Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

woodyard and Ihenacho benched?!?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • woodyard and Ihenacho benched?!?!

    Saw a blurb on rotoworld and posting from phone. They were quotting the post.

  • #2
    they mentioned Woody was being rotated out to keep him fresh for the playoffs during the game. No benching.

    Comment


    • #3
      Strong safety Duke Ihenacho was benched in favor of Omar Bolden, and middle linebacker Wesley Woodyard, who hasn't been the same since suffering a neck stinger in Game 5 at Dallas, was replaced by Paris Lenon.

      Read more: Broncos' defense continues troubling trend of allowing lots of points - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2n0e0aK4O
      Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
      Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
      For me the the only benched more an gave Lenon some snaps. But you can read it both ways i think.

      Comment


      • #4
        Very true that Woodyard hasn't been the same post injury. Probably one of the many reasons our D has been so mediocre.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mile High 81 View Post
          For me the the only benched more an gave Lenon some snaps. But you can read it both ways i think.
          Care to write that over again. Honestly it doesn't make any sense.

          Nacho has been average at best if not slightly poor since early in the season. I don't blame his health as some here have. Taking poor angles is not bad health. Being out of position is not poor health. He's just not playing good right now and he was benched. Simple as that.

          Champ aint gonna play safety this year and he won't be back next year. Adams is nothing special and neither is Moore. Jammer sucks. Boldin sucks and Nacho isn't proving he's ready yet. Bruton isn't a starting safety either. This team has to address safety next year in the draft and FA.
          Last edited by ZONA; 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            Care to write that over again. Honestly it doesn't make any sense.

            Nacho has been average at best if not slightly poor since early in the season. I don't blame his health as some here have. Taking poor angles is not bad health. Being out of position is not poor health. He's just not playing good right now and he was benched. Simple as that.

            Champ aint gonna play safety this year and he won't be back next year. Adams is nothing special and neither is Moore. Jammer sucks. Boldin sucks and Nacho isn't proving he's ready yet. Bruton isn't a starting safety either. This team has to address safety next year in the draft and FA.
            I don't disagree. I would sign DRC long term....keep Moore, Harris, Webster, Bruton (Special Teams) and draft the best CB or Safety at #32 in the 1st round. Maybe even trade back out from there and get a 2nd round safety and CB who slipped.

            I also think we need a stud MLB. So, if the value isn't there for Safety/CB go MLB. Move WW back to WLB. Our Dline is starting to get there...we need to improve the play of our LB's and secondary.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
              I don't disagree. I would sign DRC long term....keep Moore, Harris, Webster, Bruton (Special Teams) and draft the best CB or Safety at #32 in the 1st round. Maybe even trade back out from there and get a 2nd round safety and CB who slipped.

              I also think we need a stud MLB. So, if the value isn't there for Safety/CB go MLB. Move WW back to WLB. Our Dline is starting to get there...we need to improve the play of our LB's and secondary.
              And put Trevathan..... where??

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey, it worked. If we performed all season long on D like we did yesterday, we'd literally be the #1 ranked defense in the league.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We're giving up 27 pts per game, somethings gotta change!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Greatspirits View Post
                    We're giving up 27 pts per game, somethings gotta change!
                    Not if we keep scoring 39.6

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                      And put Trevathan..... where??
                      backup/special teams. Sure, he's got a lot of tackles....but, where are the tackles being made....down the field. He started out the season looking very good in coverage....but, over the past 6-7 games he has bee a huge liability in pass coverage. The bottom line is....you do what you have to in order to improve your roster. WW gets eaten up in the middle...his natural position is on the weakside and he's better than Trevathan. We need to a stud MLB...Leader on defense. We still don't have it....and our defense continues to suck! We haven't had that since Al Wilson.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                        Not if we keep scoring 39.6
                        Turnovers will ruin it everytime, and this defense can't mask those turnovers. Our only 2 losses have been turnovers. Both games offenses scored into the 30s

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                          backup/special teams. Sure, he's got a lot of tackles....but, where are the tackles being made....down the field. He started out the season looking very good in coverage....but, over the past 6-7 games he has bee a huge liability in pass coverage. The bottom line is....you do what you have to in order to improve your roster. WW gets eaten up in the middle...his natural position is on the weakside and he's better than Trevathan. We need to a stud MLB...Leader on defense. We still don't have it....and our defense continues to suck! We haven't had that since Al Wilson.
                          No.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Turnovers will ruin it everytime, and this defense can't mask those turnovers. Our only 2 losses have been turnovers. Both games offenses scored into the 30s
                            Look on the bright side: our defense is currently tied for 19th in the league in yds per play.

                            You can put some blame on our offense for the fast pace and the turnovers or the special teams for all their turnovers. Those two factors ensure that our defense is going to face more snaps than almost every other team in the league (in fact, only 5 teams have seen more defensive snaps than us).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We certainly need to improve depth period. If we can't get a stud LB and Trevethan is relegated to back-up duties, then that's quality depth.

                              It's interesting I suggested we needed two safeties last year. Just glad people are coming around.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X