Demarcus Walker and Dremont Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarcus Walker and Dremont Jones

Even though we lost another game on another 50 yard EOG Field Goal. I thought the younger defensive Pass Rushers showed some skill. I remember specifically Demarcus Walker beat Q. Nelson clean at the line of scrimmage for a solid pressure. I do believe the pressure turned into a QB run for a first down which sucks.(QB runs from pressure for our team may be the biggest problem our current offense can fix with Allen.) Still both guys looked good against what may be the best interior OL in Football. Dremont also had 1 or 2 tipped passes. I have not had a lot of hope for Walker previously but he has looked serviceble as a pass rusher anyway this season. Hopefully he can keep improving. DT's normally take a little time to mature - Trevor Pryce, and Malik Jackson both took at least a year.

As a side note did anybody else notice Alexander Johnson make a great delayed blitz rush only to run right by the Brissett holding the ball and tackle the RB after a fake hand off. He got there so fast that after grabbing the RB and taking him down he was able to reverse and chase Brissett out of the pocket. Where he ran for an additional first down I believe.

Yes. Those fellas did well.
    I also love Harris being a DE and Purcell being NT. Next year with CHJ back and Callahan and Bausby back from IR... This team will be even better on D. Which is saying something. As right now the Denver D is a top ten unit. And that's getting hardly any rest all every game...

​​​​​​

Comment

I think Dawson and D. Harris look interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
        I also love Harris being a DE and Purcell being NT. Next year with CHJ back and Callahan and Bausby back from IR... This team will be even better on D. Which is saying something. As right now the Denver D is a top ten unit. And that's getting hardly any rest all every game...

​​​​​​
        Having a lead, and getting even a little bit of rest in the second half would make them even more effective.

Comment

The D is coming around, despite losing Chubb for the year.

Comment

Walker was always talented, just misused. He was a inside pass rushing beast that they tried to turn into a coverage OLB.

Comment

​​​​​​
              Don't forget about Chubb

Comment

Bausby was looking great as well before he went down. If the Broncos can re-sign Harris and Simmons, next season is looking good for the D.

Comment

The fact is John is bringing in talent he is just struggling at OL and QB. Too bad those are key to your team.

Imagine this place if we brought Mayfield in and ended up with only 2 wins so far?

The fact is it is hard to find/draft QB's in the NFL. There are times where lower round picks out perform higher round ones like the guy in Carolina and Minschew in Jax.

Here is to hoping Lock can become a serviceable NFL QB.

Comment

​​​​​​
                    CHJ almost certainly won’t be back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

CHJ almost certainly won’t be back next year.
                      I disagree- I think we are better than 50/50 at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                        Walker was always talented, just misused. He was a inside pass rushing beast that they tried to turn into a coverage OLB.
                        Walker was tried at OLB for less than 1/2 his rookie season. Didn't he get sick and come in light to camp his rookie year? I know he has always been undersized- Closer to Bradley Chubbs weight than to Derrick Wolf's.

He is not a good run defender. His 2nd year teams were invested in running down our throat after the Jets Debacle. That made it hard for him to see the field.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post

Walker was tried at OLB for less than 1/2 his rookie season. Didn't he get sick and come in light to camp his rookie year? I know he has always been undersized- Closer to Bradley Chubbs weight than to Derrick Wolf's.

He is not a good run defender. His 2nd year teams were invested in running down our throat after the Jets Debacle. That made it hard for him to see the field.
                          Walker was 280 at the combine, he played at 273-275 during his latter years at FSU, that sick story was BS. The coaches asked him to slim down and move to OLB. Then he got deactivated because he couldn't play ST's.
                          He did get sick but no viral infection is going to make you drop from 280 lbs to 250 that quickly.

Comment

Even the talk that DeMarcus Walker could not play on ST was suspect. He is playing a lot on special teams this season, 74 snaps, same ST coordinator as last season.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post

I disagree- I think we are better than 50/50 at this point.
                              agreed. I think he sees how good the D is and wants to stay part of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X