Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting analysis of all of Brandon Allen's throws.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting analysis of all of Brandon Allen's throws.

Hard to argue with this guy's overall take honestly. The big question is whether or not Allen starts making more progressions as teams take away his first read or not. If he doesn't we are going to see some really bad games from him, likely starting this weekend.

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Hard to argue with this guy's overall take honestly. The big question is whether or not Allen starts making more progressions as teams take away his first read or not. If he doesn't we are going to see some really bad games from him, likely starting this weekend.
    So true. I bet he doesn't complete 1 pass this weekend.

Comment

Sure decent, no brainer analysis... it was his first start.

Comment

He's not saying anything we all don't already think about Allen, and also, this guy affirms how bad Flacco was

Comment

The ability to run gives young QBs more margin for error if gameplanned right. I think he'll take a step back @ MIN, but can still be effective.

Comment

On bye then 2 tough road opponents. really tough outlook for a 1 game NFL Vet QB.

but the Broncos do play D.

i think a 8-8 team might make the AFC playoffs. 9-7 for sure.

Comment

Not to defend allen because I still think he sucks pretty badly overall, but arent the plays designed to be thrown to the first read? If your first read is open then that is where you throw it. I did not see a problem with that. Maybe he did not progress through his reads because the play was designed to go where it did and the WR or TE or whomever was open enough for the throw.

I get the guys point, but I am not sure it is all that good. Still do not think Allen is all that good either. So likely what I predicted he would look like for the Cleveland game is how he will look for the vikings next week: 4/14 37 yards, 2 ints, 1 sack fumble, 1 few scrambles for 15 ish yards.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                Not to defend allen because I still think he sucks pretty badly overall, but arent the plays designed to be thrown to the first read? If your first read is open then that is where you throw it. I did not see a problem with that. Maybe he did not progress through his reads because the play was designed to go where it did and the WR or TE or whomever was open enough for the throw.

I get the guys point, but I am not sure it is all that good. Still do not think Allen is all that good either. So likely what I predicted he would look like for the Cleveland game is how he will look for the vikings next week: 4/14 37 yards, 2 ints, 1 sack fumble, 1 few scrambles for 15 ish yards.
                Yes. if a QB was to go 25/25 and always to his #1 read that would mean the D was an epic failure and the O game plan was flawless. or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Yeah, I think a lot of those were planned first read throws. Which is what you ultimately want to do bringing a new-to-town kid in fresh off the bench. If we're throwing him in lots of situations requiring progressions, we're going to have a bad time.

Comment

I would bet when every huddle broke, Allen knew his intended receiver and a hot read. Nothing else. Everything else was a scramble drill.

Comment

Did Denver even enter the red zone? Lets see him have to make real NFL throws. A slant to Fant for 75 and a lob to Sutton that he Mossed Ward for were his two throws along with a nice lob over the defender once again to Fant.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Did Denver even enter the red zone? Lets see him have to make real NFL throws. A slant to Fant for 75 and a lob to Sutton that he Mossed Ward for were his two throws along with a nice lob over the defender once again to Fant.

he had 3 such throws completed. 2 to fant, 1 to sutton. all in 2nd half he also had a few very easy throws for first downs due to play design to Booker and Sutton.

there's no reason to not be optimistic about Allen but its not like he's Pat Mahommes.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

So true. I bet he doesn't complete 1 pass this weekend.
                          Heh. Oh yeah, the bye...

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            On bye then 2 tough road opponents. really tough outlook for a 1 game NFL Vet QB.

but the Broncos do play D.

i think a 8-8 team might make the AFC playoffs. 9-7 for sure.
                            Chances of this team going 8-8 are pretty remote. 9-7 is just homer talk.

Comment

If teams could know who the first read is on every play they would always take it away. That is a stupid take. Defenses try and take away a player. On a given play he may or may not be the first read. If the Broncos keep putting Fant forward as the playmaker defenses will try and take him away. They will also try and take away Sutton and Lindsey. Only a really, really good Defense can remove that many pieces with out breaking. This assumes that the Broncos Playmakers are better than their single defensive counterpart which will not always be the case. We will struggle when Sutton and Fant are not better than the CB and S/LB they are matched up with. Then again every offense struggles with that.

QB's get very average if you only chart their 2-4 read passes.

Comment

Working...
                              X