Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK so are do we still have hope or are the Browns just that bad ?/

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK so are do we still have hope or are the Browns just that bad ?/

    So is it still at the point of a huge fire sale this off season or is it just plain bad QB play ?

    It looked like a whole different team out there this Sunday. Are the Browns just that bad. I mean not to take anything thing away from that catch and run by Fant, but man talk about some bad tackling . I mean that team has problems. The whole tweet by Whitehead and then OBJ going off on Mayfield. I get it they have problems. .

    On that note. The Broncos looked serviceable. The D is by far better then what we first thought. We are a top 5 D in several different categorizes.

    Are a a Qb and a couple linemen from a team again or should we just stick a fork in it ?
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 11-05-2019, 12:56 PM.

  • #2
    I gotta see Drew Lock play more than a couple games this year

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CEH View Post
      I gotta see Drew Lock play more than a couple games this year
      If Allen plays like he did yesterday. I don't know if you see that this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Browns are junk, but good teams should regularly beat teams like that.

        i think I’m okay with let the young guys play this year... it’s pretty exciting that Allen looked decent, and we have a kid on the bench that may be franchise material.

        weve had a few nice drafts, very young guys from those drafts stepping up.... another good draft and a few smart, not desperate FA signings will be a nice way to round out an offseason...

        Another year of Fangs getting his guys on defense will be exciting..

        Comment


        • #5
          Browns are a confused team in a mess. They have talent.

          They got smoked by the Titans whom we donuted.

          Lost to the Rams by 1 score
          Beat the Ravens by 2 scores
          Lost to the Seahawks by 1 score
          Lost to the Patriots by 2 scores

          Fangio said it best today -

          "Could we be better than our record? Yes. Could we be worse than our record? No."

          The offense we put out for most this year has been so bad... bad bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Action View Post
            Browns are a confused team in a mess. They have talent.

            They got smoked by the Titans whom we donuted.

            Lost to the Rams by 1 score
            Beat the Ravens by 2 scores
            Lost to the Seahawks by 1 score
            Lost to the Patriots by 2 scores

            Fangio said it best today -

            "Could we be better than our record? Yes. Could we be worse than our record? No."

            The offense we put out for most this year has been so bad... bad bad.
            Good comment

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm just happy that the team is still fighting and playing hard. I can get behind that, win or lose. Unlike under VJ when they obviously mailed it in for multiple games.

              Comment


              • #8
                to me the season is a success cause Flacco didn’t even make it to the end.

                not sure about a fire sale since most are gone or will be gone anyways.

                The longer they wait for Simmons the less he’s going to sign.

                one safety already is going to get 14M on the cap next year. Can’t have 2 that high. Somethings gotta happen. Harris will be gone. Wolfe I doubt stays. Von has the out in his contract so who knows what they’ll do with him. Not much else left on the roster to even qualify for a fire sale.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Until we get a high end QB there is no hope.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    to me the season is a success cause Flacco didn’t even make it to the end.

                    not sure about a fire sale since most are gone or will be gone anyways.

                    The longer they wait for Simmons the less he’s going to sign.

                    one safety already is going to get 14M on the cap next year. Can’t have 2 that high. Somethings gotta happen. Harris will be gone. Wolfe I doubt stays. Von has the out in his contract so who knows what they’ll do with him. Not much else left on the roster to even qualify for a fire sale.
                    If they don't get a deal done, why not franchise tag him? 2019's value was $11M. Jackson essentially has 1 year left after this year. Definitely can make a large contract work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Broncos are a good LT and slightly above average QB away from being a playoff team in the AFC. Hopefully Lock can be that guy next year, and they draft an LT in the first that can step in right away. The question is, do they retain all the FA like Simmons and CHJ to keep the defense a top 5 unit next year. Add Bausby, Callahan, Chubb and the D is pretty good with what they have. They could use a #2 WR as well since Hamilton has been so dissapointing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        1. Yes, Virginia, the Browns really are bad.

                        2. The Broncos are better than when they started the season. So there's that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Browns are trash but the do have talent. They can beat anyone or get blown out by the Jets/Redskins.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ratboy View Post

                            If they don't get a deal done, why not franchise tag him? 2019's value was $11M. Jackson essentially has 1 year left after this year. Definitely can make a large contract work.
                            What’s the franchise tag if one of our own safeties is making 14M next year?

                            with all the cap space there is no reason a franchise tag is needed and a deal couldn’t get done. Only way that happens is if Denver low balls him like other players were. I could see lower offers when the cap is tighter, doing it with a lot of space would be a slap in the face.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The smart move for the Broncos is to get an extension with Simmons, which would allow a low cap number in 2020 because of the bonus. By the time Simmons has a big cap number in 2021, Kareem Jackson will be 33 years old in the final year of his deal and cutting him would save $10 million against only $3 million in dead money. The Broncos will have the option to easily move on from Jackson in 2021 if he does not reduce his cap number.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X