it take for you to not select Joe Burrow?
              If you think that Drew Lock is the answer...

Comment

We all could play 'what if' all day long. Bengals will have #1 pick and are taking Burrow. Let's move on to discussions about what's a real possibility. I think Young is gone right after Burrow so then it's just what teams will be there ahead of us and what they're targeting, which is tough to call because they have many holes to fill. I really really hope the Thomas is sitting there when the Broncos pick. That's who I think will have the biggest immediate impact next year.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post

If you think that Drew Lock is the answer...
                  that would be one hell of an answer to hide under a shrowd of secrecy.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    We all could play 'what if' all day long. Bengals will have #1 pick and are taking Burrow. Let's move on to discussions about what's a real possibility. I think Young is gone right after Burrow so then it's just what teams will be there ahead of us and what they're targeting, which is tough to call because they have many holes to fill. I really really hope the Thomas is sitting there when the Broncos pick. That's who I think will have the biggest immediate impact next year.
                    Nothing is really set in stone yet. Last year at this time people were still saying Kyler was playing baseball. 2 years ago people were adamant that Baker wasn't worth a 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Nothing is really set in stone yet. Last year at this time people were still saying Kyler was playing baseball. 2 years ago people were adamant that Baker wasn't worth a 1st.
                      Yep. And there are some in scouting circles who don’t like Burrow that much as he’s not really amazing physically and he’s only had one great college season. The question is what the teams ahead of us think of him, not what most people think of him. If they don’t love him they may be willing to trade down. You never know.

Comment

1. Burrow
                        2. Thomas
                        3. Young (or trade for a team that wants Young)
                        4. Brown (need DL help and to replace Wolfe)
                        5. Trade down if you can get a good enough return
                        6. Okudah
                        7. Wirfs

Looks like there are a bunch of WR prospects, probably can get one in the second round. Not sure I like investing a high pick on WR with no QB or OL. We already have Sutton that is underused because of no QB, and used a 1st on a receiving target Fant last year.

I left Tua out of the equation because I'm not sure how healthy he'll be.

Comment

Elway will take Tua because he’s the one who’s injured. And then have him sit behind Flacco/Dalton/Eli next year because he’s not quite “ready”.

Comment

Thomas, Okudah and Jeudy would all be excellent picks if were picking 4 or 5 and would be starters from day 1. Thomas would solve the Bolles problem, Okudah would give us a legit outside corner rather than pay a 31 year old Chiris Harris 15m per year and Jeudy would form probably the best young WR duo in football with Courtland Sutton and added too hopefully a much more improved and consistent Noah Fant would give Lock some speed and explosion at the skill positions. If Tua recovers and passes all the medical questions i would gladly take Tua with our first rounder. I dont think i have ever seen a college QB with his laser accuracy and i get that Steve Young vibe when i see him throw the ball might just be because there both lefty's.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                              1. Burrow
                              2. Thomas
                              3. Young (or trade for a team that wants Young)
                              4. Brown (need DL help and to replace Wolfe)
                              5. Trade down if you can get a good enough return
                              6. Okudah
                              7. Wirfs

Looks like there are a bunch of WR prospects, probably can get one in the second round. Not sure I like investing a high pick on WR with no QB or OL. We already have Sutton that is underused because of no QB, and used a 1st on a receiving target Fant last year.

I left Tua out of the equation because I'm not sure how healthy he'll be.
                              Yeah, a WR in the top 10 is for a team that has a QB and a decent OT situation. If we go WR that high I’ll lose my ****.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

At this time last year, Drew Lock was being picked to go #1 overall in half the mocks. Haskins or Lock.

Comment

Working...
                                X