London Chargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAT View Post
    Vinnie Bon is a Rams insider and you can bet your ass that the Rams pushed him to float this. Rams want that LA stadium to themselves.

The market will support both teams. The NFL just needs to embrace the fact that BOTH teams will get 30-50% opposing fan attendance for a generation or so. Not only is LA full of transplants, but even kids who grew up here latched on to other teams. They're not dropping those allegiances overnight.

The building will be full every week for both teams. Who cares what color jerseys are in the seats?
    exactomundo !
    truth be told SPANOS resents being a tennant, the family is a "landlord" empire after all !
    But like all the other NFL owners he wants the community to build his stadium for him.

going to europe wont change that.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdad View Post
      Phillip won't be able to ride his bus to work anymore.
      the short bus no longer hold him and his family

Comment

I am against it. Just start a league over there if that's what you want NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
          They sure as hell couldn't be in the AFC West.
          Right. This is the most unworkable thing. It would have to be one of the eastern conferences. Even then, awful logistics. A west coast division schedule to London though? Impossible.

Comment

Major outliers in the East divisions...

Cowboys and Dolphins.

Doubt the Cowboys would realign. Dolphins might.

Maybe an AFC East of Pats, Bills, Jets and London. About the most workable thing you could come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Right. This is the most unworkable thing. It would have to be one of the eastern conferences. Even then, awful logistics. A west coast division schedule to London though? Impossible.
              there would be an "atlantic" conference, a reshuffle of current divisions might take place.
              I do love the breakfast games, but thats in my pajamas drinking my own coffee, not getting my arse to a stadium at 7 am.

Comment

Major outliers in the East divisions...

Cowboys and Dolphins.

Doubt the Cowboys would realign. Dolphins might.

Maybe an AFC East of Pats, Bills, Jets and London. About the most workable thing you could come up with.
                jacksonville, dolphins, tennesee, london, germany "atlantic" division.

Comment

how about the Portland chargers or the Vancouver chargers

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
                    how about the Portland chargers or the Vancouver chargers
                    if either of those 2 municipalities are willing to spend 2BILLION and surrender all rights to spanos then , yes those sound like 2 lovely NFL locations.

Comment

chargers are on a lease, they are obligated to the new LA stadium.
                      neither them or the rams will feel like they are playing a HOME game for at least the first 5 seasons.

after the lease who knows , if the browns continue to historicly suck the city of cleveland might PAY to send them to london on a one way ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

There is parody in having the 2 travel teams play each other the first week.
                        A parody of what?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

jacksonville, dolphins, tennesee, london, germany "atlantic" division.
                          You'd need two new divisions if you're making divisions. Plus 5 teams wouldn't make any sense.

Could go balls to the wall and create two new European divisions. I doubt they're into that much risk though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

A parody of what?
                            equity. parity, my abuse of the english language is a parody.

Comment

You'd need two new divisions if you're making divisions. Plus 5 teams wouldn't make any sense.

Could go balls to the wall and create two new European divisions. I doubt they're into that much risk though.
                              we are expanding 2 teams, from 32 to 34.
                              we add another north american team, that is 35.
                              7 divisions, 5 teams each.
                              take another hit, visualize evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                                I am against it. Just start a league over there if that's what you want NFL.
                                NFL -e failed, they want the real deal, not the JV squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X