X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know what Ataxia is?

📌For those that dont know...

I am Ryan and I have Ataxia.

Ataxia is a degenerative disease of the nervous system. Many symptoms of Ataxia mimic those of being drunk, such as slurred speech, stumbling, falling, and incoordination. These symptoms are caused by damage to the cerebellum, the part of the brain that is responsible for coordinating movement.

People affected by Ataxia may experience problems with using their fingers and hands, arms, legs, walking, speaking or moving their eyes. Ataxia affects people of all ages. Age of symptom-onset can vary widely, from childhood to late-adulthood. Complications from the disease are serious and oftentimes debilitating. Some types of Ataxia can lead to an early death.
    I want to officially announce my participation in the 535 mile ride from Houston to New Orleans this coming May.

https://charity.gofundme.com/…/cam…/tour-du-rouge-535-miles…

I do not see Ataxia as a source of shame, but an opportunity to share my experience in hopes of educating and inspiring others about it. Earlier this year I walked a marathon to help raise awareness for Ataxia and to show people what they are capable of.

At this point in my life, I realize that walking is not really safe for me, as I fall a lot. So my next endeavor is a bicycle race, where I don’t have that worry. My hope is to continue raising awareness and teaching both myself and others what Ataxians are capable of, despite whatever may lie in our way.

My goal for next May is a 535 mile race from Houston to New Orleans.

I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. I am trying to raise $3000 to compete in this event. It supports The Arc, which is a non-profit that provides services and programs for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They support their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lives.

👇Here is the link to donate:
    https://charity.gofundme.com/…/camp…/tour-du-rouge-535-miles

Stay Strong! 💪

Please Donate, Share, whatever you can do help make this possible.

Thank You.
    Last edited by Slade; 11-11-2019, 01:17 PM.

Done. Make us proud.

Comment

Thank you sir! I train most everyday, I will not fail!

On a side note, my colors on my jersey and gear etc is blue and orange =)
      Attached Files

Comment

DONE! cadence baby cadence!

Comment

Thank you! Cadence is the key to my knees not hurting!

Comment

Go get it, Slade!

Comment

Thank you! And Go Broncos!

Comment

Done and best wishes, keep fighting the good fight

Comment

Thank you for the donation 🙏 I love our little Mane community!

Comment

Raising awareness and educating people about Ataxia is what I do...so I prepared an Elway number of facts to help.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X