Bezos to buy the Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezos to buy the Broncos?

Or Washington? Or some NFL team, that's for sure.(yup, that's vague)

My first reaction when opening this article was that Denver could be a possibility and sure enough it's mentioned. At first I wasn't interested,but then thought of the positives: 1) immediate clout amongst owners, 2) possible rebranding, 3) new stadium to make it feasible to host a Super Bowl and let's not forget 4) stability. I believe we can't even talk about winning a super bowl again without proper structure and accountability at the top of the organization.

What else are the pros and cons to this possibility?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nt-owners/amp/

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	900
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2520119

Comment

If Joe Ellis was smart, he'd listen to any offers from Bezos. Bezos could buy the team lock, stock and barrel and the entire Bowlen family would be well compensated. What is the Broncos franchise worth, including Dove Valley and the Stadium?

Comment

Heck, Bezos ex-wife could probably afford to buy the Bowlens out...

Comment

It's going to take an ownership group with serious leverage and deep pockets to sort out the Bowlen heir(s) mess. Best case scenario is a Bezos type figure to pay off the Bowlen clan, tell Ellis to pound sand and to give John Elway the option of either gold watch exit left ceremony or to pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
            If Joe Ellis was smart, he'd listen to any offers from Bezos. Bezos could buy the team lock, stock and barrel and the entire Bowlen family would be well compensated. What is the Broncos franchise worth, including Dove Valley and the Stadium?
            It's not up to Ellis to sell the team. His job ends at running the organization. Selling is an ownership decision. I wonder what the % ownership is and who has voting rights. I could live with Bezos as an owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post

It's not up to Ellis to sell the team. His job ends at running the organization. Selling is an ownership decision. I wonder what the % ownership is and who has voting rights. I could live with Bezos as an owner.
              😂 it would get on trumps last nerve if Bezos was able to get an NFL team when he couldn’t.

Comment

I'd like to see a consortium led by Peyton Manning but he doesn't have the $$, no where close to a billionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
                  I'd like to see a consortium led by Peyton Manning but he doesn't have the $$, no where close to a billionaire.
                  People constantly bring up Manning's name when it comes to future head coach/owner/whatever and my response is always the same: give me some concrete reasons why he'd make a good NFL team owner/coach.

Nobody can do it.

I get the love for the guy, but literally nothing in his resume says he's anywhere near ready for either role. It makes no sense other than to satisfy more of the same "Elway nostalgia" that has us at least partly in the mess we're in now.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

😂 it would get on trumps last nerve if Bezos was able to get an NFL team when he couldn’t.
                    Bezos would be sort of a polarizing figure politically, but the reality is in 2019 it's going to take someone with Bezos like pockets to sort through the mess that is the post Pat Bronco ownership situation.

Comment

Ellis has no interest in helping to facilitate a more stabilized ownership situation. The current situation allows him to operate with impunity.

Comment

Isn't this all in the hands of a judge at this point? If the Bowlen family can't get on the same page I thought it was up to a judge to determine next steps (i.e. put the franchise up for sale). I'd research it,but am a little preoccupied with work at the moment.

Comment

i actually think it is in ellis purview to sell the team. i think the trust set it up that if they couldn't transition power to a bowlen kid he could sell it.

Comment

When it comes to this its all about what is offered and who of these screw ball kids gets what.
                            They could care less as to voting rights. It's how much money do I get rights.
                            If Bezos buys the team it would be a good thing in that the country club atmosphere in the FO would be gone immediately.

Comment

Bezos seems to be posed to be in DC area, doubt he buys the Denver Broncos. More likely he will partner with Synder and take a stake in the Skins.

Comment

Working...
                              X