Will Elway take Justin Herbert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Elway take Justin Herbert?

It’s looking like we will have no real shot at Burrow or Tua, so I’m left wondering if Elway will go after Herbert. Herbert is essentially the ultimate Elway QB prospect after all. He is also a bit better coming out of college than Lock, and Elway only really took Lock after he fell quite a long way (suggesting he’s not all-in on Lock). What do you guys think? Will Elway be able to pass on his wet dream, unicorn-giraffe QB?

I won't have an opinion until I see some YouTube highlight videos.

Comment

1. No
      2. Sheesh
      3. Half the season left, and we're still auditioning two potential QBs
      4. No

Comment

So you guys don’t see Herbert as perfectly fitting the mold of what Elway loves at QB? You don’t think he’ll be sorely tempted if he has a shot at Herbert?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          So you guys don’t see Herbert as perfectly fitting the mold of what Elway loves at QB? You don’t think he’ll be sorely tempted if he has a shot at Herbert?
          It would mean an admittance that 2019s decision for Lock was a fail. Elways ego is too big to admit fail. Think 2021 QBs at the top of the draft(where they’ll be picking again if Elway is still here).

Comment

Do I want the Broncos to take him? No

Was Herbert Elway’s “guy” last year until Herbert decided to stay in school one more year? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

It would mean an admittance that 2019s decision for Lock was a fail. Elways ego is too big to admit fail. Think 2021 QBs at the top of the draft(where they’ll be picking again if Elway is still here).
              Lock wasn’t a 1st rounder which, in the NFL, means he’s not really expected to be a franchise QB. I don’t necessarily agree that Elway would see it as admitting he was wrong, since he didn’t invest a 1st rounder on him. But you might be right. Herbert is basically what Elway dreams of when it comes to QB, so I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll take him if he falls to us.

Comment

So first of all, as somebody mentioned, still 7 games to go. We don't know if we will see Lock and if we do, what does he show. Do any of the other QB's on the roster other than Lock and Flacco show anything. But I don't think anybody expect Lock to look like a superstar playing a handful of games in his rookie year. So I could totally see Elway picking a QB early in the draft. Until you have your guy, you keep taking a swing at it.

That said, I don't think the Broncos use a 1st rounder on a QB next year, I just don't. I think with Paying Flacco next year, Lock still in the mix, so many other important holes to fill, I don't see it. But I do expect Elway to grab a QB in the 2nd or 3rd for insurance.

Comment

Lock wasn’t a 1st rounder which, in the NFL, means he’s not really expected to be a franchise QB. I don’t necessarily agree that Elway would see it as admitting he was wrong, since he didn’t invest a 1st rounder on him. But you might be right. Herbert is basically what Elway dreams of when it comes to QB, so I have a sneaking suspicion he’ll take him if he falls to us.
                  Falls to us? I don't expect Herbert to go higher than 15, and that's a push.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

Falls to us? I don't expect Herbert to go higher than 15, and that's a push.
                    It could happen but I doubt it. Herbert is widely seen as a top 10 prospect. Players always fall though, so who knows?

Comment

Yes, I think it's more likely than not.

Comment

He's had a boner for Herbert for a long time. If he's not the pick, assuming he's available, then that means Elway saw something he really liked in Allen or Lock this season. I wouldn't count on it. Then again, he could try to bring on Eli, Dalton, Cam, or some other vet retread instead. Just to be safe, I'm preparing for the worst, lol. He might even try to run it back with Flacco next year, pointless as that would be.

Comment

anything can happen. But as you say Lock isn’t a 1st rounder. Next year will be halfway through his contract without knowing who he is. So starting in 2020 would be the normal route. If you draft a QB that high in the 1st round next draft you have to commit and play him at the least first 2 years. Like every other team in the league does. That would also mean Lock isn’t playing and would be traded or gone after his contract is up without even playing any full seasons.

Comment

I don't think we take a QB next year. The only reason they traded up to grab Lock in the 2nd is because they had a 1st Rd grade on him and he was still available.

We desperately need OL help or it doesn't matter who the QB is. I'm all for drafting a LT in Rd 1 and a C in Rd 2.

Comment

anything can happen. But as you say Lock isn’t a 1st rounder. Next year will be halfway through his contract without knowing who he is. So starting in 2020 would be the normal route. If you draft a QB that high in the 1st round next draft you have to commit and play him at the least first 2 years. Like every other team in the league does. That would also mean Lock isn’t playing and would be traded or gone after his contract is up without even playing any full seasons.
                              If they draft Herbert they’ll sit him for a year behind a trash bag vet, or at least they’ll try to. It’s the Elway way. And yes I would expect him to trade Lock away for pennies since he’s clearly scared of QB controversies.

Comment

Working...
                              X