Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - I actually RAN/Jogged at least 10 yards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - I actually RAN/Jogged at least 10 yards!

I know the season is still going on but was so pumped I had to share.

I had my lumbar fusion back in the 1st week of June and have stretched out 29 visits of PT since then. My last visit is 2 weeks from now. It took until the Broncos got their 1st victory where all that work I did stretching and strengthening started to pay off. The surgeon didn't understand why I wasn't 100% back in August but I had been dealing with issues down there for 10 years. The PT lady said that I built up a ton of facia(SP?) which is like muscle scar tissue from all the pain way paths being miss-used all those years and it was going to take time to teach my brain to fire the muscles that weren't working firing before. She said it could take another 2 years to get everything sorted out as the neck contributes to the hip and lumbar issues but it is getting better. Up until a few weeks ago I was getting down and worried that I got all the benefit out of the procedure I was every going to and have to learn to deal with the limits I had but like I said it finally clicked and started to turn around after all that work.

I still have a long way to go, especially neck wise as I still get pain in the 8's-9's up there, but I was actually speed walking to get my son yesterday and thought to myself that if I tried I bet I could run. I met him at school and then ran as fast as I could before my knees started freaking out but it was amazing! My daughter is going to get me a track suit and hand weights so I can go to the mall and speed walk with the other old people.

I am also doing a lot more IT consulting, still mostly from home, I had started ramping that up before the season started a little by little but hoping to eventually getting close to a normal work week even with the neck issues.

I wanted to share my joy and remind anyone struggling with life issues that it is always darkest before the dawn and to never give up. I am still going to have a sine wave of good and bad days but I know now that it can still get better. Giving up is easy but if you set manageable goals and work hard it will eventually pay off, no matter what your problem is. I challenge anyone else going though hard times to come up with a plan with some trusted friends or doctors, set some small goals and accomplish them and also volunteer, by volunteering your time you forget about your problems and focus your attention on others. Go get it!

My next goal is to figure out how to get on my mountain bike next summer. I miss not being able to ride bike trips with my son, we have some great bike paths here in IL. Would like to sling a Gibson Les Paul too but have a lot of other projects around the house to pay for before buying a Gibson.

Thanks to all who have asked about my health over the last few years. I appreciate it.

Steve

Best to you, appreciate the 57K posts.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congratulations on your progress, Steven. With a positive attitude, you will be able to accomplish great things. Good luck with all your future plans. Now, give those KC trolls hell, brother!

Comment

Congrats! Keep grinding! It will only get easier!

Comment

Awesome to hear. I’m glad you are progressing. Every little step to where you want to be is fulfilling to you and I’m happy you are in good spirits. Remember, the track suit is key. So make sure your daughter chooses wisely.

Comment

Nice job, Steve-o! I know you've been dealing with this forever. That's quite an accomplishment.

Comment

Remember Failure is not Option. Keep it up Dude.

Comment

congrats man. keep working hard on the rehab.

Comment

So you are officially off IR and we can move you to the reserve PUP list. That’s great news, you should be 100% by next season.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

TTIUW40times

Comment

My girl does PT

The stories....lol

Glad to hear you're doing all right

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Can you start at QB for us?
                              hahaha... Kidding... Kind of.

But keep it up Steven.
                              We might all argue about everything else, but every one on this board is pulling for you and happy to hear that you are on the road to being healed.

This really is the best news of the season so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X