Will Elway take Justin Herbert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Aztec...the bet look HORRIBLE right now.

I agree with you about the spread....I would think alot of money is going to come in on the Denver side of that....just a little surprising that the number was that tall to open.
    Hard to say any division game is a trap game but it's going to be the same circumstances Houston faced going into the Denver game. Just coming off an emotional win vs. the defending champs. It's going to be as motivated a Broncos team as you'll get all year, the team loves Drew and will go to war for him to get that hometown win. Of course, KC is the more talented team, playing at home, and has dominated Denver (along with the other two divisional rivals) in recent years. Still, 11.5 is definitely a bad number.

Comment

....upon a little further reflection.....as a Mizzou fan, I’ve seen Lock and MU do this before, and then I’ve also seen in person, Drew Lock lead 8 consecutive 3 and outs at home VS Kentucky.
      Zero, if you watch every drop back from this Houston game, it will be pretty clear to you that the guy is just a better, more developed football player than he was this time last year. I say this as someone who was one of the more vocal anti-Lock Denver fans coming into the draft. This is not the guy I saw melting down under fire at critical moments against the big boys while at Mizzou.

It speaks to an interesting dynamic in how we as football fans evaluate college prospects. We break these guys down meticulously, identify every strength and weakness and REALLY dig into the weaknesses. We know exactly what they need to do to improve and become good NFL players. And then...we just forget or take for granted that they actually can make those improvements. We're overly cautious in our evaluations and work backwards from the idea that the players WON'T make it because so-and-so.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

Lol! IF the Broncos even take a QB at all this coming draft, it will be after the 2nd rd, imo.
        I don't think they'll take any QB in any round. They have Rypien for developmental and Allen is an RFA as the career backup level guys. Lock is showing that Herbert (or any 1st round QB) isn't needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Zero, if you watch every drop back from this Houston game, it will be pretty clear to you that the guy is just a better, more developed football player than he was this time last year. I say this as someone who was one of the more vocal anti-Lock Denver fans coming into the draft. This is not the guy I saw melting down under fire at critical moments against the big boys while at Mizzou.

It speaks to an interesting dynamic in how we as football fans evaluate college prospects. We break these guys down meticulously, identify every strength and weakness and REALLY dig into the weaknesses. We know exactly what they need to do to improve and become good NFL players. And then...we just forget or take for granted that they actually can make those improvements. We're overly cautious in our evaluations and work backwards from the idea that the players WON'T make it because so-and-so.
          ...I would add that because the fail rate is high, if all anyone ever did was pick fails, they’d be right more often and that might influence an eval.

I think you’ve read my stuff here about how wrong I admit I was in Lamar. I’m open minded to drawing new conclusions when new information comes along. Lock has certainly outperformed what I had thought he’d be capable of to this point. And if this continues, I won’t cling to a thought or bad idea because I am fighting for a narrative of mine. I’m pretty sure I’m wrong based on the two games, but I’m not ready to call it yet.

When I showed up to brag on Mahomes, it wasn’t draft day, it wasn’t after pre season week 1, but only after two preseasons full of spectacular plays and a regular season game of spectacular throws. I had seen enough to make a call. If Lock comes to KC and looks good again, I’ll be ready to concede that I was wrong. If he plays a meh game but lights it up the final two, I’ll concede. I want to see it a few more times.

When/if the time comes to make that call, I’ll eat crow, pay bets, and move on to the next thing.

Cant wait for this next game!

Comment

...I would add that because the fail rate is high, if all anyone ever did was pick fails, they’d be right more often and that might influence an eval.

I think you’ve read my stuff here about how wrong I admit I was in Lamar. I’m open minded to drawing new conclusions when new information comes along. Lock has certainly outperformed what I had thought he’d be capable of to this point. And if this continues, I won’t cling to a thought or bad idea because I am fighting for a narrative of mine. I’m pretty sure I’m wrong based on the two games, but I’m not ready to call it yet.

When I showed up to brag on Mahomes, it wasn’t draft day, it wasn’t after pre season week 1, but only after two preseasons full of spectacular plays and a regular season game of spectacular throws. I had seen enough to make a call. If Lock comes to KC and looks good again, I’ll be ready to concede that I was wrong. If he plays a meh game but lights it up the final two, I’ll concede. I want to see it a few more times.

When/if the time comes to make that call, I’ll eat crow, pay bets, and move on to the next thing.

Cant wait for this next game!
            Go to bed Gary.

Comment

• Even if Lock implodes down the stretch I imagine they’ve seen enough “good”
              to buy him a full season next year as the guy. There’s other more pressing needs to fill.

Comment

• Stokely on The Fan right now.
                “Oh boy! QB is off the board for next year. Lock obliterated that notion yesterday. Elway will draft positional players around Drew going forward.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

I don't think they'll take any QB in any round. They have Rypien for developmental and Allen is an RFA as the career backup level guys. Lock is showing that Herbert (or any 1st round QB) isn't needed.
                  Dump Rypien bring in T Jackson for develpment

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                    Stokely on The Fan right now.
                    “Oh boy! QB is off the board for next year. Lock obliterated that notion yesterday. Elway will draft positional players around Drew going forward.”
                    Hopefully by this statement Stokely means OL... and don't ever forget about the defense

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      I think we can probably safely say Elway isn’t going draft Herbert at this point, lol.
                      He drafted 1 of his crushes from last season. They did extensive work on Herbert and Lock. The value on Lock looks insane right now by getting him in the 2nd.

Comment

• At this point, we can have an affordable and cheap if you will, quarterback team, if we can get rid of Flacco.
                        Allen is perfect for a back up. He’s worth keeping. And speaking of keeping, if we’re going to keep 3 QBs, Rypien is a guy I’d love to keep.
                        I want to see him play in preseason, but I hate to see him waste away being another young guy.
                        If he has potential, let him try elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X