X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAT
    replied
    Originally posted by 24champ View Post

Nobody wants you in LA you *****ing idiot.

. Chargers are literally the only team with no home advantage.
    Rams are in the same exact boat..
    For now. They'll both be fine and fill up the stadium (with their own fans) in 10 years. Long game
    Last edited by HAT; 11-07-2019, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Black96WS6
    replied
    Just had to share this pic. I barely see any Charger blue at the Chargers home game this past Saturday. Looks like a Packers home game lol. Spanos really did a number on his fan base...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ChargersPackersStands.jpg Views:	0 Size:	279.9 KB ID:	2519166

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    TWO teams in europe.
    TWO bye weeks
    best soloution, pay me later, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Good stuff, Zero - I like it. Don't know how often you make it to Denver, but my favorite dive bar over there, just outside of downtown, was a little joint called the British Bulldog. Great spot to have a pint and catch a soccer game or even NFL football. Just don't go in there decked out in all your Chefs gear. ;-)
    Thanks. I don’t get to Denver much but I was out there a few weeks ago. Really like the place. A cousin of mine moved there from KC a couple years ago for no other reason than he and his wife enjoy the lifestyle. Hiking, fishing etc. didn’t work out for me to attend the Chiefs game there this year but I’m going to do that one of these years.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High Salute
    replied
    Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    This is a favorite topic of mine not related to the Chiefs.

The Chargers aren't going to London. Despite the cold reception in LA thus far...if they win, they'll draw and grow the fanbase. The stadium and revenues will be very good for them regardless. They've actually got a decent lease.

Second point. Some here have suggested the NFL will expand have X divisions etc etc.. The NFL is NOT adding franchises anytime soon at all. Please follow me on this. the NFL Domestic TV Market is MATURE. That means, that markets like San Antonio and Portland, already watch NFL football at nearly the same rate as current NFL markets do. In short, you don't get more TV viewership by putting a team in a domestic market. The owners aren't dumb. They have just about all the eyes they can get here in the states, looking at TV's on Sunday as it is. If they expanded in the US, all they accomplish is having to split the SAME TV revenue with even more owners. That isn't something they want to do.

The Jaguars continue to be the team that makes the most sense to move. They are the only team that plays a London game every single year. Their owner tried to buy Wembley Stadium. The Jax market isn't rife with tradition so moving wouldn't disturb anyone but the locals in Jacksonville, and none of their "rivals". If you happen to think NFL viewership will suffer in that market....at least it's just JAX...a rather small media market.

Some of the realignment and extra bye week stuff is interesting.....a few here had it right about Dallas....they didn't realing last time because the history is huge and the owners of teams in that division aren't interested in abandoning any of that for the sake of easier scheduling.

Most likely in opinion:

Chargers stay in LA.
    Jaguars eventually do move to London. The Jags move to the AFC East, and Miami moves to AFC South. That gets you some relatively easier flights from NY, and Boston. for 6 of the games. This gets the NFL a big new source of TV revenue form over there, and no extra franchises to ahve to share the pie with.

As a caveat....the Bills ownership seems pretty committed to Buffalo, but if they can't get a stadium done there...Toronto becomes a possibility.

Lastly...I dabble in uniform design nerdery. I made this concept of the "British Bulldogs" Dark Navy and light gray. (loosely based on the Georgetown Hoyas) Figure a London team should look stately, not gimmicky and does not and should not need to have a red white and blue color scheme just because of the Union Jack.
    Good stuff, Zero - I like it. Don't know how often you make it to Denver, but my favorite dive bar over there, just outside of downtown, was a little joint called the British Bulldog. Great spot to have a pint and catch a soccer game or even NFL football. Just don't go in there decked out in all your Chefs gear. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    London? Tokyo? Mexico City? Amsterdam? It doesn’t matter. There will still be more Broncos fans in the stands for their home games...book it!

Leave a comment:

• Zerovoltz
    replied
    This is a favorite topic of mine not related to the Chiefs.

The Chargers aren't going to London. Despite the cold reception in LA thus far...if they win, they'll draw and grow the fanbase. The stadium and revenues will be very good for them regardless. They've actually got a decent lease.

Second point. Some here have suggested the NFL will expand have X divisions etc etc.. The NFL is NOT adding franchises anytime soon at all. Please follow me on this. the NFL Domestic TV Market is MATURE. That means, that markets like San Antonio and Portland, already watch NFL football at nearly the same rate as current NFL markets do. In short, you don't get more TV viewership by putting a team in a domestic market. The owners aren't dumb. They have just about all the eyes they can get here in the states, looking at TV's on Sunday as it is. If they expanded in the US, all they accomplish is having to split the SAME TV revenue with even more owners. That isn't something they want to do.

The Jaguars continue to be the team that makes the most sense to move. They are the only team that plays a London game every single year. Their owner tried to buy Wembley Stadium. The Jax market isn't rife with tradition so moving wouldn't disturb anyone but the locals in Jacksonville, and none of their "rivals". If you happen to think NFL viewership will suffer in that market....at least it's just JAX...a rather small media market.

Some of the realignment and extra bye week stuff is interesting.....a few here had it right about Dallas....they didn't realing last time because the history is huge and the owners of teams in that division aren't interested in abandoning any of that for the sake of easier scheduling.

Most likely in opinion:

Chargers stay in LA.
    Jaguars eventually do move to London. The Jags move to the AFC East, and Miami moves to AFC South. That gets you some relatively easier flights from NY, and Boston. for 6 of the games. This gets the NFL a big new source of TV revenue form over there, and no extra franchises to ahve to share the pie with.

As a caveat....the Bills ownership seems pretty committed to Buffalo, but if they can't get a stadium done there...Toronto becomes a possibility.

Lastly...I dabble in uniform design nerdery. I made this concept of the "British Bulldogs" Dark Navy and light gray. (loosely based on the Georgetown Hoyas) Figure a London team should look stately, not gimmicky and does not and should not need to have a red white and blue color scheme just because of the Union Jack.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• superbowlman
    replied
    They should be paid double of they have to play in mexico. Give them extra cap space since nobody wants to go there. Maybe they could get some ads on Univision

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    Send the Browns to London and the Chargers to Cleveland... and Dolphins to Germany. Put KC in the NFC so they can never ever win a Lamar Hunt Trophy.

Expand to 36 teams with 3 divisions in each conference. Put 4 new teams in various cities in Europe playing the Chargers and Dolphins for a European division. Make East coast teams play them mostly & work around bye weeks for everyone else on a rotation.

Bring back the old style brackets from when there were 3 divisions. I miss those wild card games anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

the NFL wants to expand GLOBALY, not refurbish your delapidated river walk, sorry.
    Globally my ass, maybe London and Mexico City and what players are you going to get that want to live and raise a family in Mexico City.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    San Antonio desperately wants an NFL team and has the money build a great facility and a fan base that would pack the stadium.
    the NFL wants to expand GLOBALY, not refurbish your delapidated river walk, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    San Antonio desperately wants an NFL team and has the money build a great facility and a fan base that would pack the stadium.
    Spanos-tonio toros, now all you need is 2B.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I don't think the NFL really wants to mess too much with the divisions. Fans love their teams, but they also love the division rivalries. It's a huge part of the game. But to get the Chargers to London, they would have to mess with the divisions quite a bit. I'd say no, try to make it work in LA. I mean, damn, the stadium isn't finished yet and they want to move again? F that nonsense. Shut up and play football Spanos.
    you dont need divisional lines to maintain rivalries. dallas-redkins will always be the same regardless of what division they might be in.
    best 10 or 12 teams make play-offs with better tie breaking methods than division wins away from home.
    we will always have the historic rivalries, regardless of alignments.

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied
    If I was a player and was drafted by the London Chargers, I wouldn’t go. It will be very hard on families with kids that don’t want to leave the US.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X