Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF: Von not even a top 25 pass rusher rn... lost a step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFF: Von not even a top 25 pass rusher rn... lost a step?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-pas...gs-week-9-2019

Ouch. Definitely looking like he's lost something. Not sure if it's a step or just his fire.

Comment

Or, and hear me out on this, PFF is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        Not by a margin that doesn’t require a discussion in which Von is not a great pass rusher right now

Comment

I don't think he's the Tier 1 pass rusher he used to be, but he's still in the Tier 2 mix. He's lost 3 or 4 sacks on some pretty fluky plays and has as many QB hits as Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack. Playing very disciplined football within Vic's scheme and defending the run at a high level.

They probably should be having conversations about his option next year though. He's not going to be worth that money.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            Compelling argument.

Comment

VON just needs his twin brother JESUS to help him out.

Comment

It's the fire not the tools. Look at the team the past few years. He's tired of it. Von always needed someone to push him or create or Abe a catalyst. Chubb is that guy to but he is out von is not a sort self starter kind of player. He needs a push.

Comment

He should lose some weight and get back to being more gumby. He never lacked physicality to play against the run and shedding some pounds should not turn him into a liability. Agaist the pass, he needs to be quicker off the snap. Now it looks like he's one step behind to turn a hit into sack.

I won't even use the snap count as an excuse anymore because Fangio has started to rotate the OLB's more, Miller's % is down to 89.49 and I found this:

2012: Played 89.91% of the snaps, 18.5 sacks.

Comment

He single handily ruined Cam Newton... that’s the only start that I care about... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Compelling argument.
                      Ok Boomer.

Comment

I mentioned it while I was watching the Cleveland game. His first step doesn't look as quick as it has and more than likely has to do with the 10lbs he put on during the off-season. I don't think it has anything to do with his fire though

Comment

im not a fan of pff but yea von isn’t the player he once was, he’s very overrated.

Comment

Pff. Is a b******* rag that focuses purely on statistics. I take von over anybody in this league at the linebacker position rushing a passer.

Comment

90% of snaps is a ton for a pass rusher of any age, especially a 30 year old who is double or triple teamed on every play. He's probably better at 238 lbs., at this point.

Also, PFF are clowns.

Comment

Working...
                              X