X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    Wow, had no idea Simmons had that big of an impact. I know he makes some big plays, but it seems like he is out of position sometimes too. Amazing accomplishment for Justin Simmons. Broncos 2016 draft was special. An All Pro (Simmons) and 2 Solid Starters (McGovern, Janovich).

That's going to be costly, lol. Bumped him up from $12M to probably $15M.
    Idk,pretty sure 14M was always the floor.

Leave a comment:

• peacepipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Simmons certainly out-played Jackson massively this season. It does kind of make you wonder how much of this is Fangio. Simmons was kind of average before Fangio and Jackson was kind of average after Fangio. Hmm...
    Simmons played good last year as well. He playing better cause he’s developing into a great safety.

Leave a comment:

• bowtown
    replied
    Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

No one knows how Eddies Contract is structured yet, I read that duh bears don't have a lot of cap space so a lot of his deal could be backloaded and his contract isn't fully guaranteed.

John has to invest in a home grown draft pick. I would worry about Simmon's holding out if he got tagged.

He basically said that he’d be happy with a long term contract from a team or the tag. I don’t think there’s any concern about him holding out if we tag him.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

Simmons was a great pick but Lynch set this franchise back 3 years. Hardly special
    Wouldn't have been set back 3 years if the head coach did a proper in-game evaluation.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied

Right, but my main point is that both guys seem to be A LOT better under Fangio. Jackson's whole career was under Fangio until this season.
    Oh ya I hear ya on that. Can even go back to SF with Whitner excelling under Fangio.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

OK. 2019 goes to Simmons. Overall body of work I see Jackson as better. He’s also been all pro when Simmons wasn’t.

2nd team all pro and first team are 2 different things. Jackson’s been a 1st team all pro.
    Right, but my main point is that both guys seem to be A LOT better under Fangio. Jackson's whole career was under Fangio until this season.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

Simmons was a great pick but Lynch set this franchise back 3 years. Hardly special
    Two years. The third year we wasted on waiting for Chad Kelly to get his **** together.

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied

You talking about Kareem or Eddie? I’m talking about Eddie Jackson. I’m saying Eddie Jackson > Simmons. Not Kareem

certainly he isn’t going to be cheap though. He’s going to ask for 15M now especially after today’s all pro/Eddie jackson extension. Denver offered him a low ball contract before the season Simmons promptly said no. He gambled on himself and now will make more.

you also have the old “great in a contract year” angle.
    No one knows how Eddies Contract is structured yet, I read that duh bears don't have a lot of cap space so a lot of his deal could be backloaded and his contract isn't fully guaranteed.

John has to invest in a home grown draft pick. I would worry about Simmon's holding out if he got tagged.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied

I'm talking about Eddie Jackson. Justin Simmons was much better than him this year. Given that Simmons got an All-Pro spot and Jackson didn't I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this.
    OK. 2019 goes to Simmons. Overall body of work I see Jackson as better. He’s also been all pro when Simmons wasn’t.

2nd team all pro and first team are 2 different things. Jackson’s been a 1st team all pro.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

You talking about Kareem or Eddie? I’m talking about Eddie Jackson. I’m saying Eddie Jackson > Simmons. Not Kareem

certainly he isn’t going to be cheap though. He’s going to ask for 15M now especially after today’s all pro/Eddie jackson extension. Denver offered him a low ball contract before the season Simmons promptly said no. He gambled on himself and now will make more.

I'm talking about Eddie Jackson. Justin Simmons was much better than him this year. Given that Simmons got an All-Pro spot and Jackson didn't I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post
    Wow, had no idea Simmons had that big of an impact. I know he makes some big plays, but it seems like he is out of position sometimes too. Amazing accomplishment for Justin Simmons. Broncos 2016 draft was special. An All Pro (Simmons) and 2 Solid Starters (McGovern, Janovich).

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied

Simmons certainly out-played Jackson massively this season. It does kind of make you wonder how much of this is Fangio. Simmons was kind of average before Fangio and Jackson was kind of average after Fangio. Hmm...

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied

Last edited by pricejj; 01-03-2020, 03:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

Jackson is better than Simmons IMO and deserves more money. But Simmons agent won’t agree with that. This huge Jackson contract is why you try to get an extension before this happens. Now the agent will bring in Jackson’s contract blue prints.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I don’t they resign him this year. Maybe tag him and kick this down the road.
    No, we have the cap room this year. Get a deal done and show the other players that the organization takes care of their own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X