Trevathan is the New Defensive Play-Caller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevathan is the New Defensive Play-Caller

In the midst of all the Defensive shuffling against the Titans, a massive shift has happened. Many of the Broncos Defensive mainstays rotated with backups, or even became backups themselves. Lost in the decoy of JDR's clever face-saving shell game, two players switched sides. A new Defensive play-caller has emerged.

Danny Trevathan now wears the green dot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It&#39;s funny that folks doubted me all my life. Now what it is?!?! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thatgrindlife&amp;src=hash">#thatgrind life</a></p>&mdash; Danny Trevathan (@Grindin_59) <a href="https://twitter.com/Grindin_59/statuses/409877332774486019">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Something good is worth the wait.</p>&mdash; Danny Trevathan (@Grindin_59) <a href="https://twitter.com/Grindin_59/statuses/410217943696306176">December 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Danny Trevathan has been playing lights out all year." - Chris Harris

Trevathan is the new MIKE, switching sides with Woodyard (who rotated at WLB for most of the game with Lenon). Can Trev pull an injury riddled Defense together for a Superbowl run? Will the shakeup prove to be too much for a team with injuries to key veterans? Should JDR have made the move sooner? How does Wood respond?

Or does everything change back to the way it was this Thursday against the Chargers?

<IFRAME id=rufous-sandbox style="DISPLAY: none" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME> <SCRIPT src="https://syndication.twitter.com/tweets.json?ids=409877332774486019%2C4102179436963 06176&lang=en&callback=twttr.tfw.callbacks.cb0&sup press_response_codes=true" async="async"></SCRIPT>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pricejj; 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM.

U

Comment

Glad we aren't sitting on a normal game plan and seeing what works. With this type of offense, we do have that luxury.

Comment

Let's hope for the sake of our Broncos this Is not something that lasts very long. Let's hope for WW to get well.

This is the same as sealing our fate...I'm afraid.

Comment

It appears that Hamrob is an optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
            It appears that Hamrob is an optimist.
            I think Hamrob has made it clear he isn't a fan of Danny T.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
              Where does it say he's switching to Mike randomly midseason?
              Wood yard can't play mike? Its definitely bizzare

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                Where does it say he's switching to Mike randomly midseason?

All year, Trevathan has played on the right side (WLB). Against the Titans, Trevathan played mostly on the left side (MIKE), with either Lenon or Woodyard on the right at WLB.

I believe Fox and JDR chose to make the switch due to a combination of factors.
                1. Wood's neck isn't getting a chance to heal completely. On the outside (with some time off) hopefully he can get back to full health.
                2. Trevathan has been making more plays, is better in coverage, and is bigger. In Dime looks, with only one LB on the field, the obvious choice is Trevathan.
                3. Maybe they wanted to do it sooner, but didn't want such a big disruption against the 3rd quarter schedule gauntlet.

Or maybe they will switch back against the Chargers...who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                  I think Hamrob has made it clear he isn't a fan of Danny T.
                  Not saying you... but there have been a lot of those types... crying cause we took Brock instead of that kid from tampa

Comment

Kinda like the Ravens shakeup last year when they fired OC Cam Cameron on December 10th, and re-arranged the OL with 3 weeks left in the season.

It's all about getting the most productive guys on the field. Fox and JDR are pulling out all stops, because this is their only chance. The window is closing. Mix-up personnel, add some wrinkles to the scheme, attack the Offense in different ways, shuffle weaknesses.

Ultimately, find a winning combo and generate intensity heading into the playoff run. Superbowl or bust.

Comment

Good to see Danny flourishing in our D. He has been consistently good all year. I couldn't DVR this game so I don't remember him playing MLB vs Titans.

Again it is nice that our staff is working to keep these guys fresh for the playoff run as we still lock up the 1st seed.

Comment

Isn't Trevathan a little bigger than Woodyard? Because in that case it makes sense for him to play MIKE and move WW back to the WILL. Add in WW has been battling the injury and it is beneficial for him to be spelled a little more now so he is healthy for the playoffs. In my opinion it is better for Woodyard to play less now in games that aren't as big so he is ready and healthy to contribute when the games truly count.

Comment

I'm so confused about this whole Woodyard situation. Only the locker room really knows what's going on.

Comment

FWIIW, Vic Lombardi seems to think this is more of a demotion for Woodyard, than it is shuffling guys around for health reasons, or whatever. He said he bases it on his conversations with the guys in the lockeroom.

Idk what it is, but JDR knows he's got some serious leaks in his defense, and he needs to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              FWIIW, Vic Lombardi seems to think this is more of a demotion for Woodyard, than it is shuffling guys around for health reasons, or whatever. He said he bases it on his conversations with the guys in the lockeroom.

Idk what it is, but JDR knows he's got some serious leaks in his defense, and he needs to do something.
                              Weird how it went from Woodyard is the heart of this D to now he's expendable after kicking ass all last year. Guess we're not planning to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                              X