Instant Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Replay

Some changes need to be made to instant replay. Here are my ideas. First of all, get rid of coaches challenges. All replays to be initiated by central office, like they do inside of 2 minutes, but, instead, for the entire game.

Types of plays that should be considered for replay...

1)all the ones that are currently reviewable, such as catch, out of bounds, possession, fumbles, etc, as well as pass interference.

2)holding

3)hits to the qb- late or unneccessary

4)defensive hands to the face

5)facemask

So, in other words, pretty much everything. Everything that can potentially have serious momentum affecting moments to games. I do suggest that in order for calls to be reversed, there must be an egregious error in on-field judgement. For example, If a helmet is grazed and a facemask is not called, then replay would not call for a facemask penalty.

Give a strict 90 second replay clock (ticking so that everyone can see), and if a play call is not reversed in that time, then the call stands. If they plan on reversing a call, but are working out technical details such as where to spot the ball, and/or what the game clock should be, then they will be allowed to finish the replay process to reverse a call.

​​​​​​
    I would estimate that there would be no more than 4-7 plays in an average game that would go to replay review, and this would add a minimal amount of time to overall game times.

Get rid of them all. Slows down the game and no consistency. Whenever you slow down plays they always look like penalties too.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Get rid of them all. Slows down the game and no consistency. Whenever you slow down plays they always look like penalties too.
      No, I would never be in favor of getting rid of replay in any sport. Too many ****ty refs in every sport, but in honesty, NFL refs are the worst of any refs of any sport.

Comment

I don't like many of the NCAA rules for football, but they get replay right. Take the college replay model and put it into the NFL.

Edit: with a time limit, now that I think about it I don't think the NCAA has one.
        Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 11-10-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          Yeah, replay sucks. Let them play, simplify the rules and let the stripes do their best.

Comment

If a call is reversed fine the ref $10K+ that ought to take care of it.

Comment

Given how inconsistent the helmet to the head hits or unnecessary roughness penalties are they should just put force sensors in the qbs helmet and shoulder pads similar to crash test dummies.

They put too much of a judgment call and the refs hands and given the speed of the game puts them in an unfair position.

Comment

Originally posted by ak1971 View Post
                If a call is reversed fine the ref $10K+ that ought to take care of it.
                , how much do you think they make a game?

Comment

An NFL game typically takes 3 hours to do one hour of game time. If the booth stopped the game more often it would be as boringly slow as baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                    An NFL game typically takes 3 hours to do one hour of game time. If the booth stopped the game more often it would be as boringly slow as baseball.
                    They need to get rid of commercial breaks during reviews. I actually enjoy seeing multiple angles, often in slow motion and try to guess the outcome of a replay decision, but cutting to a commercial break ruins this.

I also hate seeing egregious officiating errors stand, and impact games. Get it right, especially if a simple replay can allow for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post

No, I would never be in favor of getting rid of replay in any sport. Too many ****ty refs in every sport, but in honesty, NFL refs are the worst of any refs of any sport.
                      You must not watch the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post

...I actually enjoy seeing multiple angles, often in slow motion...
                        You and me both! (-_^) hahaha...

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jutang View Post
                          Given how inconsistent the helmet to the head hits or unnecessary roughness penalties are they should just put force sensors in the qbs helmet and shoulder pads similar to crash test dummies.

They put too much of a judgment call and the refs hands and given the speed of the game puts them in an unfair position.
                          Great idea. Put a sensor in the ball as well. That way you can activate the sensors when the ball leaves the vicinity of the QB.

Put mittens on the linemen and get rid of holding altogether.

Comment

I'd just rather they keep it the way it is, but allow the coaches to challenge anything. Including stuff under 2 minutes. Penalties called or not called - everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 19Morton77 View Post

, how much do you think they make a game?
                              Is it including side bets? Bada Bing.

Better yet, just start making them do interviews and justify their actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X