X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Super Bowl Rules

Wow....this is getting ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...r-bowl-stadium

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Forget about setting up those kegs or buffet tables in the parking lot before this season's Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium. There will be no tailgating, according to the game's committee CEO, Al Kelly.

There will be only three ways for the expected 80,000 ticket holders to get to the game. The committee will charter buses called the Fan Express, which will cost $51 and pick up and drop off passengers at nine locations around the region. Fans can also take N.J. Transit to the MetLife Stadium stop or be dropped off by vehicles that must have parking passes. There will be fewer than 13,000 parking spots available for fans.

Terrorism works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
      There will be only three ways for the expected 80,000 ticket holders.
      80,000 / 3 = 26,666

A lot of action.

Comment

Glad I'll be watching from home, then

Comment

Be funny if no one showed up to freeze their asses off

Comment

"Aw, hell naw!"

Comment

While this game has been about nothing but money for a few decades, the NFL is finally giving up on pretending that it is about the fans. They are a dealer and we are the addicts.

Comment

Hasn't the no tailgate rule been in place for the last couple years at the SB?

Comment

Part of the damn reason to go to a game is the tailgating. WTF kind of **** is that?

Comment

Stop the crying guys, Lets be honest, the majority of ticket holders to the game are the corporate types that are not interested in the game at all.. Kind of like sports authority has become.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                      Part of the damn reason to go to a game is the tailgating. WTF kind of **** is that?
                      It is so that they can create a "secure" perimeter around the stadium. That way nobody makes a WMD out of a crock pot.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                        Kind of like sports authority has become.
                        Someone clearly didn't attend the game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
                          "Aw, hell naw!"

We may be a trashy, dying city... But there is nothing like a Bills fan tailgate before watching your team mail it in at Ralph Wilson stadium...

No tailgate at Super Bowl?? **** you NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                            It is so that they can create a "secure" perimeter around the stadium. That way nobody makes a WMD out of a crock pot.
                            I hope there are no Chiefs fans killing each other in the parking lots at the Super Bowl... They might still be pissed after a 1 and done, after all, they're Defense was better than the 2000 Ravens...

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                              Someone clearly didn't attend the game yesterday.
                              I agree with this sentiment. I was a season ticket holder at the old Mile High in 93 & 94 and remember the craziness and loud stadium well.

I attended the KC game this year for the first time at the new stadium and braced myself for the "wine and cheese" crowd that I heard so many on here bitch about. I thought we were plenty noisy and the crowd was definitely into that game and appeared to be yesterday as well. It may not be as rowdy as the old stadium but we certainly have a solid HFA at Sports Authority IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X