United Kingdom "super fans"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Kingdom "super fans"

Broncos fans.....curious to know if any of you have seen, encountered, read anything, etc about or from any UK based Broncos fans.

The reason I ask is that there are a few UK based Chiefs fans who post very frequently on Twitter. Back around the time of the AFC title game, a patriots fan showed up and started accusing this particular british Chiefs fan of being a paid product placement person, being paid by the NFL.

I didn't think anything of it at the time...but as time has gone on further....it's stuck with me and whenver I read this guys tweets or see he videos...it really makes me wonder. The guy is not an american. Wasn't born in america. He has a hardcore collection of memorabilia, knick knacks, jerseys, etc in his "man cave". I'm not saying it isn't possible, but being in the UK...you'd have to put some serious coin and A LOT of time into collecting this stuff from way over there. Furthermore, I've never really seen this guy really even throw any big time negative shade on anything Chiefs related.....that's fine..a lot of fans are that way....but this guy.....the more I see, the more skeptical I am that HE IS some kind of paid novelty item to generate interest over there by demonstrating what a "huge fan" he is and how many football saavy americans follow him.

Is there a Broncos overseas mega fan equivilent? If so, do you think he's a legit Bronco fan? or do you have doubts and wonder if said fan is just making some coin on the side to be an influencer?

(aren't you all glad I didn't point out for the 100'th time why Lock isn't playing? )

Who pays you?
    ​​​​​​You are the only spy trying to influence an agenda here. The Brits we have only ever come around when they feel like it. And they never try to influence us beyond which beers to drink abroad and stuff like perfect boob size vs height.

Obviously ours are real.
    Obviously yours are fake.

Reasons why: we are actually cool to visit and can talk about esoteric ideas or football. We have space experts, physicists, Doctors, Artists (non tractor tire kind) and people that have homes in both countries. We also have living champions. Hell you come here everyday, more often than any broncos fan or mod or even the site owner... Because we can actually talk in paragraphs rather than just sentences like your ilk.

What do you chumps got? Sentence length dialogue, pig meat, crayons, an entire genre of music based off being sad, and cousin love.

We don't need fake fans. We actually beat the Pats on the way to the SB. Lots of people don't like the Pat's in Europe. (Probably true for all of Earth.) And we as fans are way more interesting than Bubba and Cletus...

Comment

That is how Red Bull Started their marketing campaigns in the US. Paid brand ambassadors. Its also how all these instagram people make their cash.

Comment

We've had a few long-term European overseas fans. UK, Irish and French I can remember off the top of my head. I don't remember it going so far in to showing off bling or man caves. Who was the guy that talked about importing Colorado beers for a SB party? Good times. None of them really struck me as likely plants.

On the one hand, if the NFL was going to try something like that, they'd probably do so on the back of a hot bandwagon like the Chiefs. On the other hand, if a superfan was going to pick a time to cock off in public and have that get traction, it would also be when a franchise is peaking, like KC.

I'm sure somewhere in the UK there's a legit Phins superfan. He's probably not the life of any parties at this point.

Comment

The dolphins have a massive fan base in the UK because the NFL exploded in the 80's on english TV. They were a legit team with Shula and Dan Marino at QB and also with Florida a much visited tourist spot. There is a massive NFL fanbase in the UK and we watch our teams late in the day or in the middle of the night with games starting at 1am and the second monday nighter of opening weekend will start at 3.20am and will finish after 6am. I stayed up to watch that ****ty opening game at Oakland till way past 6am. The UK nfl fan is hardcore and very loyal.

Dont believe the bull **** from the NFL office about a UK franchise. We all have our own teams we support we would not drop them to support a UK franchise. The games in the UK are supported well but you can easily get tickets for any of the games despite the NFL office saying games are selling out when they go on sale. Its nonsense like they also say that Regent Street in London gets half a million people attending an NFL rally the day before a game. When the real number is nowhere near 5 grand let alone half a million.

The interest is overstated. We all have our own teams and remain loyal to them. The NFL know this but they carry on with the bull**** of a UK NFL franchise. I have never been to a UK game and never will because i believe the NFL is to be experienced in the USA and i think its ****ty that teams and cities have to give up home games. I am a UK Bronco fan and have been since the mid-eighties and have probably spent close to 5 grand on a couple of trips to see Bronco games in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
            The dolphins have a massive fan base in the UK because the NFL exploded in the 80's on english TV. They were a legit team with Shula and Dan Marino at QB and also with Florida a much visited tourist spot. There is a massive NFL fanbase in the UK and we watch our teams late in the day or in the middle of the night with games starting at 1am and the second monday nighter of opening weekend will start at 3.20am and will finish after 6am. I stayed up to watch that ****ty opening game at Oakland till way past 6am. The UK nfl fan is hardcore and very loyal.

Dont believe the bull **** from the NFL office about a UK franchise. We all have our own teams we support we would not drop them to support a UK franchise. The games in the UK are supported well but you can easily get tickets for any of the games despite the NFL office saying games are selling out when they go on sale. Its nonsense like they also say that Regent Street in London gets half a million people attending an NFL rally the day before a game. When the real number is nowhere near 5 grand let alone half a million.

The interest is overstated. We all have our own teams and remain loyal to them. The NFL know this but they carry on with the bull**** of a UK NFL franchise. I have never been to a UK game and never will because i believe the NFL is to be experienced in the USA and i think its ****ty that teams and cities have to give up home games. I am a UK Bronco fan and have been since the mid-eighties and have probably spent close to 5 grand on a couple of trips to see Bronco games in Denver.
            I am sure, as you say, every team has some real, hardcore fans, like you. I am certain that KC is no different in this regard, but this one particular guy, just strikes me as being into it a little more than I'd think possible....or rather plausible. Perhaps he is totally legit...totally possible.

Old Coyote ....I LOVE spending my time (at work) here! .....I enjoy the conjecture. You all have a really passionate, group here that is willing to look at the team with critical eye. ....except you. You can't bring yourself to accept that Elway is flawed and so to rationalize the teams poor showing recently, you try to convince yourself and others the team is tanking on purpose, as if it were a plan instead of the result of mismanagement.

Everyone else....thanks for your input.

Comment

Blow another kiss at my left nut Zero.

You know you love being here and that you are a troll spy. I give you credit for thinking in paragraphs. Smart for a KC fan don't mean smart though.

And I don't think Elway is infallible...
              You should remember from when you used to be Losschief.

Sorry you can't advertise your relatives for sale here anymore by the way.

Comment

We have a famous UK guy here that doesn't come in as much but he has the bouncy boobs as his avatar. We also had Scotland Bronco (or something like that) and he went to the Broncos vs 49ers game in SF.

Comment

’Super fan’ is entirely an American concept.

champhalloffamer is pretty much correct as well

Comment

Originally posted by 19Morton77 View Post
                    We have a famous UK guy here that doesn't come in as much but he has the bouncy boobs as his avatar. We also had Scotland Bronco (or something like that) and he went to the Broncos vs 49ers game in SF.
                    BroncoBlue I think. He has been posting since Plummer if I remember right

You can post this chef crap in the kFc sucks thread ZerohopeforSB.

When I go to chef planet I keep all my Bronco talk or mentions about them in the Bronco thread they have there. Those who want to see it can find it there. That way the board doesn’t fill up with another teams crap.
                    Last edited by broncosteven; 11-02-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X